Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgotten kits 10:50 - Jul 1 with 1451 viewsGeoffSentence

On the subject of kits I have absolutely no recollection of us ever playing in this kit

I saw a picture of it this morning and it stirred no memories whatsoever.

Really can't remember it, even now haven seen the piccy.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Forgotten kits on 10:57 - Jul 1 with 1385 viewscatch74

Was that the last Fisons one 94/5? Pretty disastrous season, just checked Claus Thomsen top scorer with 5 goals - not many memorable moments.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Forgotten kits on 11:02 - Jul 1 with 1360 viewsghostofescobar

I really like that top, but like you can’t remember much about it. To be honest I can’t remember much about 94/95 in general, as that was getting into the height of my clubbing days, so every weekend (and some mid weeks) were a blissed out haze!

GhostOfEscobar

Forgotten kits on 11:02 - Jul 1 with 1358 viewsMattinLondon

Apart from the badge that’s one of my favourite ever home Town kits. Pity about the season that we wore it.

Might well be forgotten as we only wore it for one season - a two season lifespan was the norm.

When it was on sale the club stated quite heavily that it was only going to be used for one season as their contract with Umbro was up.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 11:05]
Forgotten kits on 11:38 - Jul 1 with 1280 viewsGeoffSentence

Forgotten kits on 11:02 - Jul 1 by MattinLondon

Apart from the badge that’s one of my favourite ever home Town kits. Pity about the season that we wore it.

Might well be forgotten as we only wore it for one season - a two season lifespan was the norm.

When it was on sale the club stated quite heavily that it was only going to be used for one season as their contract with Umbro was up.

I agree about the badge, without that big white blob around it that kit would be a good one.

I guess I can't remember it because that was a pretty dire season, presumably the kitwe wore in that game against manchester united.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Forgotten kits on 11:42 - Jul 1 with 1270 viewsgainsboroughblue

Only used for that awful 94/95 season so instantly forgettable. The last season we sported the old badge as well I think. The shirt itself is not dissimilar from the one we wore from 86-89.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Forgotten kits on 11:47 - Jul 1 with 1241 viewsStu_boy

That was my first ever town kit, 94/95? Season wore it to the notts forest game on the opening day when roy scored the only goal
Forgotten kits on 11:51 - Jul 1 with 1218 viewsAlanG296

I think there was a rumour that it was one umbro proposed for Everton but they rejected it. The white patch around the badge is exactly the shape and size as the patch behind the badge on the shirt that they did go for.
Forgotten kits on 11:52 - Jul 1 with 1214 viewsN17Blue

Anyone who was at Old Trafford that season will have very distinct memories of that shirt seared into their brain.

I seem to recall a few people at the time complaining it was the “wrong blue” and that it looked more like an Everton shirt.
Login to get fewer ads

Forgotten kits on 11:59 - Jul 1 with 1185 viewsredrickstuhaart

Forgotten kits on 11:52 - Jul 1 by N17Blue

Anyone who was at Old Trafford that season will have very distinct memories of that shirt seared into their brain.

I seem to recall a few people at the time complaining it was the “wrong blue” and that it looked more like an Everton shirt.

The red one that season was even better. Still have both. Wore the blue one playing 6 aside a couple of weeks back.
Forgotten kits on 12:39 - Jul 1 with 1096 viewsIllinoisblue

Forgotten kits on 11:02 - Jul 1 by MattinLondon

Yes, that ‘shield’ outline behind the badge is utterly horrendous.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Forgotten kits on 12:42 - Jul 1 with 1084 viewsSteve_M

Forgotten kits on 12:39 - Jul 1 by Illinoisblue

Yes, that ‘shield’ outline behind the badge is utterly horrendous.

The shorts were dreadful too, had blue running across them in some weird early-90s pattern.

A bad kit for a dreadful season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Forgotten kits on 13:14 - Jul 1 with 1017 viewsBoxerBlue

Beating Man Utd 3-2 at home the highlight of the season

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024