Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonson Clarke-Harris 11:11 - May 27 with 3153 viewsGavITFC

Just seen he's been put up for sale by pompey. I'd take him. Thoughts?
[Post edited 27 May 2023 11:13]
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 11:15 - May 27 with 3105 viewsipswichtillidie

Didn’t realise he’d already moved clubs. Question marks over work rate in our system and age perhaps. I’d rather us look elsewhere but the guy scores goals and wouldn’t be a terrible signing if kMc thought he could work with him. I’d be surprised if we went for him.

Gav

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 11:16 - May 27 with 3072 viewsMetal_Hacker

Are there two of em?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 11:30 - May 27 with 3036 viewsGavITFC

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 11:16 - May 27 by Metal_Hacker

Are there two of em?

By posh sorry my bad
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 11:35 - May 27 with 3013 viewsBigCommon

Think you mean Posh have him up for sale?
Imo, he's what we used to call a " goal hanger ". Can score goals if given the service. But does little else. When you look at the workrate of Hirst for instance, who is the type of forward that makes our team tick, with his movement ,closing down and chasing. I can't see how a player like JCH would get in our starting line up and improve the side. Hes a good striker, but the wrong kind of striker, imo.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 11:36 - May 27 with 3006 viewsThe_Realist_09

Not for me, goal scorer in and around the box for sure, but his all round game doesn't offer enough for me.

He was really really poor in the playoff second leg.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 12:29 - May 27 with 2833 viewsChrisd

He's certainly a goal scorer and has done it the the Championship previously in 2021-22 with 12 goals in 41 appearances, but I'm not sure he's got the player profile that KM wants. He's looking for players with a high work rate and mobility, that offers that high press; I'm not convinced JCH can do that. Big Common, I think you've called it exactly right!
[Post edited 27 May 2023 12:35]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 13:00 - May 27 with 2716 viewsbournemouthblue

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 12:29 - May 27 by Chrisd

He's certainly a goal scorer and has done it the the Championship previously in 2021-22 with 12 goals in 41 appearances, but I'm not sure he's got the player profile that KM wants. He's looking for players with a high work rate and mobility, that offers that high press; I'm not convinced JCH can do that. Big Common, I think you've called it exactly right!
[Post edited 27 May 2023 12:35]

He's a funny one, for me he's a League One slayer but not a top end Championship striker

He's got goals in him but looks a bit of a luxury player, his workrate off the all ball looks poor, he might get more goals than Ladapo but I'm not sure he would offer as much off the ball

Hirst once he grew into our system, would be more valuable across more games in my opinion and no doubt we will try and resign him

I expect us to go and get another striker too, we need a bit more depth and options for the Championship

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 13:50 - May 27 with 2580 viewsVegtablue

Agree with others and I'd go further. JCH would be Freddie's deputy. I don't want to knock either because they're top L1 marksmen - Freddie has outperformed JCH this season when playing time is considered, with Freddie in the 99 percentile and JCH in the 97 percentile. KMc brought in Hirst because he needed more mobility and interplay up top though, while Freddie is more mobile, more involved in general play than JCH. Crucially he also has a season of "McKenna ball" under his belt.

Re Championship seasons: JCH scored 12, a goal every 250 minutes and 5 of those were penalties. Freddie scored 9, a goal every 233 minutes with zero penalties. Both with mitigation as squads weren't good enough, but neither obvious candidates to be first choice leading the line. There will be one space in the squad for this type of striker IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 16:14 - May 27 with 2317 viewsipswichtillidie

Whilst JCH has been listed the real talent for me and players of interest should towards Mason-Clark and Poku. IMO they fit the profile we are looking for and the former looks a real player.

Gav

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 21:34 - May 27 with 2060 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m sure we’ve discussed this player what 3 if not 5 times. Not the right profile, not the right attributes for a KMcK side. He probably doesn’t have the right attitude either otherwise why hasn’t he been acquired by those higher up before now. Excellent in his current set up, change the variables not that sure.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 03:54 - May 28 with 1542 viewsWallingford_Boy

Awful,shout, exact opposite of a Kmc player.

RIP Sir Bobby

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 06:19 - May 28 with 1478 viewsBondiBlue

We surely wouldn't sign both him and hirst, so what you're asking is would i take him over hirst. No thanks.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Jonson Clarke-Harris on 11:30 - May 28 with 1227 viewsoldburian

Norwich supporters think he is on his way to Norfolk.
Jonson Clarke-Harris on 13:04 - May 28 with 1155 viewsCrockerITFC

Absolutely no. We don't want passengers and he does nothing all game apart from goal hang. Plus he's quite old now
[Post edited 28 May 2023 13:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024