Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid 16:14 - Jul 6 with 7129 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace.

Our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026 and the club may then be in serious danger of folding.

With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful. We are trying to contact all EFL fans forums to gain support, a new ground would massively improve the away fan experience which is shocking in our current ground as I’m sure many of you would agree, and our lease is being terminated in 3 years time.

It only takes about five minutes or so to fill in the short online form at https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stadium-land-use-negotiations by 23 July 2023 where you will also find supporting information and documents.

The benefits to you as away fans will be:
A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.
Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.
A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-side ground we have now.
A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless in just a few years would be massively appreciated. Thank you.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 12:07]
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:18 - Jul 6 with 5497 viewsCoastalblue

Will it have anti fog fans?

Happy to complete

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:21 - Jul 6 with 5473 viewsRobTheMonk

Much better location than where it is currently. You can actually get to the town centre via regular bus if you fancied some beers after the game. Summertown would see an increased boom in business too.
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:21 - Jul 6 with 5470 viewsRyorry

Happy to complete later, g'luck to you 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:24 - Jul 6 with 5437 viewsbournemouthblue

Signed, good luck!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:26 - Jul 6 with 5414 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:18 - Jul 6 by Coastalblue

Will it have anti fog fans?

Happy to complete

That was an incredible afternoon, couldn’t see a thing, crazy how the referee didn’t abandon the game! Thanks for offer of support
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:29 - Jul 6 with 5386 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:21 - Jul 6 by RobTheMonk

Much better location than where it is currently. You can actually get to the town centre via regular bus if you fancied some beers after the game. Summertown would see an increased boom in business too.

Thanks the new location will be literally miles better with proper transport links right next to the ground and as you say much better facilities at the ground and in the surrounding parts of the City
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:31 - Jul 6 with 5367 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:21 - Jul 6 by Ryorry

Happy to complete later, g'luck to you 👍

Thanks for the replies and offers of support from those of you who have replied already, that’s brilliant
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:32 - Jul 6 with 5343 viewsRyorry

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:29 - Jul 6 by CryforhelpOUFC

Thanks the new location will be literally miles better with proper transport links right next to the ground and as you say much better facilities at the ground and in the surrounding parts of the City

Haven't looked yet, whereabouts in Summertown? I used to work at Oxfam HQ in Summertown, back in the day (1969-70!).

Login to get fewer ads

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:35 - Jul 6 with 5323 viewsCoastalblue

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:32 - Jul 6 by Ryorry

Haven't looked yet, whereabouts in Summertown? I used to work at Oxfam HQ in Summertown, back in the day (1969-70!).

It's just off the Kidlington roundabout, close to Bicester Road I believe. Would be an ideal location, I'm in Oxford a lot for work.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:35 - Jul 6 with 5315 viewsRyorry

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:35 - Jul 6 by Coastalblue

It's just off the Kidlington roundabout, close to Bicester Road I believe. Would be an ideal location, I'm in Oxford a lot for work.

Ah, cheers.

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:38 - Jul 6 with 5292 viewsITFC_Blood

Tin pot club

Fog off

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:39 - Jul 6 with 5284 viewsChe

I haven't forgiven you for relegating us in 1986 with the spectacle of Maxwell running on the pitch, but, now I have got that off my chest I will sign the petition.
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:40 - Jul 6 with 5271 viewsWallingford_Boy

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:32 - Jul 6 by Ryorry

Its not really that close to Summertown at all, its Kidlington!

Don't think Summertown would see much of a difference in trade, Kidlington certainly would.

Still miles from town centre, but right next to Oxford Parkway station.

RIP Sir Bobby

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:43 - Jul 6 with 5255 viewslizzibee

Will it be anti-fog proof and four stands?
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 17:05 - Jul 6 with 5130 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:40 - Jul 6 by Wallingford_Boy

Don't think Summertown would see much of a difference in trade, Kidlington certainly would.

It’s probably a few miles from Summertown, on outskirts of Kidlington and exactly as you have said right next to Oxford Parkway Station and a Park and Ride as well, so transport links superb. The new ground will have 4 sides and corners filled in as well! 😂
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 17:08 - Jul 6 with 5093 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:39 - Jul 6 by Che

I haven't forgiven you for relegating us in 1986 with the spectacle of Maxwell running on the pitch, but, now I have got that off my chest I will sign the petition.

Thanks, and glad it’s helped you get rid of the 1986 skeleton in the cupboard!

Well done on promotion last season too, I’m sure you’ll do very well back in The Championship, richly deserved.
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 17:13 - Jul 6 with 5045 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:43 - Jul 6 by lizzibee

Will it be anti-fog proof and four stands?

4 stands, filled in corners, even some proper bars. All depends on approval though, many of them to come along the way, the first of which is to get County Council approval to lease the land at the proposed site, hence the request for support from as many football fans as possible. We could well go out of existence in a few years if the new stadium doesn’t happen.

Positive responses and a few decent comments about location etc… from fans of other clubs would be really appreciated and help make a difference.

Thanks
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 17:47 - Jul 6 with 4922 viewsRobTheMonk

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 16:40 - Jul 6 by Wallingford_Boy

You can walk from Summertown to parkway in 45 mins or get a bus and get there in about 15. Kidlington pubs would be busy too. Red Lion would be a good one for fans.
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 18:24 - Jul 6 with 4807 viewslizzibee

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 17:13 - Jul 6 by CryforhelpOUFC

4 stands, filled in corners, even some proper bars. All depends on approval though, many of them to come along the way, the first of which is to get County Council approval to lease the land at the proposed site, hence the request for support from as many football fans as possible. We could well go out of existence in a few years if the new stadium doesn’t happen.

Positive responses and a few decent comments about location etc… from fans of other clubs would be really appreciated and help make a difference.

Thanks

I'll obviously sign it - just still bitter over the fog issue (obviously)
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 18:32 - Jul 6 with 4758 viewsAJblue

Completed, best of luck

Crecy

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 22:40 - Jul 6 with 4489 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 18:24 - Jul 6 by lizzibee

I'll obviously sign it - just still bitter over the fog issue (obviously)

Great thanks v much
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 22:41 - Jul 6 with 4485 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 18:32 - Jul 6 by AJblue

Completed, best of luck

Brilliant, thanks much appreciated
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 23:12 - Jul 6 with 4415 viewstractordownsouth

I'm happy to help you, purely for the reason that I won't ever have to visit the Kassam again...

In all seriousness though, good luck.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 06:42 - Jul 7 with 4259 viewsCryforhelpOUFC

Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 23:12 - Jul 6 by tractordownsouth

I'm happy to help you, purely for the reason that I won't ever have to visit the Kassam again...

In all seriousness though, good luck.

Cheers, much appreciated
Please help support Oxford United’s new stadium bid on 09:06 - Jul 7 with 4066 viewsHciwspi

All done. No club should fold. Even “them”.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024