Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? 20:29 - May 8 with 2326 viewsPippin1970

Brentford and Brighton.recruited quite a few abroad in Championship. Before getting promoted etc.
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 20:32 - May 8 with 2297 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

No idea but isn't it much harder to get a work permit now thanks to the B word?

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 20:34 - May 8 with 2270 viewsxrayspecs

Pretty sure we were UK focussed up to now as we would struggle to attract players who would quality for work permits. I suspect you are correct that we will have broader options now we are in the Champ.
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 20:59 - May 8 with 2152 viewsScuzzer

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 20:32 - May 8 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Nope.

Established 1968

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:00 - May 8 with 2157 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Think Ashton said its limited as its difficult to get players that that qualify in L1 but that it would expand as tbe club progresses.

The Ashton Dashboard will have names though no doubt.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:01 - May 8 with 2136 viewsKeno

I’m sure we are beavering away like a lot of cubs, using the knowledge of local guides in looking a ranger option
[Post edited 8 May 2023 21:15]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:06 - May 8 with 2115 viewsWeWereZombies

Was thinking along those lines when I watched the highlights of the Celtic game yesterday, Postecoglou has really struck gold with his Japanese and Korean recruits. There is also the matter of gaining overseas support (as with Elkan Baggott) to consider. Seems win/win if players of sufficient standing in terms of international caps can be found at the right price.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:07 - May 8 with 2100 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 20:59 - May 8 by Scuzzer

Nope.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/3554783/2022/09/06/brexit-transfers

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:09 - May 8 with 2090 viewsHorsham

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 20:32 - May 8 by SlippinJimmyJuan

There’s a potential rule change coming in that will make overseas recruitment easier, also to bear in mind we’ll be generally shopping at a higher level so that may help also. I’d be pretty confident Ashton and the recruitment guys will be across all the opportunities. I’d be tempted to go easy on the overseas recruiting though…fundamentally our domestic recruiting has been very successful and it might be risky to bust that model too radically.
Login to get fewer ads

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:23 - May 8 with 1942 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:09 - May 8 by Horsham

There’s a potential rule change coming in that will make overseas recruitment easier, also to bear in mind we’ll be generally shopping at a higher level so that may help also. I’d be pretty confident Ashton and the recruitment guys will be across all the opportunities. I’d be tempted to go easy on the overseas recruiting though…fundamentally our domestic recruiting has been very successful and it might be risky to bust that model too radically.

Have you got any other info on that as I haven't been able to find anything? I presume that they will need to add more recruitment staff if they want to branch out, but maybe that's an old fashioned way of thinking of it. Who knows, maybe we can unearth another Tommy Oar, Bálint Bajner or Pim Balkestein...

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:27 - May 8 with 1924 viewsSheffordBlue

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:23 - May 8 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Have you got any other info on that as I haven't been able to find anything? I presume that they will need to add more recruitment staff if they want to branch out, but maybe that's an old fashioned way of thinking of it. Who knows, maybe we can unearth another Tommy Oar, Bálint Bajner or Pim Balkestein...

There were adverstising for a couple of technical recruitment analysts at the back end of last year that I guess must be filled now.

They'll use data and video to short list potential signings before someone has a look.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:50 - May 8 with 1828 viewsJamestownPrince

I can see why we bought Balkenstein, he wasn't the worst player we have ever had, and his old man was good enough to play for the national team.
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:59 - May 8 with 1790 viewsHorsham

Simple answer is I don’t have any further information!

I think with the likes of Pim and Brekke-Skaard et al there was a big element of paying peanuts and getting donkeys and now we don’t pay peanuts anymore who knows.
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 22:09 - May 8 with 1750 viewsHighgateBlue

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:07 - May 8 by SlippinJimmyJuan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/3554783/2022/09/06/brexit-transfers

Yes yes, but Brexiteers are entitled to their own facts.
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 22:15 - May 8 with 1719 viewsDaninthecampo

With Mckenna's seemingly good knowledge of the youth players in the UK you'd expect him to be aware of good players in Europe too.
Its about time we found another gem from the Netherlands!
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 22:18 - May 8 with 1689 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Imagine Pert’s contacts will be a treasure trov? Maybe that’s who he’s always in the phone to during games?
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 07:07 - May 9 with 1313 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 21:50 - May 8 by JamestownPrince

I can see why we bought Balkenstein, he wasn't the worst player we have ever had, and his old man was good enough to play for the national team.

I actually felt a bit bad throwing him in there as I always had a soft spot for him and his name is incredible! I remember seeing him clear the ball with a low drive from his left foot and the ball hitting an advertising board like a bullet. The sound of that thing, oof.

Bajner is just a comedy figure, but that Tommy Oar transfer has always rubbed me the wrong way. Aussie who had spent five years in Holland yet miraculously felt homesick for the land down under the moment he set foot in England. He got to play at Old Trafford for us too!

Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 08:03 - May 9 with 1217 viewsRobTheMonk

You mean to say that we could have some Dutch wizards back in the team?
Whats Ipswich scouting like abroad ? on 12:06 - May 9 with 985 viewsBluespeed225

Dunno about the scouts, but the Guides had a helluva time Amsterdam!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024