Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very enthused about the state of the club after today 22:01 - Jan 28 with 2595 viewsunstableblue

Whilst it was a shame not to get a result today (either way) and to have to head for a replay a week before the BIG ONE against Sheff Weds (good they have a replay too) - you can’t not leave today without thinking Town are going in the right direction and have a good group of players, a top class manager and a fan base that is enthused and committed.

25k+ for an FA Cup game these days is positive. To match a quality team who are on a ridiculous run of form, and at times really get into them, is brilliant. Yes both teams put their B teams out… but we went toe to toe.

The defence today was what really pleased me. Their attack was different level, but I thought Edmundson and Leigh especially really dealt with them. Wolf and Donacien also got in good shape and close to their attack, with a few minor wobbles.

The central midfield was a proper battle; which ended up all square in my mind. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. It was interesting to see how little time and how pressured Morsy/Evans were compared to their usual dominance. I really liked Luongos 20mins. He has 2 moment of real influence and class. I hope he can push for a place.

What I loved was when the new strike force three came on!!! Showing such strength from the bench - harness had had moments, and hit bar, but still a little ineffective, Jackson had a great performance but is still lacking something, Hirst will be frustrated and needs a goal but some promising moment - BUT Freddie, Chappers and Broadhead look sharp and dangerous… didn’t have enough of a chance to get into this game… but I’m hoping they can really destroy Cambridge

Anyway to the point - A BIG CROWD, a display where we matched a top championship side, and just great to hear Burnley fans’ plaudits… and with so many good players not starting

Club feels good… now let’s go on a run in the league

Oh and Town fans get into the project and back with some noise and positivity… there will be bumps… but the sh!t after Oxford away in the fog needs to be questioned

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 22:31 - Jan 28 with 2430 viewsEireannach_gorm

100% agree that this is a very good barometer of our future. if we can get to the Championship ( big if ) it shows that we are have the players to hold our own and even push for a higher level. It's a tantalising look into the future. This why it is so important that we get out of League One.
Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 22:58 - Jan 28 with 2323 viewsEnigma_Blue

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 22:31 - Jan 28 by Eireannach_gorm

100% agree that this is a very good barometer of our future. if we can get to the Championship ( big if ) it shows that we are have the players to hold our own and even push for a higher level. It's a tantalising look into the future. This why it is so important that we get out of League One.

Yes getting out of League one is important and if we can do it this season then that would be great but if we don't it won't be a disaster. We will be strong contenders again for promotion next season and the way the club is being run from top to bottom should fill even the most pessimistic of supporters with hope and optimism for the future.
Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 07:51 - Jan 29 with 1936 viewsPioneerBlue

Agree whereas over on this thread <Thoughts after the whistle> it’s almost unique in its singling out of negative aspects when the collective is strong. What a life it must be to never enjoy the good stuff.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 08:16 - Jan 29 with 1857 viewsdavblue

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 22:31 - Jan 28 by Eireannach_gorm

I hope they Dont get rid of McKenna if we don’t go up, he’s got us on the right track.
Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 09:10 - Jan 29 with 1708 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 22:58 - Jan 28 by Enigma_Blue

Yes getting out of League one is important and if we can do it this season then that would be great but if we don't it won't be a disaster. We will be strong contenders again for promotion next season and the way the club is being run from top to bottom should fill even the most pessimistic of supporters with hope and optimism for the future.

“ Yes getting out of League one is important and if we can do it this season then that would be great but if we don't it won't be a disaster”

You need to have a word with Chico…
Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 12:23 - Jan 29 with 1487 viewsBlueBadger

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 09:10 - Jan 29 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“ Yes getting out of League one is important and if we can do it this season then that would be great but if we don't it won't be a disaster”

You need to have a word with Chico…

Pffft. Frimmers is already convinced that's what's happened.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 12:42 - Jan 29 with 1456 viewsBlueBadger

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 08:16 - Jan 29 by davblue

I hope they Dont get rid of McKenna if we don’t go up, he’s got us on the right track.

McKenna is about the only one of our post-Mick managers not to talk about 'long term building' but ironically, is probably the only one who might actually be doing that. We'd be mad to get rid at this point.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 14:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 1444 viewsdavblue

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 12:42 - Jan 29 by BlueBadger

McKenna is about the only one of our post-Mick managers not to talk about 'long term building' but ironically, is probably the only one who might actually be doing that. We'd be mad to get rid at this point.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 14:50]

Yeah no matter what happens this season. Even if we did fail in the play offs, we would be good to go next year imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 13:07 - Jan 29 with 1352 viewsringwoodblue

Agree with everything you say unstable.

What most impressed me was that all the players that came in yesterday (Hladky, Leigh, Donacien, Jackson etc) all played really well so we now really do have at least two decent players for every position which is a great place to be in the second half of the season.

Well done to Ashton and McK for assembling a really good squad but the hard work is still to be done on the pitch.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 13:13 - Jan 29 with 1334 viewspointofblue

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 22:58 - Jan 28 by Enigma_Blue

With the amount of money spent, not getting out of this division this season would be a failure. Definitely not a disaster, as long as Gamechanger keep financing the club to the level they are, but a failure. With the players at our disposal and the squad available to us, we should be top two. It’s not arrogance. It’s not dismissing the rest of the division. Most managers say we’re the best team they have or will play. We need to make that count - now.

Still, if we do fail to go up, maybe we can have another punt at the Papa John’s Trophy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 14:12 - Jan 29 with 1232 viewschicoazul

You’re always very enthused! That’s why we love you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 15:17 - Jan 29 with 1090 viewsElephantintheRoom

Never thought I’d see a Town ‘supporter’ talking about ‘the project’

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Very enthused about the state of the club after today on 15:48 - Jan 29 with 1019 viewsCraigIT

We are in a division that I hate us being in. But I think everything 're our club is positive. On and off the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024