Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mizouni 18:59 - Jun 2 with 4279 viewsipswichtillidie

What kind of fee are we realistically expecting.. 1M region would be my guess given his suitors.
Also all those clubs linked,,, looks like we are trying to push the price up.

Had hoped we’d take a look at him again but seems unlikely.

Gav

Mizouni on 19:09 - Jun 2 with 3842 viewsHighgateBlue

I guess the best comparator may be Andre Dozzell, who was at a similar age when we sold him for the reported £1m. Not dissimilar role in a team. Dozzell played a few games for us in the Champ I guess, but hadn't earned a proper starting spot at that time, and in any event our team was not pulling up trees. He was a regular in his last season at Town, but was not a universal success. El Miz has been a huge success at Orient, but in the division below.

On the back of all of that, I suppose one might hope for £1m given that a couple of the sides said to be interested are in the Championship. But I can't see Plymouth paying £1m for him.

Our position is relevant to the fee. I guess we're far from desperate for the money, but it's surely known that we want to sell. We're not going to hold onto him for another year if we only get offered £750k rather than £1m.

In the end, it may depend how many firm bidders there are. If Watford and Plymouth are both interested, and a few make-weights, then maybe it might get up towards £1m, but I think given how far down the Town pecking order he is, we'd probably take £500k, and I'm not sure the fee will end up being more than that. If he rots in our reserves his value will hardly increase.
Mizouni on 19:26 - Jun 2 with 3762 viewsSheffordBlue

Mizouni on 19:09 - Jun 2 by HighgateBlue

I guess the best comparator may be Andre Dozzell, who was at a similar age when we sold him for the reported £1m. Not dissimilar role in a team. Dozzell played a few games for us in the Champ I guess, but hadn't earned a proper starting spot at that time, and in any event our team was not pulling up trees. He was a regular in his last season at Town, but was not a universal success. El Miz has been a huge success at Orient, but in the division below.

On the back of all of that, I suppose one might hope for £1m given that a couple of the sides said to be interested are in the Championship. But I can't see Plymouth paying £1m for him.

Our position is relevant to the fee. I guess we're far from desperate for the money, but it's surely known that we want to sell. We're not going to hold onto him for another year if we only get offered £750k rather than £1m.

In the end, it may depend how many firm bidders there are. If Watford and Plymouth are both interested, and a few make-weights, then maybe it might get up towards £1m, but I think given how far down the Town pecking order he is, we'd probably take £500k, and I'm not sure the fee will end up being more than that. If he rots in our reserves his value will hardly increase.

Sell on clauses probably as important as the initial fee if he has the potential that some seem to think he has

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Mizouni on 19:36 - Jun 2 with 3722 viewsipswichtillidie

Mizouni on 19:26 - Jun 2 by SheffordBlue

Sell on clauses probably as important as the initial fee if he has the potential that some seem to think he has

I agree. 20% plus sell on important here. Do think he will be a player we “trade” this summer. There are plenty of others too .. Miz, Evans, Ahdame , Harness, Jackson, Edwards (hope not) all whom we may get decent fees for this summer. Possible 2-4m in fees

Gav

Mizouni on 19:53 - Jun 2 with 3615 viewsburnbudgiesburn

You would be lucky to get 200-300k for a player with 1 year to go on his contract, figures like 1m from League 1 or SPL teams is fantasy land imo

As others mentioned, one of those where it's almost more important to get a tough sell on percentage to cover ourselves.

The more suitors the better tho.
Mizouni on 19:59 - Jun 2 with 3569 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Mizouni on 19:53 - Jun 2 by burnbudgiesburn

You would be lucky to get 200-300k for a player with 1 year to go on his contract, figures like 1m from League 1 or SPL teams is fantasy land imo

As others mentioned, one of those where it's almost more important to get a tough sell on percentage to cover ourselves.

The more suitors the better tho.

Technically 2 years as we ha e the option for the extra year.

But agree a million seems high to me, maybe with potential add ons if there is a sell on but even they will.vaey, promotion payments if he goes Watford, Wycombe or Rams, staying up payment if it's Playmouth maybe.

I've said before 500k plus a decent sell on strikes me as about right, at 750 plus that would be Ashton earning his keep again

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Mizouni on 20:07 - Jun 2 with 3525 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it definite that we will sell? It is clear some of the interested clubs would be looking to buy but would we possibly loan him out again?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mizouni on 20:26 - Jun 2 with 3440 viewsKropotkin123

The figures on here seem crazy to me.

