Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike O’Leary 22:19 - Jun 8 with 9126 viewsParky

Had a very nice brief chat with Mike O’Leary this evening, and wanted to say, he seems a very pleasant bloke.

I asked what his expectations for next season are, and he stated he just wants to see sustainable progress. He said that we won’t be making any “big money signings” and will try and be clever with our recruitment.

Him, Ashton and a few others were apparently meeting with a number of the US owners, he said “it’s too early” when asked if they were in town to greet a new signing.

I know there’s a few rumours going around today [about McKenna], so thought I’d share a positive encounter.
Mike O’Leary on 22:22 - Jun 8 with 6556 viewsKeno

But did you ask what his favourite cheese is?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mike O’Leary on 22:24 - Jun 8 with 6517 viewsFrimleyBlue

Did he say what he thinks of keno?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Mike O’Leary on 22:25 - Jun 8 with 6537 viewsberkstractorboy

Whats big money, is that 10M+? I hope we will make limited but quality signings and may need to spend £2-4M for that at a guess.

At least he didn't tell you we need to find a new manager first, but then he was never going to say that anyway.

Thanks for sharing
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 22:25]
Mike O’Leary on 22:31 - Jun 8 with 6468 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Clever beats big-money every single time.
Mike O’Leary on 22:34 - Jun 8 with 6458 viewsSitfcB

I reckon they were meeting Danny Cowley, putting plans in place for when McKenna leaves for Celtic or Leicester.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mike O’Leary on 22:56 - Jun 8 with 6294 viewsWallingford_Boy

Mike O’Leary on 22:34 - Jun 8 by SitfcB

I reckon they were meeting Danny Cowley, putting plans in place for when McKenna leaves for Celtic or Leicester.

Yes please!

RIP Sir Bobby

Mike O’Leary on 23:20 - Jun 8 with 6164 viewsPhilTWTD

I can't think of many less likely candidates!
Mike O’Leary on 23:32 - Jun 8 with 6089 viewsPinewoodblue

Mike O’Leary on 23:20 - Jun 8 by PhilTWTD

I can't think of many less likely candidates!

Keane, McCarthy, Hurst, Lambert!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Mike O’Leary on 00:02 - Jun 9 with 5977 viewsBlueBadger

Mike O’Leary on 23:32 - Jun 8 by Pinewoodblue

My standard Comedy Social Media answer to this question is 'you rmum' but I reckon that Mrs Ham is probably a more likely appointment than any of the above.

Bar, maybe Mick because Gamechanger clearly like competent managers. ;)

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mike O’Leary on 00:21 - Jun 9 with 5894 viewsN2_Blue

Mike O’Leary on 22:56 - Jun 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Yes please!

You really are a clueless bozo. Lose McKenna and you want Cowley, feck me I’d hate to watch a game with you or have you in the seat next to me

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Mike O’Leary on 05:41 - Jun 9 with 5692 viewsElephantintheRoom

Throwing £20 million in 2 years at getting out of division 3 is hardly sustainable - nor is double digit signings every year.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Mike O’Leary on 06:52 - Jun 9 with 5482 viewsBlueBoots

Despite what Ricky Gervais might say, there are some things you should never joke about...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Mike O’Leary on 07:06 - Jun 9 with 5411 viewsChurchman

Mike O’Leary on 05:41 - Jun 9 by ElephantintheRoom

Throwing £20 million in 2 years at getting out of division 3 is hardly sustainable - nor is double digit signings every year.

Is this £20m just transfer fees? Does it include wages? Are fees received for players who’ve left the club included in the calculation? Is the losing of their wages off the salary bill included? Since you’ve bandied around ‘£20 million in two years getting out of division three’ a breakdown would be appreciated.

Secondly, given the club was a byword for misery and mediocrity, shrivelling away with an inadequate L1 team, what would have been your alternative? Rely on youth players? Bring in other clubs’ leavings, pensioners and journeymen for nothing? Magic wand waving?

It’s really easy to just criticise. What would your constructive solution have been given the state Evans left this club in two years ago?
Mike O’Leary on 08:10 - Jun 9 with 5085 viewsdirtyboy

Here for an emergency meeting as McKenna off….?

That’s my thought…we get a tiny bit of success and the rug pulled from under us would be peak Ipswich.
Mike O’Leary on 08:23 - Jun 9 with 4967 viewsElephantintheRoom

Mike O’Leary on 07:06 - Jun 9 by Churchman

Is this £20m just transfer fees? Does it include wages? Are fees received for players who’ve left the club included in the calculation? Is the losing of their wages off the salary bill included? Since you’ve bandied around ‘£20 million in two years getting out of division three’ a breakdown would be appreciated.

Secondly, given the club was a byword for misery and mediocrity, shrivelling away with an inadequate L1 team, what would have been your alternative? Rely on youth players? Bring in other clubs’ leavings, pensioners and journeymen for nothing? Magic wand waving?

It’s really easy to just criticise. What would your constructive solution have been given the state Evans left this club in two years ago?

Simple maths if you can understand the 2x table.

£10million lost last year £10 million plus loss this year. Can you work it out now?

That’s not negative it’s the absurd reality of franchise football. I have no idea what ‘sustainable’ means in the mind of opportunists like O’Leary and I doubt he has either. He’s simply here to make money off the back of other people’s money.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Mike O’Leary on 08:27 - Jun 9 with 4939 viewsthe_toff

Show your workings please
Mike O’Leary on 08:34 - Jun 9 with 4860 viewsStewart27

You’ve got a real issue with the way we do business nowadays haven’t you?

