Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth fixtures 06:02 - Jan 23 with 1829 viewsJeff_winger

Plymouth are now about to play their toughest run of fixtures which also coincides with us playing our game in hand.
If Plymouth come out of this still ahead they fully deserve to go up.

Plymouth next games :
Sheffield weds A
Portsmouth H
Oxford A
Fleetwood H
Peterbrough A
Charlton H
Derby H

Plymouth fixtures on 06:43 - Jan 23 with 1715 viewsleftback

They’re home form is ridiculous, if that continues they’ll be fine
Plymouth fixtures on 07:46 - Jan 23 with 1600 viewsHerbivore

Plymouth fixtures on 06:43 - Jan 23 by leftback

They’re home form is ridiculous, if that continues they’ll be fine

Can't help but wonder if they'd have continued their insane home form if we'd beaten them at Home Park, which we should have done really. If we don't go up this season has already been full of loads of what if moments.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Plymouth fixtures on 08:37 - Jan 23 with 1464 viewsBigCommon

Plymouth fixtures on 07:46 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Can't help but wonder if they'd have continued their insane home form if we'd beaten them at Home Park, which we should have done really. If we don't go up this season has already been full of loads of what if moments.

This is the most frustrating thing, imo...Cant think of a single game where we've been played off the park..Each game we 've dropped points in, weve had chances to win..I mean, if a team beats you by out playing you, you just hold your hands up a say , well played..But the way we've let games slip, makes you feel very short changed. ..I guess the plus side is that we are not a million miles away from getting on the right side of some very fine margins..But that has to start "now"...I feel that the Sheff W game is a must win now. If we have any chance of top 2. Not to mention winning to two league games leading up to it...If we win those 3, then it's a much different picture.
Plymouth fixtures on 08:51 - Jan 23 with 1402 viewsGuthrum

Plymouth fixtures on 08:37 - Jan 23 by BigCommon

This is the most frustrating thing, imo...Cant think of a single game where we've been played off the park..Each game we 've dropped points in, weve had chances to win..I mean, if a team beats you by out playing you, you just hold your hands up a say , well played..But the way we've let games slip, makes you feel very short changed. ..I guess the plus side is that we are not a million miles away from getting on the right side of some very fine margins..But that has to start "now"...I feel that the Sheff W game is a must win now. If we have any chance of top 2. Not to mention winning to two league games leading up to it...If we win those 3, then it's a much different picture.

The very fact we have not been outplayed (even by Plymouth and Wednesday) suggests Town are genuinely one of the best sides in this division.

Most of what's happened is a few sides managing to prevent us scoring despite consistent pressure. We're never going to avoid conceding at all, but we have kept it pretty minimal, given our resources are largely committed to the attack.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Plymouth fixtures on 09:08 - Jan 23 with 1296 viewsChurchman

Plymouth fixtures on 08:37 - Jan 23 by BigCommon

The best teams find ways to win come what may. Fog, rubbish pitch, opposition up for it, tactics, tic tacs, just dig out the result. No bottling it, weak defending or stupid errors. Just take your chance(s) when they come.

Teams playing Plymouth or Sheffield Wednesday know they’ve got little chance when they run out and it almost becomes a self fulfilling prophecy sometimes.

It’s just a view, but I think the opposite is also true. We are a good team but while we might not have been outplayed, let’s face it, mighty Morecambe will know they’re in with a really good chance of a point or more if they can stay in the game. Especially in the last ten minutes if the game is tight and the jitters set in.

Maybe our players and management will sit down and work out what’s missing and we will win those next three games. Stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed.
Plymouth fixtures on 11:31 - Jan 23 with 1041 viewsBigCommon

Plymouth fixtures on 09:08 - Jan 23 by Churchman

The best teams find ways to win come what may. Fog, rubbish pitch, opposition up for it, tactics, tic tacs, just dig out the result. No bottling it, weak defending or stupid errors. Just take your chance(s) when they come.

Teams playing Plymouth or Sheffield Wednesday know they’ve got little chance when they run out and it almost becomes a self fulfilling prophecy sometimes.

It’s just a view, but I think the opposite is also true. We are a good team but while we might not have been outplayed, let’s face it, mighty Morecambe will know they’re in with a really good chance of a point or more if they can stay in the game. Especially in the last ten minutes if the game is tight and the jitters set in.

Maybe our players and management will sit down and work out what’s missing and we will win those next three games. Stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed.

Agree, don't think Wednesday have played particularly spectacular football throughout their run of form. But their 1-0 Saturday is a good example of just getting the job done against Fleetwood. Granted, they missed a late pen. But more importantly they kept that clean sheet.
Think even when teams go behind against us, they will feel like they are still well in the game. Unless we get the 2nd or 3rd goal, like Oxford home game...By rights we should be beating Morecombe comfortably at home. But unless we get a 2 goal cushion, it could get a bit nervy.They are in pretty good form themselves.. Think we need a decent 3 or 4 goal win, to restore some confidence. Any form of 3pts would be welcome. But if we only just scrape it
I'm not sure it will be the big lift we need.
Plymouth fixtures on 11:40 - Jan 23 with 980 viewsOldFart71

As you point out things can dramatically turn around. If for instance Plymouth beat Wednesday and then we beat them things soon change. Alternatively if both games end in a draw then things stay roughly as they are. It is up to us to win what is put in front of us and hope the football God's are shining on us with regards to others results.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024