Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 main reasons for our impressive form 17:52 - Apr 1 with 2270 viewsblueysbackside

1) January transfer window. Well done Ashton on the acquisitions (Clarke/Broadhead/Luongo and Hirst), all of whom have played a major part in our revival.

2) Luongo. Let’s not underestimate just what a difference he has made. He has made 8 appearances for us. We have won seven and are yet to concede a goal when he plays.

3) Burgess. What a colossus he has been at the back. Wasn’t my first choice at the start of the season but, boy, has he taken his opportunity this season.

4) The bloke who had an argument with Morsy at Bristol Rovers. Since that 0-0 defeat we've won 7 without conceding. Maybe the team needed a kick up the arse that day.

5) McKenna. I was a big fan of paul Cook but this guy is different gravy - and it's his first full season as a manager.

I could go on.....maybe one or two of you will add a few more reasons!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 17:57]
4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:54 - Apr 1 with 2169 viewssolemio

That's very brave of you to admit that you were a big fan of Paul Cook.
4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:54 - Apr 1 with 2168 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The important 4 are all in No.1.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:55 - Apr 1 with 2139 viewsKropotkin123

6) Genuine conviction. Belief rather than hope.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:56 - Apr 1 with 2124 viewsblueysbackside

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:54 - Apr 1 by solemio

That's very brave of you to admit that you were a big fan of Paul Cook.

I thought he needed more time here but I'm happy to say I was wrong. I don't know how much of a say he had in signing Burns/Walton/Burgess etc but I salute him for planting the seeds of our success
4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:56 - Apr 1 with 2122 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Chaplin - clinical

Subs - the in-game replacements just slot right in

Togetherness - they all seem engaged, committed regardless of whether selected for the starting 11, the match day squad or left out.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:57 - Apr 1 with 2064 viewsKeno

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:55 - Apr 1 by Kropotkin123

6) Genuine conviction. Belief rather than hope.

H, I stopped watching and listening to ifollow

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:00 - Apr 1 with 1983 viewsNthsuffolkblue

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:54 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

The important 4 are all in No.1.

Or in number 5 EDIT: which is interesting as the title originally started as 4 reasons!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 18:01]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:00 - Apr 1 with 1961 viewsFrimleyBlue

Could the reduction in rotation be a reason?

I never saw a problem with it specifically, but there were threads about it... Apart from Davis today, wasn;t that close to the same team for 4 maybe 5 games now?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:01 - Apr 1 with 1930 viewsblueysbackside

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 17:56 - Apr 1 by You_Bloo_Right

Chaplin - clinical

Subs - the in-game replacements just slot right in

Togetherness - they all seem engaged, committed regardless of whether selected for the starting 11, the match day squad or left out.

You are deffo right about the spirit. They look like a team, too, rather than individuals.
Interesting to compare the team that started v Morecambe on first day of last season (under Cook) to what we have now:

Hladky

Vincent-Young
Nsiala
Woolfenden
Penney

Fraser
Harper
Evans
Burns

Chaplin

J Pigott
5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:04 - Apr 1 with 1853 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:00 - Apr 1 by FrimleyBlue

I never saw a problem with it specifically, but there were threads about it... Apart from Davis today, wasn;t that close to the same team for 4 maybe 5 games now?

I think that's a very fair point.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:08 - Apr 1 with 1771 viewsDaninthecampo

It obviously helps having money to get our targets But we need to give Mckenna what ever he wants. His coaching is top class and identifying the players he needs is great, Hirst is now flying. Luongo, Broadhead,Clarke, Ferguson from Brighton who we really wanted as an unknown youth to most of us he's now a regular prem scorer and full International
5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:10 - Apr 1 with 1745 viewsBlueBadger

The 1 to 1 coaching session Burns had with Frimmers, in which he was told 'cross the ball to a team mate'.

Astonishing that KM overlooked that
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 18:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:10 - Apr 1 with 1731 viewsKropotkin123

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:00 - Apr 1 by FrimleyBlue

It is an interesting point. But also one where we have players who are clearly better than no matter the oposition. Eg, Broadhead is a lot better than Harness. Eg, vision and execution of pass for the first goal. But if I'm weighing up Harness or Edwards, for example, it is less clear cut.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:13 - Apr 1 with 1675 viewshomer_123

KM didn't change how he set us up to play or our approach.

He didn't panic....kept doing what he knew was right.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:14 - Apr 1 with 1667 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

6) I could see into the future.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:17 - Apr 1 with 1621 viewsKropotkin123

4 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:01 - Apr 1 by blueysbackside

You are deffo right about the spirit. They look like a team, too, rather than individuals.
Interesting to compare the team that started v Morecambe on first day of last season (under Cook) to what we have now:

Hladky

Vincent-Young
Nsiala
Woolfenden
Penney

Fraser
Harper
Evans
Burns

Chaplin

J Pigott

Looking at that team it is clear why we needed another season to genuinely compete.

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 18:18 - Apr 1 with 1609 viewsgtsb1966

(6) patience
5 main reasons for our impressive form on 19:02 - Apr 1 with 1350 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I was right about Covid, I was right about Burgess and by god, I think I was right about the congestion charge.
5 main reasons for our impressive form on 19:14 - Apr 1 with 1262 viewsBlueBoots

This is where I take a bow for our improvement...posted this on 12th February (main point is in the final paragraph), and we haven't conceded a goal since...

Statistical comparison with last season by BlueBoots 12 Feb 2023 14:48
Projected total based on current PPG / GPG...

30 matches: 86 Points, 86 Goals

Bit of work to do now to get to 100/100...after 15 matches, projected totals were 101 Points and 86 Goals, which I suppose highlights the end of the pitch where our problems lie...

About two thirds of the season gone, so a few stats, and comparisons between the first and second thirds, and with last season...

1) Scoring 1.87 GPG compared with 1.46 GPG last season. (1st Third 1.87 / 2nd Third 1.87)

2) Conceding 1.03 GPG compared with 1.00 GPG last season. (1st Third 0.80 / 2nd Third 1.27)

3) 1.87 PPG compared with 1.52 PPG last season. (1st Third 2.2 / 2nd Third 1.53)

4) Effectively about 10 points "in hand" on our points total for last season (70 points from 46 games = 46 from 30...currently 56 from 30)

So to summarise, although we had a very good start to the season (and we've continued to score goals at a consistent rate all season), in the second half of the season so far, we've only picked up points at the rate we did last season (just over 1.5 points per game), and our defence is actually worse, conceding 5 goals for every 4 goals we would have conceded last season.

Really hope we can turn this around, and still make a challenge for the automatics, but these numbers show it's a bit more than a "blip" or loss of form. Key priority seems to be a bit of back to basics tightening up the defence, as we're scoring consistently and have improved on last season in that area.

COYB

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 19:21 - Apr 1 with 1226 viewscoote

I also feel it’s a fitness thing. We chopped and changed for most of the season. I’d be interested to see how many games our squad have played compared to others in and around us.

I Think our settled team has less minutes on the pitch than most of our competitors. We look fresh!!!!!!!!!
5 main reasons for our impressive form on 19:33 - Apr 1 with 1161 viewsGarv

6) Suddenly looking lethal on the break

To be fair all four Jan signings have been superb and really kicked us on. Hirst in particular is so useful for these away games and while Ladapo gets some unfair stick he looks a right upgrade.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

5 main reasons for our impressive form on 19:41 - Apr 1 with 1070 viewsvilanovablue

I strongly suspect that having decent squad and enhancing it in Jan has tipped the balance, in our poor run we were creating chances and conceding not many goals. Our statistically good side is now on the right side of variance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024