Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford weather 08:53 - Jan 20 with 5386 viewsVegtablue

It is set to go below zero for 12 hours before hitting low positive digits from 11am. Are we confident the game will go ahead?
Oxford weather on 12:20 - Jan 20 with 1463 viewsVegtablue

Oxford weather on 11:57 - Jan 20 by Garv

Well it's not like they've had pitch issues before or anything...

Whisper it quietly Garv but you may have uncovered the origin story for my post 😅
Oxford weather on 20:15 - Jan 20 with 1221 viewsLeBlue

Oxford weather on 09:25 - Jan 20 by SWGF

-3 is, as I understand it, still below zero so nothing will be thawing out

Obviously. However, as I understand it, -3 will thaw much quicker than -7, particularly when the daytime ambient temperature is higher
Oxford weather on 20:57 - Jan 20 with 1114 viewsandytown

Oxford weather on 20:15 - Jan 20 by LeBlue

Obviously. However, as I understand it, -3 will thaw much quicker than -7, particularly when the daytime ambient temperature is higher

A couple of posters have mentioned the pitch being shaded by the main stand. If that is right then it could be a factor.
Oxford weather on 21:08 - Jan 20 with 1072 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I live 20 miles away and did a long walk today across fields and local golf course. Some parts frozen, some parts that had good sunshine were thawed. If they genuinely have no covers, then I think parts will be frozen first thing. However it isn't as cold out as last night. I reckon 75% chance it will go ahead.

Poll: would you rather

Oxford weather on 22:13 - Jan 20 with 951 viewsWallingford_Boy

Oxford weather on 20:57 - Jan 20 by andytown

A couple of posters have mentioned the pitch being shaded by the main stand. If that is right then it could be a factor.

Oxford is the one ground where the pitch gets the sun! South stand is missing!

RIP Sir Bobby

Oxford weather on 22:22 - Jan 20 with 908 viewsPinewoodblue

Oxford weather on 22:13 - Jan 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Oxford is the one ground where the pitch gets the sun! South stand is missing!

Isn't the main stand the South stand. The open end is where a West stand stood, if they could afford it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Oxford weather on 22:50 - Jan 20 with 836 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oxford weather on 22:22 - Jan 20 by Pinewoodblue

Isn't the main stand the South stand. The open end is where a West stand stood, if they could afford it.

The map says you are correct!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Oxford weather on 22:54 - Jan 20 with 812 viewsRyorry

Oxford weather on 10:56 - Jan 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Ooooohhh another Oxon based Ipswich fan, how exciting.

It's definitely warmer than it was a few weeks back and overnight temperatures aren't as low, but Oxford just seem useless at getting games on!

Doesn't help that their entire stadium is just made of breeze blocks! Brrrrrrrr..

I think Bluebell & Mr Bluebell also live in or near Oxford, so you're in good company :)

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford weather on 23:16 - Jan 20 with 766 viewsBluebell

Oxford weather on 22:54 - Jan 20 by Ryorry

I think Bluebell & Mr Bluebell also live in or near Oxford, so you're in good company :)

We do.

Just got back from a night out. A quiz at the golf club. I will add that 2 of the answers were Norwich!

Who knew that they were the first city in the UK to have post codes? We did know that the man in the moon came down too soon and ended up in Norwich in the poem. Got that one right.

It is bloody freezing here. Mr B has just said there is no way the game will be played tomorrow unless it warms up considerably!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024