Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? 21:49 - Jul 7 with 2638 viewsunstableblue

I note Phil stated:

“ However, it's early in pre-season and the Blues are bedding in new man Taylor, who showed some good moments as he finds his feet in a new team, and with a number of players short on pre-season training at this stage, while tactical tweaks such as Davis's more central role are being integrated.”

Bit unclear on Davis position

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 22:10 - Jul 7 with 2444 views765765

Taylor didn't score a hat-trick of worldie's? Boooo, Ashton out!
For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 22:27 - Jul 7 with 2253 viewsunstableblue

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 22:10 - Jul 7 by 765765

Taylor didn't score a hat-trick of worldie's? Boooo, Ashton out!

This is highly disappointing, how does one return a season ticket?!

As you say BOOO, BOOOO, BOOOOOO… shame.. Shame… SHAME

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 22:31 - Jul 7 with 2216 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Someone posted this on twitter

'Taylor was very good on the ball played high up almost as a left attacking mid with edwards further wide and davis tucked in a bit in possession almost as an inverted full back.'

Probably a bit early given its just 45 mins to tell if this is going to be a change in formation
For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 22:35 - Jul 7 with 2178 viewsunstableblue

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 22:31 - Jul 7 by burnbudgiesburn

Someone posted this on twitter

'Taylor was very good on the ball played high up almost as a left attacking mid with edwards further wide and davis tucked in a bit in possession almost as an inverted full back.'

Probably a bit early given its just 45 mins to tell if this is going to be a change in formation

Thanks BBB

This reminds me of an interesting point from a recent Taylor interview… he implied that he’s being playing very advanced… almost behind the striker at Posh… we have Chaplin, Broadhead and Burns for that… so certainly will be playing in a different role for Town. But with the ability to augment attack and bring goals… much like when Morsy was making runs and goals… which seemed to reduce though last season

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 23:11 - Jul 7 with 1883 viewsIpswich24

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 22:35 - Jul 7 by unstableblue

Thanks BBB

This reminds me of an interesting point from a recent Taylor interview… he implied that he’s being playing very advanced… almost behind the striker at Posh… we have Chaplin, Broadhead and Burns for that… so certainly will be playing in a different role for Town. But with the ability to augment attack and bring goals… much like when Morsy was making runs and goals… which seemed to reduce though last season

I was there tonight. I thought he was a bit sloppy at times like a lot of his team mates. I was very impressed with the opposition tonight who more than held there own. But as we all know at this stage it's all about minutes in the legs.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 23:46]

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 23:41 - Jul 7 with 1765 viewsunstableblue

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 23:11 - Jul 7 by Ipswich24

I was there tonight. I thought he was a bit sloppy at times like a lot of his team mates. I was very impressed with the opposition tonight who more than held there own. But as we all know at this stage it's all about minutes in the legs.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 23:46]

Thanks 24

I can’t imagine Maidenhead are that far into their pre-season!

And it does seem they gave us a real test!

To be clear they came close to relegation from the National League, finishing just above the relegation places. And strikingly they finished 57 points behind champions Wrexham.

But it’s just preseason and a lesson perhaps I’m not firing up properly

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 07:09 - Jul 8 with 1296 viewsChurchman

For those who went tonight? How did Taylor look? on 23:41 - Jul 7 by unstableblue

Thanks 24

I can’t imagine Maidenhead are that far into their pre-season!

And it does seem they gave us a real test!

To be clear they came close to relegation from the National League, finishing just above the relegation places. And strikingly they finished 57 points behind champions Wrexham.

But it’s just preseason and a lesson perhaps I’m not firing up properly

I watched Dartford at the end of last season (in the league below) and the most noticeable thing about non league compared to ye olde days is how fit the players are. They are no longer in search of the iron lung after 60 mins but just keep going. There’s no old fat pro’s lumbering around and deadbeats these days. The main difference to those higher up the pyramid is, of course, skill levels.

So I’m not surprised they gave our lot a good work out. For us it’s very much fitness and physically getting up to speed. It’s all good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024