Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Parkin chat on Blue Monday well worth a listen/watch 19:56 - Jan 11 with 1308 viewsSWGF

Very interesting and honest chat on his time with us, an insight into the psyche of a pro footballer when things don't go well and the impact that a crowd's reaction can have on players' performances. Also some great Royle/Magilton stories.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Sam Parkin chat on Blue Monday well worth a listen/watch on 08:44 - Jan 12 with 822 viewsitfcjoe

I know I'm biased as part of the BM team, but this really is a fantastic interview - Parkin really good and honest about his time here and clearly something he has reflected on a lot. Well worth a listen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sam Parkin chat on Blue Monday well worth a listen/watch on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 703 viewsDanLyles

Current players are media trained/programmed to the hilt, so I don't usually enjoy their interviews. Ex-players tend to let the shackles off more, but I'd say Parkin takes this to another level here.

From a football perspective, there is a great lesson on the importance of recruitment in this interview. Identifying the type of player you are signing and ensuring that they actually fit your system.

Away from the pitch, the Magilton and 'This Country' anecdotes made me chuckle. Great interview Benjamin Bloom.

Poll: Who would you start at FGR?
Blog: Fine Margins and Five Matters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024