Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KoA/EADT 13:27 - May 14 with 8979 viewsSkip_Intro

How many of you have paid for a subscription to access their content?
BTW I am not looking to rake up the debate on whether or not the EADT should have introduced the paywall - that has been done to death

I'm just curious as to a) how many on here have paid (using the £3 for 3 months offer) and b) how many will continue to pay once it costs £7.99 per month after the introductory offer ends.

Personally I haven't subscribed but would consider if for £1.99 a month just for the football content like that lot up the road can. I refuse to pay to access the 'news' content.
KoA/EADT on 08:19 - May 15 with 1759 viewsGlasgowBlue

I was going to a couple of weeks ago and then thought it would be pretty pointless to do so with 12 weeks of no football coming up.

I also tend to listen to KOA in the car through iTunes, so access to the pod in video form is a waste of time .

Will probably sign up closer to the start of the season.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 8:21]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

KoA/EADT on 08:30 - May 15 with 1728 viewstrncbluearmy

Until the fans of the best supported club in East Anglia get the same deal as the scum for sports content not touching with a bargepole
Pity cos Stu and Andy are excellent, being let down by the archant lookalikes newsquest
KoA/EADT on 09:14 - May 15 with 1677 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No, and not going to. I have enough important standing orders/DDs going out without adding this unimportant one during a cost of living crisis.

Better journalism would equal more clicks and then more ad revenue. They should be jumping on the coat tails of the rising football team and investing in a better product themselves. I can only see this subscription idea killing the paper off eventually. Shortsighted, IMO.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

KoA/EADT on 09:27 - May 15 with 1663 viewsJDB23

KoA/EADT on 08:19 - May 15 by GlasgowBlue

I was going to a couple of weeks ago and then thought it would be pretty pointless to do so with 12 weeks of no football coming up.

I also tend to listen to KOA in the car through iTunes, so access to the pod in video form is a waste of time .

Will probably sign up closer to the start of the season.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 8:21]

Rarely went on the EADT even when it was free due to being practically unusable on mobile, is this still the case after they're moved to subscription?
KoA/EADT on 09:33 - May 15 with 1642 viewsKieran_Knows

KoA/EADT on 17:39 - May 14 by chicoazul

I’ve tried a few times to listen to the KoA podcast and it is unlistenable. Blue Monday is much better.
Here is something everyone who does podcasts needs to remember; every episode is someone’s first episode. That’s a lesson from comics.

If the KOA podcast was just Watson and Warren, it would be fine. Mark Heath makes me turn it off every time just hearing his voice. He tries to hard to be quirky, and he just spouts rubbish.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

KoA/EADT on 09:40 - May 15 with 1633 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Can't believe people are quibbling over £7.99 a month. It's less than a couple of pints. Stu and Andy are actually really good at what they do (as is Phil I should add at this point) and there's the risk that we end up losing this and ending up with clickbait nonsense from Twitter instead. For less than what I pay for a bottle of wine, I'm quite happy to pay to receive quality, insightful journalism on a subject that interests me greatly.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

KoA/EADT on 09:45 - May 15 with 1618 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

KoA/EADT on 09:40 - May 15 by ThatMuhrenCross

Can't believe people are quibbling over £7.99 a month. It's less than a couple of pints. Stu and Andy are actually really good at what they do (as is Phil I should add at this point) and there's the risk that we end up losing this and ending up with clickbait nonsense from Twitter instead. For less than what I pay for a bottle of wine, I'm quite happy to pay to receive quality, insightful journalism on a subject that interests me greatly.

Don't know if you've noticed but people are having to tighten their belts at the moment.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

KoA/EADT on 09:58 - May 15 with 1603 viewsDJR

KoA/EADT on 09:33 - May 15 by Kieran_Knows

If the KOA podcast was just Watson and Warren, it would be fine. Mark Heath makes me turn it off every time just hearing his voice. He tries to hard to be quirky, and he just spouts rubbish.

Strange how opinions vary, but I think Mark Heath is great and adds both humour and bite to the podcasts.
Login to get fewer ads

KoA/EADT on 10:10 - May 15 with 1570 viewsGlasgowBlue

I miss Mike Bacon. He was gold.

KOA is great from the point of view of listening to local journalists. It’s their job to be clued up about the club and it’s always informative.

From a fans point of view, you can’t beat Blue Monday. Well presented knowledgeable contributors and very good sound quality. I think the two podcasts compliment each other well.

KOA fans Fans Social can be a bit hit or miss, depending on who Rosco has on.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

KoA/EADT on 10:16 - May 15 with 1547 viewsDanTheMan

Like many others, I'm not paying 8 quid a month (or constantly waiting for offers) just to get football news which I mostly get off TWTD anyway. If they did a trimmed-down version I'd be up for it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

KoA/EADT on 11:16 - May 15 with 1472 viewsJackNorthStand

KoA/EADT on 07:55 - May 15 by DJR

But it just wouldn't have the same impact or authenticity, because they wouldn't be able to speak their mind.

Don't forget Stuart Watson wrote an article, and KOA did a podcast, about where things were going wrong shortly after the Bristol Rovers game. They wouldn't be allowed to do that if they were working for the club.

Yeah you’re not wrong. But in a perfect world it would be great if we could get all Ipswich content both subjective and not in one place.
KoA/EADT on 12:23 - May 15 with 1411 viewsSwoody

I don't understand why they did not just keep the Town stuff seperate and then monitise from YouTube where I watched them.

A large amount of Ipswich supporters do not live in the local area and have no interest in the local news.

The only winners are here are the likes of Blue Monday and other town You Tubers it would be very sad to lose the KOA crew altogether.
KoA/EADT on 12:23 - May 15 with 1411 viewsclive_baker

KoA/EADT on 09:40 - May 15 by ThatMuhrenCross

While that's a little tone deaf given the cost of living at the moment and at a time when people are tightening their belts, I think it's about value as much as the absolute price. Do I want to pay £100 a year to read some fairly average content about bin fires in Needham Market, or ITFC Podcasts when there are better, cheaper, even free alternatives out there?

Not even tempted tbh.

The other point is the hardest thing to do is change consumer behaviors. There's a lot of people, myself included, that just wont pay for online content. I understand all the rationale for it, but frankly we're not used to it, we've become well accustomed to not having to, and that's a very difficult thing to change.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 12:25]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

KoA/EADT on 12:43 - May 15 with 1360 viewsemergencylime

I have got the 3 months offer to get their take on the summer comings and goings, but - like others said - i seldom access the non-sport content, so would only renew if similar offers crop up in the future.
I guess Newsquest took over Archant with the aim of generating revenue streams to replace dearth of ad revenue that led to the “hunt for the story content” that the EADT website had become.
Be interesting to see what Town TV offers, or whatever the iFollow replacement ends up being - i think that’s expired now hasn’t it?
Also, another shout out for Twtd keeping the auto-play videos and clickbait to a tolerable level considering they don’t charge us anything. Definitely worth opening a few ads in the background here and there if it helps the site out.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

KoA/EADT on 16:46 - May 15 with 1247 viewsBonchosBicycle

I miss Bacon actually. Andy and Stu are the main attraction but the Porc de la Porc / the Big Porkarino was growing on me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024