Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Removed thread 10:02 - Jan 6 with 9616 viewsPhilTWTD

Think we probably need a new start today so I've removed that thread. Not really got time today to spend most of it dealing with PMs relating to threads - just counted and I had 51 yesterday - so it would be appreciated if everyone makes an effort not to stir up arguments.
Removed thread on 10:09 - Jan 7 with 814 viewslowhouseblue

Removed thread on 09:36 - Jan 7 by GlasgowBlue

For the avoidance of doubt, this is not directed at the poster you are replying to but a more general point about stuff I see on various social media outlets as well as on here, there is a section (not all) see themselves as being morally pure and on the side of the righteous because they hold left wing views, and that self righteousness gives them a free pass to turn a blind eye to racism from their own side, abuse, body shame and pile on people because they are ‘Tories’ or have ‘right wing views’. And because of those ‘right wing views’ they are evil incarnate and are deserving of all they get.

It’s a complete lack of self awareness, where they see themselves as the ‘good guys’ so all of the above is for the greater good.

As I said, this isn’t directed at the poster you are replying to or the majority of people who identify as left wing, but to a certain section of cyber warriors.

edited to correct some iphone spelling mistakes. No change of words or content.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 10:29]

i guess it's part of the attraction of online stuff. it's the one place where you really can be morally pure. and at zero cost. you can reinvent your self, curate your words and beliefs, and align them perfectly with some ideology or group. it doesn't involve any actions or choices in the real world - instant moral purity through the pressing of keys. and you can further prove your moral purity by finding immoral online enemies and slaying them. easy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Removed thread on 10:25 - Jan 7 with 736 viewsDJR

Removed thread on 10:09 - Jan 7 by lowhouseblue

i guess it's part of the attraction of online stuff. it's the one place where you really can be morally pure. and at zero cost. you can reinvent your self, curate your words and beliefs, and align them perfectly with some ideology or group. it doesn't involve any actions or choices in the real world - instant moral purity through the pressing of keys. and you can further prove your moral purity by finding immoral online enemies and slaying them. easy.

The other thing it allows is people to say things to others that I very much doubt they would have the courage to say in person because meeting in person brings with it certain social norms.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 10:27]
Removed thread on 10:27 - Jan 7 with 712 viewsZapers

Removed thread on 08:59 - Jan 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

You may as well be clear as to who you are calling out as transphobic just for the avoidance of doubt.
Regarding some of the rest then yes it is amazing that you are still here. ("...us decent sort...." lol)

My thoughts precisely Bankster!
Removed thread on 10:28 - Jan 7 with 705 viewsGlasgowBlue

Removed thread on 10:25 - Jan 7 by DJR

The other thing it allows is people to say things to others that I very much doubt they would have the courage to say in person because meeting in person brings with it certain social norms.

I've always made it a rule that I would say exactly the same thing to somebody's face that I say on here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Removed thread on 10:34 - Jan 7 with 700 viewslowhouseblue

Removed thread on 10:25 - Jan 7 by DJR

absolutely. partly people can say things without risk of consequence. partly without in person interaction people lose empathy - they aren't interested in why someone disagrees or in how they might be persuaded - they just become something abstract that needs to be countered. the manners and customs we all adopt in face-to-face discussion are all about ways we've learnt to express respect and empathy.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Removed thread on 11:09 - Jan 7 with 631 viewsSwansea_Blue

Removed thread on 10:28 - Jan 7 by GlasgowBlue

I've always made it a rule that I would say exactly the same thing to somebody's face that I say on here.

So you’re a bellend in real life too?!

Sorry, but if you’re going to set them up….

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Removed thread on 11:19 - Jan 7 with 600 viewsGlasgowBlue

Removed thread on 11:09 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

So you’re a bellend in real life too?!

Sorry, but if you’re going to set them up….

STFU

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024