Do you prefer the Marcus Evans school of economics?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 8:38]
Mike O’Leary on 08:37 - Jun 9 with 4837 viewsthe_toff

Mike O’Leary on 08:23 - Jun 9 by ElephantintheRoom

£10million lost last year £10 million plus loss this year. Can you work it out now?

That’s not negative it’s the absurd reality of franchise football. I have no idea what ‘sustainable’ means in the mind of opportunists like O’Leary and I doubt he has either. He’s simply here to make money off the back of other people’s money.

Operating losses are a very basic way of looking at investment.

Investing £20m over 2 years to get to a level that puts an additional £8m of revenue on your top line per year isn’t unsustainable. Not to mention the increase in the book value of our assets over that period thanks to the signings we’ve made.
Mike O’Leary on 08:41 - Jun 9 with 4795 viewsusm

Mike O’Leary on 23:32 - Jun 8 by Pinewoodblue

Allardyce
Megson
Evans

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Mike O’Leary on 08:43 - Jun 9 with 4774 viewsusm

Good morning to you too

Lovely day isnt it

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Mike O’Leary on 09:21 - Jun 9 with 4584 viewsKeno

While there may be an element of truth in what you say you also have to look at the bigger picture

Some of that money have been spent on developing infrastructure in a way that may enable the investors to improve long term cash and thus generate further future profits margins

You have to speculate to accumulate but the money they have already spent is hardly 'p1ssing up a wall' it have been essential basic development cost.

You also have to take into account are the socio economic benefits to the Town that having a successful team bring, and based on the model they have employed elsewhere they are obviously expecting that the money spent will be recouped in the future.

Other factors you have omitted to mentioned are the increased revenue gained by promotion, the potential revenue from extra events in the ground, the Duckworth lewis co-efficient, that the ground isnt big its just very near, and that once upon a time in galaxy far far away ...

Mike O’Leary on 09:44 - Jun 9 with 4412 viewsxrayspecs

Mike O’Leary on 22:25 - Jun 8 by berkstractorboy

Whats big money, is that 10M+? I hope we will make limited but quality signings and may need to spend £2-4M for that at a guess.

At least he didn't tell you we need to find a new manager first, but then he was never going to say that anyway.

Thanks for sharing
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 22:25]

It is interesting that the language has changed from targeting promotion from L1 to making steady progress.

I suspect we will continue to shop in the free market (we can offer decent wages) and the Davis/Broadhead/Clarke £1-2m shop, unless we sell players to raise additional funds.

We lost headline £13m in 2021/2 and suspect a similar if not higher amount last year, albeit perhaps around £4m does not count towards FFP. Our income will be circa £10m higher this coming season, mainly TV money, but even then we are not going to be able to go out and spend £4-5m on a player.

It was interesting that we offered Aluko a deal, I was not suspecting that, and with Luongo also offered terms, I suspect we are looking at 3-4 additional players at most (CB, CF and versatile forward). We may see much more focus on the likes of Camara, Ball, Edwards than we originally thought.
Mike O’Leary on 09:50 - Jun 9 with 4360 viewsKeno

Mike O’Leary on 09:44 - Jun 9 by xrayspecs

It is interesting that the language has changed from targeting promotion from L1 to making steady progress.

I suspect we will continue to shop in the free market (we can offer decent wages) and the Davis/Broadhead/Clarke £1-2m shop, unless we sell players to raise additional funds.

We lost headline £13m in 2021/2 and suspect a similar if not higher amount last year, albeit perhaps around £4m does not count towards FFP. Our income will be circa £10m higher this coming season, mainly TV money, but even then we are not going to be able to go out and spend £4-5m on a player.

It was interesting that we offered Aluko a deal, I was not suspecting that, and with Luongo also offered terms, I suspect we are looking at 3-4 additional players at most (CB, CF and versatile forward). We may see much more focus on the likes of Camara, Ball, Edwards than we originally thought.

also, and this may be stating the bleeding obvious he is hardly going to say "and yes we expect to be spend big money on loads of players'

firstly it would undermine the current squad and secondly it would immediately jack the price up in the eyes of any club we approach about players

Mike O’Leary on 09:53 - Jun 9 with 4337 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mike O’Leary on 09:50 - Jun 9 by Keno

also, and this may be stating the bleeding obvious he is hardly going to say "and yes we expect to be spend big money on loads of players'

firstly it would undermine the current squad and secondly it would immediately jack the price up in the eyes of any club we approach about players

This is where however we really do get to see what ambitions the owners have and if they can help fulfill all town fans dreams.

Just look at wigan on how it can look amazing one minute then the next all gone wrong when financial input doesn't equate to championship success.

Just hope they really really do have an understanding and an acknowledgment that to go further they have no choice but to spend a sht load of money to get out of this league.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Mike O’Leary on 09:55 - Jun 9 with 4315 viewsKeno

Mike O’Leary on 09:53 - Jun 9 by FrimleyBlue

This is where however we really do get to see what ambitions the owners have and if they can help fulfill all town fans dreams.

Just look at wigan on how it can look amazing one minute then the next all gone wrong when financial input doesn't equate to championship success.

Just hope they really really do have an understanding and an acknowledgment that to go further they have no choice but to spend a sht load of money to get out of this league.

"they have no choice but to spend a sht load of money to get out of this league"

is that true tho?

Look at Luton and Coventry have they a shtload?

I ask cos I dont know

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024