1m, given his suitors?
- That's over 3 time Wycombe's record transfer.
- I don't think Derby have paid a club for a player since 2021. Correct me if I'm wrong!?
- Plymouth's record transfer is less than 1m
- Aberdeen haven't spent 1m since 1995
Makes no logical sense that any of them would spend 1m

Then consider he has had one good season in League 2
- Only 18 League 2 players have gone for 1m+.
- Only one of them have been sold to League 1 or Scottish Prem teams
- The names include the likes of Ollie Watkins and Jamie Vardy. You'd hope if we had a player like that on our wage bill, they'd be able to demonstrate they can play in our team at least as cover.

If we get $250k Ashton has done well.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Mizouni on 20:30 - Jun 2 with 3396 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mizouni on 20:26 - Jun 2 by Kropotkin123

1m, given his suitors?
- I don't think Derby have paid a club for a player since 2021. Correct me if I'm wrong!?

- The names include the likes of Ollie Watkins and Jamie Vardy. You'd hope if we had a player like that on our wage bill, they'd be able to demonstrate they can play in our team at least as cover.

If we are selling, I would expect that sort of fee with plenty of add-ons. It is also why I wonder if we are more likely to loan him out again.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Mizouni on 20:33 - Jun 2 with 3391 viewsCoastalblue

1m, given his suitors?

Agree, would think 250-400K tops.

He's a lad that's done nothing with the potential to be a lower league starter, in harsh terms.

I do actually like him and will be sad to see him go but that's the way suitors will be presenting their case.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Mizouni on 21:36 - Jun 2 with 3218 viewstractordownsouth

It'll be low six figures, 300k maximum. He's got 12 months left and has never been a regular anywhere above League Two.

I'll be disappointed if we sell though; a contract extension and another loan would be the best move. I can't see Evans, Ball and Camara being here past the end of next season and Morsy and Luongo are the wrong side of 30 so the pathway may be clearer by then.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Mizouni on 23:28 - Jun 2 with 2906 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Do you, perhaps, mean El Mizouni?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Mizouni on 23:56 - Jun 2 with 2863 viewsitfcsuth

If he was sold tomorrow it would be low six figures.

Personally wouldn’t sell. Would like him to have a really strong season in L1 somewhere and break into the core group of players the season after here.

Just 22 and could be the succession plan to a Morsy or Luongo who are both 30+
Mizouni on 08:36 - Jun 3 with 2542 viewsipswichtillidie

1m, given his suitors?

Done well mate. Good effort. We Will see what total novice guess you and me have produced is closer when he’s sold soon won’t we. My in the region was btw 750k-1.25m. Possibly that will be on the steep side you’re probably right. I was thinking along the line of. Young, championship clubs, high profile for age. Player of year. Selling club in strong position. Bidding war. All indications that the fee will be pushed upwards toward 7 figures. The clubs thrown in that you reference are for me merely pawns to push probably two clubs to pay more.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 8:38]

Gav

Mizouni on 08:45 - Jun 3 with 2499 viewsyorkshireblue

I’d personally keep him for next season and loan him out - as mention there is a club option so in reality he has two years left.

Plus, there is the chance that Morsy and Camará miss an extended period of time if they are involved in African Cup of Nations.
Mizouni on 08:48 - Jun 3 with 2491 viewsStokieBlue

Mizouni on 08:45 - Jun 3 by yorkshireblue

I’d personally keep him for next season and loan him out - as mention there is a club option so in reality he has two years left.

Plus, there is the chance that Morsy and Camará miss an extended period of time if they are involved in African Cup of Nations.

Can you loan him out and then recall him and add him to the squad in their place? I'm not sure you can so that doesn't really work as a reason to keep him.

Otherwise wouldn't a team have a squad of 35 and just keep changing who is registered?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mizouni on 08:58 - Jun 3 with 2466 viewstractorboy1978

I hope we make no rash decision and McKenna takes a proper look at him over pre-season. A loan to a L1 club where he will play week in, week out seems the best option to me.

Realistically the fee we would get this summer is chicken feed in the scheme of things and he's a player with the attributes to really kick on again in L1 and perhaps come back into our plans/go for a bigger fee next summer.
Mizouni on 08:59 - Jun 3 with 2464 viewsjayessess

Mizouni on 19:09 - Jun 2 by HighgateBlue

The alternative probably isn't rotting in our reserves but going on loan to a good League One club. He's got effectively 2 years left on his contract, so there's no real rush to sell.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Mizouni on 09:45 - Jun 3 with 2412 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Mizouni on 08:59 - Jun 3 by jayessess

The alternative probably isn't rotting in our reserves but going on loan to a good League One club. He's got effectively 2 years left on his contract, so there's no real rush to sell.

