Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fans amaze me! 20:35 - Jan 1 with 995 viewsIpswich_Crazy

2nd in the league and moaning like we are 22nd in the league!

Come let's get behind the lads!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Our fans amaze me! on 20:42 - Jan 1 with 963 viewsMattinLondon

To be fair quite a few are being sarcastic about our form and the ones who bang on with various form of negativity are a bunch of idiots.
Our fans amaze me! on 20:44 - Jan 1 with 949 viewsclive_baker

Looks to me like there’s 10 people moaning about people moaning for every 1 actually moaning.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Our fans amaze me! on 20:49 - Jan 1 with 922 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I did think about this as soon as I logged off from here earlier.

It seems that when Cook was in charge there were a lot of fans who went with things will get better and we are only a couple of wins away from the play-offs. The team that gets into the play-offs on good form often wins them, all will be fine. Now it seems there are a few going, if we lose a few matches we will drop out of the top two and the team that misses out on the top two never wins the play-offs.

I guess that, in the most part, they are different people generally summarised in the first instance as optimists and in the second instance as pessimists (although there may be the odd one who is the same in both cases and generally summarised as contrarians or possibly budgie trolls).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our fans amaze me! on 21:19 - Jan 1 with 835 viewsTalkingBlues

Our fans amaze me! on 20:49 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I did think about this as soon as I logged off from here earlier.

It seems that when Cook was in charge there were a lot of fans who went with things will get better and we are only a couple of wins away from the play-offs. The team that gets into the play-offs on good form often wins them, all will be fine. Now it seems there are a few going, if we lose a few matches we will drop out of the top two and the team that misses out on the top two never wins the play-offs.

I guess that, in the most part, they are different people generally summarised in the first instance as optimists and in the second instance as pessimists (although there may be the odd one who is the same in both cases and generally summarised as contrarians or possibly budgie trolls).

From my own perspective, I am over the moon to be in the position we are in and it’s great to see the changes on and off the pitch that are taking place. However, despite the on field performances having improved significantly, we still have plenty of weaknesses and history most likely plays a role in my fears that form is starting to dip right around the time it did last time we looked to be walking to promotion in this league. After the 15+ years fans have endured, it’s perfectly understandable to be worried about teams above pulling away from us and teams below us catching us up and make no mistake, that’s what has been happening over the last “x” number of games.

I genuinely feel that we have a very good chance this season, but I stated a couple of months ago that January would be pivotal and that view hasn’t changed, we need another 3 quality players and to get rid of some underperformers/fringe players in order to maintain a high enough level of performance for automatic promotion, there’s too many good teams around us to hope what we have will be good enough, especially given the number of injuries we have sustained and no doubt, will pick up in the future.

I honestly think that even 1 signing could make the difference between auto promotion and play offs this season and that’s a quality number 9. I keep babbling on about him I know, but I genuinely think Whittaker is our best option from what we can realistically attain and the fact that it would immeasurably damage Plymouth at the same time almost makes it an imperative bit of business IMO.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Our fans amaze me! on 23:30 - Jan 1 with 628 viewsTractorFrog

To be fair, some are just trolling. One point in nine was hilarious.

And we are just trying not to get our hopes up, I think.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024