Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not even sure Celina gets in this team... 10:09 - Jan 25 with 598 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...as a regular starter. Would have loved him back at the start of the season but can't say I feel dissappointed he's not here now. It'd just be another player to accomodate.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Not even sure Celina gets in this team... on 13:44 - Jan 25 with 473 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Based on a very small sample size, I would rather have Broadhead than Celina.

Broadhead fits the patterns of play KMcK wants perfectly.

Harness too often underhits passes, which cause players to have to check runs, or takes too many touches, both of which slow our attacks down, allowing the opposition to get back, but is very good off the ball, and gives everything.

Celina is more mercurial and has stunning moments, and, although not a "lazy winger" doesn't match Harness' work rate.

Broadhead seems to be a pretty perfect team player. He passes so crisply and accurately, often first time, has an eye for the "something extra" pass that splits defences, is very direct and on the front foot, and works hard, too. He was frequently breaking from pretty deep in our half, because he didn't shirk his defensive responsibilities and commitment to the team shape, and then had the engine to power that transition forward.

Best of both worlds, again based on a very small sample size.

Of course it would be lovely to have Celina on the bench to bring on if we desperately needed a goal with 20 minutes to go, but, over the course of a season, based on what we have seen so far, we will be in that position less with Broadhead in the team.

Having the added quality from Broadhead and Clarke brought out the best in everybody. I think Morsy had a very good game, too, and it was the movement around him that opened space for him in Central Midfield and gave him good attacking passing options.

Burns was back to his old self.

And Ladappo? Was it Broadhead who brought the best out of him, or is there truth in the joke I made just before Hirst signed when Freddie had a great game:

"There is no better striker in League One than Freddie Ladappo when he is about to lose his place permanently!"

And with everything going on around him at a higher tempo, Chaplin benefitted, too.

I don't think this is just a "Morecambe were poor" false dawn- I really believe that we have the players to play KMcK's system now.

And very good team players like Harness to come on and work hard once the game is already, hopefully more times than not, in our control.
Not even sure Celina gets in this team... on 13:57 - Jan 25 with 432 viewsKeno

who?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024