Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a bad result all things considered 03:50 - Apr 11 with 1142 viewsWestcountryblue

Should we have won yesterday ? Probably, given our domination and chances created. However, 4 points over the Easter weekend isn't too bad, with Cheltenham being a tough place to go (as other teams have also found out) and pick up all 3 points.

The bigger fixtures are the next 2 at home. If we're able to win both, that will take us up to 88 with 4 games remaining. 6 points over the next 2 fixtures might be enough to create a 2-3 point gap between us and Plymouth, with our goal difference between effectively worth an extra point. That would give us a small margin of safety heading into those tougher away games.

Win the home fixtures and 1 of our 3 away games an we should be okay in my opinion.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 3:52]
Not a bad result all things considered on 07:02 - Apr 11 with 1038 viewsFtnfwest

The start of the run of wins we just had was four games against teams that even then we would have hoped to beat, but by doing it pressure was definitely applied to the others. As you say this is now a couple of home games that we can do the same thing with especially as Plymouth and Wendies away games this weekend aren’t easy at all.
Not a bad result all things considered on 07:25 - Apr 11 with 990 viewsMeltonBlue

I’m actually more confident of us beating either posh or Barnsley than I was yesterday,.. reason being both of them will try to come and play football against us, and honesty think we will beat one if not both.
Yesterday was the hardest away fixture due to styles of play we had left to play.
Not a bad result all things considered on 07:57 - Apr 11 with 921 viewsFixed_It

Not a bad result all things considered on 07:25 - Apr 11 by MeltonBlue

I’m actually more confident of us beating either posh or Barnsley than I was yesterday,.. reason being both of them will try to come and play football against us, and honesty think we will beat one if not both.
Yesterday was the hardest away fixture due to styles of play we had left to play.

And it was our last visit to a 'non-League' ground - we have often struggled to get our game going at poxy stadiums!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Not a bad result all things considered on 08:17 - Apr 11 with 845 viewsFunge

Not a bad result all things considered on 07:57 - Apr 11 by Fixed_It

And it was our last visit to a 'non-League' ground - we have often struggled to get our game going at poxy stadiums!

Fleetwood is pure non-league.
Not a bad result all things considered on 08:23 - Apr 11 with 810 viewsBluespeed225

Not a bad result all things considered on 08:17 - Apr 11 by Funge

Fleetwood is pure non-league.

Yup, I always think back to Brighton 05’ at The Withdean! F’Wood will have strong backing, and make it as unpleasant as possible, possibly the worst match we could have as a potential decider. Hopefully it won’t matter by then. Part of me would rather know we’re not going to be top 2 by then, rather than needing a point!😂
Not a bad result all things considered on 08:29 - Apr 11 with 771 viewsWeirdFishes

Not a bad result all things considered on 08:23 - Apr 11 by Bluespeed225

Yup, I always think back to Brighton 05’ at The Withdean! F’Wood will have strong backing, and make it as unpleasant as possible, possibly the worst match we could have as a potential decider. Hopefully it won’t matter by then. Part of me would rather know we’re not going to be top 2 by then, rather than needing a point!😂

I’m hoping Fleetwood will already be on the beach by the time we play them and just roll over for us as a parting gift for our time in league one.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Not a bad result all things considered on 08:36 - Apr 11 with 746 viewsringwoodblue

A very balanced post that echoes how I feel about yesterday and the rest of our run-in.

Charlton feels like a revenge match for me after we were robbed two points at theirs and which seemed to start an indifferent run of results for us.

Posh and Barnsley will be a different challenge to Cheltenham but weirdly they may allow us to play our own game so I’m more hopeful of getting a result in those matches. It’s Fleetwood that worries me most particularly if we have to win or draw to secure an automatic spot.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 8:37]

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Not a bad result all things considered on 08:47 - Apr 11 with 669 viewsGuthrum

Win at home, draw away = 2 points per game. May not be quite enough, but it'll give us a very good chance.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Not a bad result all things considered on 09:43 - Apr 11 with 556 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed.

As setbacks go, a draw away against Cheltenham (that the Chelts didn’t deserve beyond an excellent effort to make it difficult and hang in there for the majority of the game) shouldn’t be that damaging to our chances. As you say, all depends on whether we bounce back with the home games.

And it’s possibly not a bad thing that our run came to an end with 6 games left to get over the line. We can properly get back to taking one game at a time and use the Cheltenham result and frustration to give us a bit more focus and determination in the run in. Not saying that we were taking it too easy but keeping that freakish run going of 25 goals scored without conceding risks becoming a distraction from reality.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024