There isn’t and there has to be an argument that says we loan him to Derby and see where’s he at at this time next year. Looks a good player to me.
Mizouni on 10:02 - Jun 3 with 2344 viewsjayessess

Mizouni on 09:45 - Jun 3 by PrideOfTheEast

There isn’t and there has to be an argument that says we loan him to Derby and see where’s he at at this time next year. Looks a good player to me.

It's a risk/reward judgement, I suppose. Does really well on loan, his value increases, does not so well, value he has now disappears.

(But that's all assuming he isn't pushing for the exit door, which he might well be)

Mizouni on 12:03 - Jun 3 with 2180 viewsPhilTWTD

Mizouni on 21:36 - Jun 2 by tractordownsouth

It'll be low six figures, 300k maximum. He's got 12 months left and has never been a regular anywhere above League Two.

I'll be disappointed if we sell though; a contract extension and another loan would be the best move. I can't see Evans, Ball and Camara being here past the end of next season and Morsy and Luongo are the wrong side of 30 so the pathway may be clearer by then.

Think we'll want more than that. Effectively he has two years with the extension.
Mizouni on 12:04 - Jun 3 with 2175 viewsPhilTWTD

Mizouni on 08:48 - Jun 3 by StokieBlue

Can you loan him out and then recall him and add him to the squad in their place? I'm not sure you can so that doesn't really work as a reason to keep him.

Otherwise wouldn't a team have a squad of 35 and just keep changing who is registered?

SB

Could be recalled in January but would cause numbers issues going forward, as you say.
Mizouni on 12:18 - Jun 3 with 2112 viewsipswichtillidie

Mizouni on 08:58 - Jun 3 by tractorboy1978

I hope we make no rash decision and McKenna takes a proper look at him over pre-season. A loan to a L1 club where he will play week in, week out seems the best option to me.

Realistically the fee we would get this summer is chicken feed in the scheme of things and he's a player with the attributes to really kick on again in L1 and perhaps come back into our plans/go for a bigger fee next summer.

I don’t think close on to a million for someone who’s not in our plans is chicken feed tbh. Even if 500k-750k this still contributes towards a Broadhead type signing significantly. MA player trading!

Gav

Mizouni on 12:54 - Jun 3 with 2017 viewsjayessess

Mizouni on 12:18 - Jun 3 by ipswichtillidie

I don’t think close on to a million for someone who’s not in our plans is chicken feed tbh. Even if 500k-750k this still contributes towards a Broadhead type signing significantly. MA player trading!

If you think by "player trading" Ashton mainly means he going to fund our transfer activity by discarding unwanted players for small fees then I think some of our future business is going to be a real disappointment to you.

Why would we sell a 22 year old who’s just been named players player and manag on 13:32 - Jun 3 with 1932 viewsunstableblue

Player of the year

And by all accounts Orient fans think can play at a very high level

And has always done well in the limited time on the pitch for us and that was before a loan.

He was telling Orient fans at their end of season dinner he was expecting not to return there and head to Town for pre-season.

With Morsy and Luongo ageing and potentially significant more value to be gained from El Miz if he has game time in League One or Championship - just don’t see a sale until McKenna has run a rule over him in pre-season. And I expect El Miz to impress following his loan.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Mizouni on 13:40 - Jun 3 with 1907 viewstractorboy1978

Mizouni on 12:18 - Jun 3 by ipswichtillidie

There is no way it'll be close to a million quid if we sold him this summer.

Player trading isn't just about selling anyone not currently in your first team plans for the best offer you can get at the time. It involves having some longer term foresight, development plans for your young players and recognising when they reach their peak value. Some people may think El Miz has hit his peak point but I don't think there is much evidence for that considering the season he has just had.

If we were being linked with a 22 year old who was statistically one of the best midfielders in L2, got in L2 team of the season and was the type of profile that fitted our buy to develop strategy, we'd all be pretty excited about it!

I think some people need to look at where some of our current squad were when they were 22. Broadhead had just scored 2 goals in 19 games for Burton in L1. Morsy was playing in L2 for Chesterfield.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024