Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ooops. 10:05 - May 13 with 1455 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

To lose one ballot paper is unfortunate. To lose more than 800 looks like carelessness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-65570851

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Ooops. on 10:07 - May 13 with 1419 viewsKeno

surely if the tories had any integrity they would stand down and call another election.... oh

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ooops. on 10:17 - May 13 with 1373 viewsEdwardStone

Not an ideal situation.

I always thought the local Returning Officers were a bastion of honesty and decency when I was slightly involved in politics.

Before the election, the ballot boxes were always sealed, numbered and it was carefully recorded which polling station they had been delivered to.

At the count, the staff were always meticulous in recording the boxes as they were emptied and the votes counted.... it seems very remiss that they wouldn't have noticed any ballot boxes missing.

Null Points for that ERO....
[Post edited 13 May 2023 12:38]
Ooops. on 10:41 - May 13 with 1325 viewsbournemouthblue

Ooops. on 10:17 - May 13 by EdwardStone

Not an ideal situation.

I always thought the local Returning Officers were a bastion of honesty and decency when I was slightly involved in politics.

Before the election, the ballot boxes were always sealed, numbered and it was carefully recorded which polling station they had been delivered to.

At the count, the staff were always meticulous in recording the boxes as they were emptied and the votes counted.... it seems very remiss that they wouldn't have noticed any ballot boxes missing.

Null Points for that ERO....
[Post edited 13 May 2023 12:38]

All the focus on voter ID which no one was really calling for and then something like this happens and will be blown over very quickly

It doesn't surprise me that this sort of incompetence can occur though

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ooops. on 10:48 - May 13 with 1315 viewsDJR

This is much worse, but hasn't really got much coverage.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-crime-commissioner-triggered-two-police-investig
Ooops. on 10:49 - May 13 with 1311 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shocked to see two Tory counsellors declared. Shocked I tell ya.

Mind you, it’s Lincolnshire so they were always going to have control. Funny bunch up there. You’d like to think the electoral commission would insist those votes were counted as part of an investigation, just to look for/rule out a suspicious pattern. I’m not holding my breath though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ooops. on 10:54 - May 13 with 1279 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ooops. on 10:48 - May 13 by DJR

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-crime-commissioner-triggered-two-police-investig

Yes, I saw that yesterday. Truly grim that we have stuff like this going on. Again I’d be surprised if anything came of it. If he was a youngster concerned about the future of the planet for us all, he’d be locked up already.

Ooops. on 11:01 - May 13 with 1249 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ooops. on 10:48 - May 13 by DJR

And to follow up with yet another example of an attack on our democracy, presumably you’ve seen all the stuff about the government using secondary powers to try and bypass the scrutiny of our elected MPs? Not for the first time the executive have tried to bypass parliament of course, but I think it’s a first for this tactic.

Hoyle actually showed some teeth over it for once (this is the clip that seems to have traction, but it’s the reporting of the details that should have higher prominence).

Ooops. on 11:01 - May 13 with 1245 viewsDJR

Ooops. on 10:54 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, I saw that yesterday. Truly grim that we have stuff like this going on. Again I’d be surprised if anything came of it. If he was a youngster concerned about the future of the planet for us all, he’d be locked up already.

The interesting thing was that Sam Coates seemed to be playing down its seriousness in his after-report interview, but to me it represents a clear abuse of power which must surely be condemned by all right-thinking people.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 11:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Ooops. on 11:09 - May 13 with 1199 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ooops. on 11:01 - May 13 by DJR

The interesting thing was that Sam Coates seemed to be playing down its seriousness in his after-report interview, but to me it represents a clear abuse of power which must surely be condemned by all right-thinking people.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 11:09]

Thoroughly investigated at the very least. It looks and smells of using his position to intimidate doesn’t it? Maybe there’s a lot more to it, but it doesn’t look good on the face of it.

Ooops. on 15:50 - May 13 with 977 viewsBlueBadger

Ooops. on 10:41 - May 13 by bournemouthblue

All the focus on voter ID which no one was really calling for and then something like this happens and will be blown over very quickly

It doesn't surprise me that this sort of incompetence can occur though

It's almost like it wasn't about excluding fraud and actually about excluding young, poor and non-white voters instead.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 15:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ooops. on 16:06 - May 13 with 945 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

1880 votes were successfully counted giving a turnout of 30.4%

Actual turnout (including the missing votes) was 44%.

So 864 missing votes is 14% of the electorate and 31% of the votes cast.

I keep imagining those percentages applied to any other election.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Ooops. on 22:00 - May 13 with 788 viewsHARRY10

Meanwhile, the latest poll (10-12 May, Opinium) has
Lab 43
Con29
Lib11
Gre 5
GE Lab 400, Tory 174
Which merely underlines the stupidity that was in projecting local council elections onto General Election figures, as the Libdems see their percentage share halved and the Greens lose 30% of their rating.

Those figures are within the range of long term polls, which have seen the two main parties steady at around a 15 point gap

Though, a handful of nutjobs are doing their best today to push up the Labour vote as they peddle the idea that what is needed is more failure, incompetence and sleaze. That in three by elections the bloater oversaw three of the highest swings against the Tories in safe Tory seats is down to..... err.... a 'stab in the back'. Just as over 60 Tory MPs resigning to boot him out. That the bloater polled the lowest EVER favourable percentage for a PM when he waddled out of number 10 appears to have escaped the notice of these fruitcakes.

And as a warm up (elsewhere in town) Fartrage was stripping off to the accompaniment of Far Right Said Fred, with the ever 'onest 'readies' Redknapp leering along. All that was needed was Widecombe performing the dance of the 7 veils to complete this freak show.

While a good few will take delight in witnessing the spectacle of bigot kicking lumps out of bigot, there is the no small matter of the damage these incompetents are doing to the country. Noticeable that when Jug Ears took his horse and cart out the other day, the unfilled potholes had to be temporarily filled with sand. Yet another rail company has had their licence revoked due to gross failure, and the bloater's lie about new hospitals is yet again shown as nothing more than another blatant lie.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/may/13/patient-safety-at-risk-in-crumbl

Three and a half years after the bloater made the claim about 40 new hospitals, only 10 have planning permission and none have seen even a spade put to soil.

The work needed to begin to redress the mess that will be left after 13 years of austerity, gross mismanagement and constant failure will be huge.

How were so many so easily fooled ?
[Post edited 13 May 2023 22:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024