Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 10:04 - Jan 4 with 2844 viewsKeno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64158179

Thats good news, while 65% of adults thoughts their maths was ok the other 45% weren't sure

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 12:43 - Jan 4 with 599 viewstextbackup

Surely people just go into the trades or industries they’ve chosen, and learn the numbers game within that field?
Tiler - working out meter squared etc

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 12:47 - Jan 4 with 570 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 10:17 - Jan 4 by Blueschev

I fear for the health of the current cabinet, the amount of fag packets they get through.

Here's a joke Boris and his Eton pals would get:

Decline Liz Truss' Health Secretary:

Coffey
Coffees
Coughing
Coffin
Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 12:48 - Jan 4 with 562 viewsDJR

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 12:43 - Jan 4 by textbackup

Surely people just go into the trades or industries they’ve chosen, and learn the numbers game within that field?

Or darts players.
Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 12:58 - Jan 4 with 538 viewsGuthrum

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 12:40 - Jan 4 by baxterbasics

Indeed. My own daughter - now in her GCSE year - the same. Can't get her head around maths or science, doing better with the English and history . All she wants to do next is photography.

I myself crashed and burned with A Level maths. Not because I couldn't do it, I was just lazy and distracted at the time. Discovered Monday nights at Hollywoods which didn't help.

I just had a mental block with integration. Differentiation fine, but the other way was a problem.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 13:02 - Jan 4 with 534 viewsSarge

The vast majority of post-16 maths is integral and differential calculus with a smattering of mechanics and statistics thrown in. Good skills to have sure but largely useless to people that weren’t otherwise going to choose to continue maths. Even as an aerospace engineer these kind of things were of limited use because hardly anybody does calculations on the back of a cigarette packet anymore.
Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 13:06 - Jan 4 with 528 viewsGuthrum

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 12:48 - Jan 4 by DJR

Or darts players.

Air resistance and ballistics are well tricky!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 13:14 - Jan 4 with 520 viewslongtimefan

Sunak wants all pupils to study maths to age 18 on 12:43 - Jan 4 by textbackup

Or maybe work on the spelling first
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024