Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ifollow from barcelona 19:25 - Apr 23 with 1250 viewsTractorgirlforever

Unfortunately next saturday i will be in barcelona, going to see barca v real betis, would much rather be down at portman road but is it right that you can actually watch matches on ifollow on a saturday if you are watching from abroad?
Ifollow from barcelona on 19:31 - Apr 23 with 1205 viewsearlsgreenblue

You are correct, just sign in to ifollow, make sure you don’t have a vpn connected, their server needs to see you are not in the UK..
Ifollow from barcelona on 19:34 - Apr 23 with 1195 viewsblueasfook

Enjoy. I was in Barcelona in March and saw Barcelona v Valencia.

Nou Camp is an amazing stadium and atmosphere. Would also recommend a bike tour of the city. Really enjoyed that.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ifollow from barcelona on 19:52 - Apr 23 with 1137 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ifollow from barcelona on 19:34 - Apr 23 by blueasfook

Enjoy. I was in Barcelona in March and saw Barcelona v Valencia.

Nou Camp is an amazing stadium and atmosphere. Would also recommend a bike tour of the city. Really enjoyed that.

Thanks for that, bike tour sounds amazing. My main reason for the trip is to see bruce springsteen at the olympic stadium but thought it would be good to take in a football game while im there. My thoughts will all be on our game tho.
Ifollow from barcelona on 19:54 - Apr 23 with 1128 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ifollow from barcelona on 19:31 - Apr 23 by earlsgreenblue

You are correct, just sign in to ifollow, make sure you don’t have a vpn connected, their server needs to see you are not in the UK..

Thanks for that. At least i will get to watch the game then🙂
Ifollow from barcelona on 20:08 - Apr 23 with 1111 viewsDaninthecampo

If you're using your UK mobile data it will probably think you're still in the UK, so log onto a local wifi
Ifollow from barcelona on 20:13 - Apr 23 with 1086 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ifollow from barcelona on 20:08 - Apr 23 by Daninthecampo

If you're using your UK mobile data it will probably think you're still in the UK, so log onto a local wifi

If i buy a data bundle that allows me to use my phone abroad will it work?. If not i will have to try and be somewhere with wifi.
Ifollow from barcelona on 20:20 - Apr 23 with 1065 viewsBarcaBlue

Ifollow from barcelona on 20:13 - Apr 23 by Tractorgirlforever

If i buy a data bundle that allows me to use my phone abroad will it work?. If not i will have to try and be somewhere with wifi.

Barcelona is pretty good for free wifi coverage https://ajuntament.barcelona.cat/barcelonawifi/en/manual.htm but it can be hit and miss. I would find a location and try a speed test in advance to avoid disappointment.
Ifollow from barcelona on 20:28 - Apr 23 with 1049 viewsDJR

I can't be absolutely sure, but I have a feeling that a game I planned to listen to on the beach in Spain last September didn't work because I was using 4G, as opposed to the signal being a bit weak.

So I would have thought wi-fi would be the safer option.

But others abroad will be more savvy on this than me, especially as to whether the use of a VPN, which is advisable on public networks, might affect this.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 20:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Ifollow from barcelona on 20:59 - Apr 23 with 985 viewsDaninthecampo

Not sure about Ifollow but when I still had my ee phone over here i streamed all uk TV using my data as it thought I was still in the UK?
Does your hotel not have wifi?
Ifollow from barcelona on 21:05 - Apr 23 with 966 viewsDurovigutum

If you have a phone that can use esims I would recommend Airalo, who I have used in SIngapore, Oz, South Africa and last weekend in German. You buy a time limited eSIM with a data pack attached, for Germany this was $5 for 2GB that lasted 2 weeks. Cheaper than a data pack with either 3 or EE (my two options).

We did Barca v Real last season - the stadium tour is worth doing too.
Ifollow from barcelona on 04:53 - Apr 24 with 828 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ifollow from barcelona on 20:59 - Apr 23 by Daninthecampo

Not sure about Ifollow but when I still had my ee phone over here i streamed all uk TV using my data as it thought I was still in the UK?
Does your hotel not have wifi?

Im not sure if the apartment has wifi, also my daughter has booked tickets to sagrada familia for 2.30 and the match will be 4 oclock their time so im pushing it for time to get back to the apartment. My plan was maybe watch at the beach or outdoors somewhere.
Ifollow from barcelona on 05:31 - Apr 24 with 812 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ifollow from barcelona on 21:05 - Apr 23 by Durovigutum

If you have a phone that can use esims I would recommend Airalo, who I have used in SIngapore, Oz, South Africa and last weekend in German. You buy a time limited eSIM with a data pack attached, for Germany this was $5 for 2GB that lasted 2 weeks. Cheaper than a data pack with either 3 or EE (my two options).

We did Barca v Real last season - the stadium tour is worth doing too.

Thankyou. Ive never heard of esims but i will look into that.
Ifollow from barcelona on 09:00 - Apr 24 with 698 viewstivo

Shameless referral link but we both get some free pennies. Use Airalo and get an E-Sim, you won't need anything physical and it takes 2 minutes to setup.
https://ref.airalo.com/BBKE
Ifollow from barcelona on 09:56 - Apr 24 with 680 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ifollow from barcelona on 09:00 - Apr 24 by tivo

Shameless referral link but we both get some free pennies. Use Airalo and get an E-Sim, you won't need anything physical and it takes 2 minutes to setup.
https://ref.airalo.com/BBKE

Ive only got a galaxy 10 so not sure if esim works with that?
Ifollow from barcelona on 10:03 - Apr 24 with 663 viewsDJR

Ifollow from barcelona on 09:56 - Apr 24 by Tractorgirlforever

Ive only got a galaxy 10 so not sure if esim works with that?

The following indicates not.

https://5g.co.uk/guides/which-operators-offer-esims/#Which_phones_support_eSIMs

I think you best bet may be to find a bar, as my experience is that most bars in Spain offer free wi-fi.

Unless you use a VPN in this country to watch games, you will need to wait until you are in Spain to buy a video pass. I don't think you can do this through the I-follow app but will instead need to log on to the I-follow section of the ITFC website.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 10:08]
Ifollow from barcelona on 10:19 - Apr 24 with 640 viewsTractorgirlforever

Ifollow from barcelona on 10:03 - Apr 24 by DJR

The following indicates not.

https://5g.co.uk/guides/which-operators-offer-esims/#Which_phones_support_eSIMs

I think you best bet may be to find a bar, as my experience is that most bars in Spain offer free wi-fi.

Unless you use a VPN in this country to watch games, you will need to wait until you are in Spain to buy a video pass. I don't think you can do this through the I-follow app but will instead need to log on to the I-follow section of the ITFC website.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 10:08]

Great..thanks for the info🙂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024