Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KMK’s big club experience 08:00 - Mar 30 with 1549 viewswrightsrightglove

I think this could be crucial in the run in. As much as us fans will get completely carried away, I think he’ll keep ensuring the players take it one game at a time and don’t get caught up in the emotions of it all, I think that could be one of our strongest assets. We’re not going to win every game but I can’t see us bottling it like some teams seem to be doing at the moment.

He’s got experience at some massive clubs and worked with some world class managers and coaches so he’ll know how to protect the players from the pressure and keep their focus where it needs to be. As fans we’re going to be going through an absolute rollercoaster of emotions which we haven’t had at the end of a season for a long time, I just hope that the players keep everything on a level and keep taking it one game at a time.
KMK’s big club experience on 08:05 - Mar 30 with 1490 viewsPioneerBlue

There is promotion experience in the squad which shouldn’t be underestimated. Morsy for one. Broadhead is another. There is also experience of competing for promotion more widely in the group.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

KMK’s big club experience on 08:10 - Mar 30 with 1456 viewswrightsrightglove

KMK’s big club experience on 08:05 - Mar 30 by PioneerBlue

There is promotion experience in the squad which shouldn’t be underestimated. Morsy for one. Broadhead is another. There is also experience of competing for promotion more widely in the group.

True, although I suppose Wednesday would say the same. But it definitely feels like this group are level headed and not getting carried away on either side of the emotional spectrum.
KMK’s big club experience on 08:46 - Mar 30 with 1310 viewsArchiRob

MASS is a great presence to have on pitch too and together with Morsey we have a great influence at both ends
KMK’s big club experience on 09:09 - Mar 30 with 1242 viewsChurchman

I don’t think KMs big club experience makes any difference.

What does is how level headed he appears to be. He rarely goes OTT when we win or is too down when we lose. He’s quite controlled. McKenna doesn’t strike me as a coffee cup chucker or somebody who is likely to get too close to the players. If my perception is right, it’s a great skill.
KMK’s big club experience on 09:21 - Mar 30 with 1206 viewsKeno

See also the influence of Keogh in the dressing room

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

KMK’s big club experience on 09:37 - Mar 30 with 1133 viewsITFC_Forever

Walton, Evans (both also with Wigan).

Edit: Also Ladapo with Rotherham.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2023 9:37]

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

KMK’s big club experience on 09:37 - Mar 30 with 1113 viewsBleuBlue

Certainly worked well for Paul Lambert
KMK’s big club experience on 09:41 - Mar 30 with 1071 viewsStewart27

Let’s hope the players keep it more level headed than us lot! In all seriousness, the majority of our fans are buzzing with excitement mixed with a little bag of nerves.

Thankfully the club doesn’t take on the view of posters like JJJ, otherwise KM would have been gone in February.

Ironically we’ve come good and KM is still here. But some posters who come out on February 14th have disappeared.
Login to get fewer ads

KMK’s big club experience on 12:03 - Mar 30 with 813 viewstextbackup

KMK’s big club experience on 09:09 - Mar 30 by Churchman

I don’t think KMs big club experience makes any difference.

What does is how level headed he appears to be. He rarely goes OTT when we win or is too down when we lose. He’s quite controlled. McKenna doesn’t strike me as a coffee cup chucker or somebody who is likely to get too close to the players. If my perception is right, it’s a great skill.

I bet if someone has let him down, or not followed instructions, he just sits them down and calmly explains where they’ve gone wrong… which absolutely kills more than being shouted at!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

KMK’s big club experience on 12:15 - Mar 30 with 773 viewsBigCommon

KMK’s big club experience on 09:21 - Mar 30 by Keno

See also the influence of Keogh in the dressing room

Agree... Keogh, Aluko, Dom Ball, Morsy, Evans, Ladapo are all experienced heads.... There's younger players, like Davis and Clarke, with energy and hunger...
And I don't think, the experience gained by Broadhead and Burns, playing away, for Wales, in Croatia and nicking a brilliant result, should be underestimated, either. That's a pressure situation in its own right. Both looked comfortable...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024