Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've stayed away since the final whistle blew on Saturday. 23:20 - Jan 22 with 1009 viewsOriginalMarkyP

But I've come back and feel ok.

We need a win. I believe we will get one against Morcambe.

I don't know if we'll get top two. It may well be too much of an ask.

But over the next few games we are going to turn a corner and momentum is going to gather apace.

Let's enjoy it. Being in League 1 sucks. But we'll get out of it sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

Let's just support this exciting young manager we've got. Let's support this talented team we've got. They need it. Overall they deserve it.

It ain't over, until it's over.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 23:22]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I've stayed away since the final whistle blew on Saturday. on 23:30 - Jan 22 with 929 viewsOldsmoker

I'm the same.
I ventured on the board this evening to post my usual nonsense about nothing in particular.
I can't abide the melts and some of them are posters I respect.
A win on Tuesday will reset the boards enthusiasm for a top 2 finish.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I've stayed away since the final whistle blew on Saturday. on 23:58 - Jan 22 with 865 viewsWhos_blue

It's interesting that I seen the word "reset" mentioned a few times over the weekend.
I also tend to limit my time here after a bad result. It does nothing to lift my mood!
A few (minority) of murmurings that KM should go are astonishing.
I guess I fit the mold of a happy clapper. Soz.
When the season started we were all filled with hope of a good season and in the main it has been, especially given recent seasons.
I understand the frustrations some have, as we've dropped swiftly out of the top two after occupying first or second for so long, and I would say it's going to take a lot results for us and others to us break back in. Not impossible, but sadly unlikely. Oh how I hope this proves to be wrong, but I'm not hopeful.
So this is where my version of a "reset" comes in.
After previous seasons, we would have happily taken a spot in the play offs and maybe this is where we should perhaps focus our efforts on supporting the team to ensure we finish as strongly and well prepared for the play offs as possible.
The alternative is we can continue to jeer each misplaced pass like we did with Walton's nervy display against Plymouth. After one particular bad pass to JD, some in the the SBR lower completely over reacted, with one "fan" near me thinking calling Walton a C Unit was just the support and encouragement he needed. In fact at one point Walton turned to the stand and urged us to calm down. Cue more jeering from our more learned supporters.
Who knows, we might even see the return of a little boo at half and full time. Happy days.
Rest assured, I was really fed up on Saturday, as I think that was the result that consigns us to the play offs. So let's play our part and ensure we hold our nerve and back the team to strongest possible finish. If it is the play offs, so be it.
We will just have to go and win them!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I've stayed away since the final whistle blew on Saturday. on 05:50 - Jan 23 with 739 viewsWestcountryblue

We need to go on a run and gain a bit of momentum.

Should we be demanding a bit more from the squad and McKenna? Without doubt.

Gamechanger, Ashton and the fans are more than doing their part, but we need to start playing more clinical, effective football. I love what McKenna has done and clear identity in the way we play, but i do perhaps think that a plan B or C is missing at times. Teams seem to have worked us out a bit.

I think some big decisions lie ahead regarding team selection.
I've stayed away since the final whistle blew on Saturday. on 08:34 - Jan 23 with 549 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair we should be beating the teams we have next as a matter of course.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024