Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Evans appreciation 15:12 - May 2 with 1259 viewsJDB23

Seen a few appreciation threads over the past few weeks but felt like it was worth highlighting Evans. Obviously he hasn't played much second half of the season and is a bit of a forgotten man especially with Luongo being such a revelation, but you could make a case for Evans being the best player in the league in the first 2/3 months of the season.

He was a stat leader in a number of metrics and his form obviously helped us get good points on board early, who knows if we'd have gone up without him being at that level. Probably one who might move on in the Summer now so wanted to give him a shoutout and was good to see him in the celebrations.
Lee Evans appreciation on 15:21 - May 2 with 1210 viewspositivity

mckenna said as much about the importance of the early season points, evans was a massive part of that and his unavailability definitely led to a downturn (until luongo's emergence).

think we will keep him (if he's accepting of being a back-up), decent championship performer, and there'll be question marks over luongo's fitness and morsy's suspensions meaning we need quality back-up. think humphreys is more likely to go out on loan instead

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Lee Evans appreciation on 15:38 - May 2 with 1128 viewsdirtyboy

Lee Evans appreciation on 15:21 - May 2 by positivity

mckenna said as much about the importance of the early season points, evans was a massive part of that and his unavailability definitely led to a downturn (until luongo's emergence).

think we will keep him (if he's accepting of being a back-up), decent championship performer, and there'll be question marks over luongo's fitness and morsy's suspensions meaning we need quality back-up. think humphreys is more likely to go out on loan instead

Glad someone posted this, we had a downturn when he started having issues around December(?) and was in superb form before that.

Experienced in Championship football, bought for that reason, I'd be surprised to see him leave, also offers something different if needed to Mass and Sam if needed.

I wouldn't move him on.
Lee Evans appreciation on 17:25 - May 2 with 1012 viewsNthQldITFC

He still sits third in sofascore's ratings for the division, sandwiched between (Davis and Chappers) and made their team of the week four times in his 23 games.

He's big and strong enough, can he play a more advanced Luongo type role or is he more suited to sitting deeper and spraying passes around? A good alternative option to two monsters in the middle for certain games perhaps?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Lee Evans appreciation on 17:27 - May 2 with 996 viewsSamWhiteUK

Lee Evans appreciation on 17:25 - May 2 by NthQldITFC

He still sits third in sofascore's ratings for the division, sandwiched between (Davis and Chappers) and made their team of the week four times in his 23 games.

He's big and strong enough, can he play a more advanced Luongo type role or is he more suited to sitting deeper and spraying passes around? A good alternative option to two monsters in the middle for certain games perhaps?

I'd take those ratings with a pinch of salt - Morsy is 25th!
Lee Evans appreciation on 17:33 - May 2 with 977 viewsNthQldITFC

Lee Evans appreciation on 17:27 - May 2 by SamWhiteUK

I'd take those ratings with a pinch of salt - Morsy is 25th!

Fair point. And Betty Bannon is first!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Lee Evans appreciation on 17:33 - May 2 with 977 viewsfranz_tyson

I like him and his range of passing is very good... but... I think a player like Luongo showed we really need someone who's a bit more energetic and can drive us forward. I think Evans is a bit sluggish and can slow us down. It just seemed that both Luongo and Morsy were more mobile and could stamp their authority on the midfield more and push us forward. I think Evans will leave as he seems a bit injury-prone and we need someone a bit more dynamic. Sad to say that, though.
Lee Evans appreciation on 17:51 - May 2 with 940 viewsSteve_M

He did start the season well but I think you overstate his form, he had dropped off a bit well before he got injured against Derby. We had got a bit lazy in our play too, going back to him for the diagonal ball into the box far too often, and slowing things down as a result.

He was pretty good against Oxford on Boxing Day, as was Harness, but was poor after that. Him and Morsy being slow in possession was a major reason for our drop off in away form after Christmas - Lincoln, Oxford and Cambridge stand out there.

Six weeks of good form is a poor return for two years here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lee Evans appreciation on 17:56 - May 2 with 928 viewsBigCommon

Definitely played his part.
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Evans appreciation on 18:34 - May 2 with 859 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I have a bit of a problem with some of these stats to be honest. Anything that suggests he’s better than Morsy can’t be taken seriously in my book.

I wasn’t sold on him last season. Lots of eye catching long passes but very few that actually led to anything, probably because he tends to play cross field balls rather than defence splitting ones. Also felt like a bit of a flat track bully. Looked good against weaker opponents but coming up short against stronger ones.

He made me eat my words at the start of the season and he played really well. So the OP is right to highlight his contribution, but then he got injured (again) and he was not the same player again. He got a further injury and it was season over.

The injuries are why we should look elsewhere. In the last 5 seasons he’s played about 50% of the time.

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024