Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead's Missed Penalty 11:52 - Apr 26 with 1743 viewsEdwardStone

Even though some were disappointed he didn't score, I was quite happy that their keeper made the save

It gave Barnsley a scintilla of hope on an otherwise gloomy night for them.... hope that turned out to be very misplaced

Cheery Chappie Connor Chaplin's Cheeky Chip actually fully deflated the Tykes and made the match beyond them

It reminded me of a cat playing with a mouse...prolonging the chance of salvation only to go for the kill at a later time
Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 1670 viewsDeano69

Definitely with hindsight, but at the time I felt a pang of dread. Not sure why, the lads were fantastic and totally in control.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 11:55 - Apr 26 with 1671 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Watching it from the stand at the time I didn’t think it was a penalty and having watched the highlights it’s not really changed my view on it, but the Barnsley players didn’t seem to protest.

There is a coming together, I Just thought it looked a bit of a soft decision and we’d be fuming and picking it apart if it was given the other way
Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 11:58 - Apr 26 with 1638 viewsDeano69

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 11:55 - Apr 26 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Watching it from the stand at the time I didn’t think it was a penalty and having watched the highlights it’s not really changed my view on it, but the Barnsley players didn’t seem to protest.

There is a coming together, I Just thought it looked a bit of a soft decision and we’d be fuming and picking it apart if it was given the other way

that was our view too. sort of justice in a way, but doesnt change the outcome

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 1623 viewsjp_itfc

Thought we dealt with the penalty miss really well. It can wake the crowd and I expected a period of dominance from them, but if never occurred. Thoroughly professional performance.
Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 1619 viewshomer_123

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 11:55 - Apr 26 by Deano69

Definitely with hindsight, but at the time I felt a pang of dread. Not sure why, the lads were fantastic and totally in control.

They carried on regardless.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 11:59 - Apr 26 with 1605 viewsDaninthecampo

I think it was given for the 2nd defenders tackle but the ball was long gone from Burns by then. I was surprised when it was given.
Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 12:02 - Apr 26 with 1562 viewsMookamoo

Glad he missed that one and not Port Vale one.
Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 12:15 - Apr 26 with 1506 viewsVegtablue

Yeah didn't look one but I thought the ref would give it. Rather than our angle he was ten yards+ behind the action, can see the Barnsley player running across Burns' path and he isn't able to make a play on the ball - instead Wes comes down.
Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 12:25 - Apr 26 with 1391 viewsSomethingBlue

The five minutes after that were absolutely crucial in terms of keeping our grip on the game — we barely gave them a kick in that time, it was really impressive.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 12:31 - Apr 26 with 1353 viewsBigCommon

Really soft penalty decision.... But the pass from Chaplin was a little piece of magic.... The save could have been a real turning point. But the boys handled it magnificently .
Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 12:34 - Apr 26 with 1324 viewsSaleAway

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 12:25 - Apr 26 by SomethingBlue

The five minutes after that were absolutely crucial in terms of keeping our grip on the game — we barely gave them a kick in that time, it was really impressive.

thought the crowd were immense there too, we didn't get downhearted, straight into a "2-nil to the tractor boys", and kept up with noise.... don't think anyone's heads went down at all

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 12:40 - Apr 26 with 1266 viewsclive_baker

In hindsight it's another learning opportunity, we dealt with it well. There's the danger that missing a penalty is worse than getting one at all both in terms of how we react and that it might spur them on. We immediately won a free kick on the left hand side and didn't give them a chance to get their tails up. As it was it wound the clock down a few minutes and didn't change the direction of the game.

Soft penalty though, just looked a coming together and didn't see much in that to warrant the decision. Very League 1 officiating on the whole, thought the booking against Hirst was beyond soft. He let a couple of very similar challenges go unpunished later, the standard of reffing at this level is so inconsistent. I know their bench wasn't happy with him but, penalty aside, I thought he was just pretty pants generally.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 13:19 - Apr 26 with 1094 viewsVaughan8

" I was quite happy that their keeper made the save"

Eh? Because it was a soft penalty?
Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 13:45 - Apr 26 with 934 viewsEdwardStone

Broadhead's Missed Penalty on 13:19 - Apr 26 by Vaughan8

" I was quite happy that their keeper made the save"

Eh? Because it was a soft penalty?

Because it prolonged their hope... they still felt like they might just get someting from the game

And then Chaplin's fine goal crushed them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024