Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) 16:44 - May 20 with 2702 viewsKeno

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 17:23 - May 20 with 2613 viewsgosblue

The full lyrics to the song are: 'We've got super Paul Simpson / He knows exactly what we need/ Feeney at the back / Dennis in attack / Carlisle's going up the Football League...'

Arsenal fans could ask us the same question about the Mik Arteta song.
Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 17:51 - May 20 with 2569 viewsDJR

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 17:23 - May 20 by gosblue

The full lyrics to the song are: 'We've got super Paul Simpson / He knows exactly what we need/ Feeney at the back / Dennis in attack / Carlisle's going up the Football League...'

We need to change our lyrics to "Ladapo on the bench".

To rhyme, maybe it could be "Morsy in a clench, Ladapo on the bench".
[Post edited 20 May 2023 17:52]
Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 17:54 - May 20 with 2547 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 17:23 - May 20 by gosblue

I’m not claiming we invented the song as we clearly didn’t but we sung that before arsenal did I believe.

My arsenal mate I lived with told me it the week it caught on at arsenal and we’d already sung it for McKenna a few weeks before that I think.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:03 - May 20 with 2503 viewsMetal_Hacker

Was thinking about these footy songs driving back from Nottingham today after seeing the old man bless him

This season most of the songs are about destination , getting promoted , The Championship etc ……WTF do the song about in The Prem ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:04 - May 20 with 2498 viewsgosblue

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 17:54 - May 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m not claiming we invented the song as we clearly didn’t but we sung that before arsenal did I believe.

My arsenal mate I lived with told me it the week it caught on at arsenal and we’d already sung it for McKenna a few weeks before that I think.

It would be fascinating to know where all our songs originated and who among our amazing supporters got them started for us. My favourite atm is Burns, Burns will tear you apart again. I know it’s a spin off from a Joy Division song but who got it started for Towen.
Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:07 - May 20 with 2479 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:04 - May 20 by gosblue

It would be fascinating to know where all our songs originated and who among our amazing supporters got them started for us. My favourite atm is Burns, Burns will tear you apart again. I know it’s a spin off from a Joy Division song but who got it started for Towen.

That one was originally adapted for Giggs I believe

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:08 - May 20 with 2470 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Heard it being sung by other fans too, it’s not original,but not sure who started it

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:12 - May 20 with 2452 viewsJeff_winger

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:04 - May 20 by gosblue

Nearly all town songs are a rehash of songs stolen from other teams and changed the names.
The burns song was sung by man utd fans years ago "giggs will tear you apart" .

Norwich have been singing "Teemu pukka baby" way before it was used for connor chaplin.

I imagine there are very few original songs anywhere in football.

Just about every club sings the mckenna song
[Post edited 20 May 2023 19:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:32 - May 20 with 2378 viewsFrimleyBlue

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:03 - May 20 by Metal_Hacker

Was thinking about these footy songs driving back from Nottingham today after seeing the old man bless him

This season most of the songs are about destination , getting promoted , The Championship etc ……WTF do the song about in The Prem ?

For us it'll be

"We re gonna win the Premier league.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:55 - May 20 with 2332 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:32 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

For us it'll be

"We re gonna win the Premier league.

"We're gonna win the Champions' League".

There, corrected that for you.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 19:04 - May 20 with 2319 viewsKeno

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:12 - May 20 by Jeff_winger

Nearly all town songs are a rehash of songs stolen from other teams and changed the names.

Norwich have been singing "Teemu pukka baby" way before it was used for connor chaplin.

Apart from Edward Ebenezer Jeremiah Brown

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 02:52 - May 21 with 1992 viewsBigCommon

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:07 - May 20 by BlueyandCrazy

That one was originally adapted for Giggs I believe

Definitely Giggsy's song from the 90's... There's a Manchester connection with Joy Division, too.
Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 08:41 - May 21 with 1790 viewstractordownsouth

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 17:54 - May 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I think Leeds were the first to do it with Bielsa.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 08:43 - May 21 with 1773 viewstractordownsouth

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 18:12 - May 20 by Jeff_winger

I think we were the first to do the Tequila/Celina song.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 08:55 - May 21 with 1732 viewsmason76

Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 08:43 - May 21 by tractordownsouth

I think we were the first to do the Tequila/Celina song.

I’m sure I heard some other fans singing ‘hark now hear’ this weekend. I thought that was one of ours
Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 09:20 - May 21 with 1709 viewsJon_456

Your Arsenal mate must have been a bit behind as they were definitely singing it before we were
Why are the Carlisle fans singing the McKenna song? (n/t) on 10:32 - May 21 with 1653 viewsmoscow2000

Chelsea fans were singing that as they went on to win the champions league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024