Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The perfect away display 17:17 - Mar 11 with 564 viewsitfcsuth

Struggle to think of a better away display in KMc tenure.

Scrappy when we needed to be, but looked after possession far better than Bolton when it was required as well, especially in the turnover.

I actually thought Hirst and Burns were really struggling up until the 40th minute, both the goal seemed confidence through Hirst especially and he put in a real no.9 display that was a real high level.

The game is owed to Walton, saving the penalty straight after halftime with it at 1-0, can’t be underestimated the importance of that.

But the wider game was really won with Luongo and Morsy, absolutely controlled the central area today - outstanding.

It’s a massive win, cuts the gap to Plymouth, but cannot get carried away. Enjoy the day, enjoy the result, but still so much work to be done in the season.

COYFB
The perfect away display on 17:20 - Mar 11 with 536 viewsDyland

I thought Luongo was a little sluggish and sloppy in possession, but I’m a pretty crap analyst so whatever 😮😎

Cracking afternoon footy that.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The perfect away display on 17:23 - Mar 11 with 497 viewsLeoMuff

I’m not sure you can concede a penalty in the perfect away performance, we weren’t all that great up to that point in the second half. First half was impressive, once we got over the second half wobble we looked pretty comfortable.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The perfect away display on 17:44 - Mar 11 with 421 viewsitfcsuth

The perfect away display on 17:23 - Mar 11 by LeoMuff

I’m not sure you can concede a penalty in the perfect away performance, we weren’t all that great up to that point in the second half. First half was impressive, once we got over the second half wobble we looked pretty comfortable.

You aren’t going to go to any top 6 side away from home and not have to get away with one or two.

But that was a 10 or so minute where we had to weather their pressure a bit.

They have an unbelievable home record, and we really controlled most of the game, 2 goals, clean sheets and limited opposition chances.

Ticks every box of a perfect away display for me.
The perfect away display on 17:46 - Mar 11 with 405 viewsitfcsuth

The perfect away display on 17:20 - Mar 11 by Dyland

I thought Luongo was a little sluggish and sloppy in possession, but I’m a pretty crap analyst so whatever 😮😎

Cracking afternoon footy that.

The whole game went scrappy at times, and that included Luongo and Morsy losing possession at times a long with everybody else.

But for large spells of that the controlled that central area, and it’s not an easy task against two good players in Morley and Dempsey, with Shoretire playing in the pocket off the strikers.

Big display from them.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2023 17:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024