Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, a good result ? 21:48 - Dec 29 with 4228 viewsArnieM

Or 2 points dropped? Which is it ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So, a good result ? on 12:56 - Dec 30 with 342 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, a good result ? on 12:03 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

We had 3 shots outside the box last night didn't ? Evans, Chaplin and Morsy..

When a side is sitting so deep and gifting you space to get shots off.... having more efforts wouldn't have been a negative.

Evans 22 min open play, easy save
Morsy 35 min open play, easy save, keeper spills but has plenty of time to collect
Harness 48 min open play, poor attempt weak and wide, keeper collects comfortably
Chaplin 55 min, free kick, into wall
Ladapo 72 min about to attempt shot but is tackled as shoots
Chaplin 82 min high and wide, goal kick
Morsy 87 min on target, comfortable save but spilt, Chaplin poaches rebound for a goal

I make that 6 shots from outside the box and 1 attempt to that didn't happen because he was tackled on top of that. There really weren't many other times we had the opportunity to shoot from outside the box either.

Pompey btw:
4 min Pack (goal from FK)
71 min No 6 open play, weak and wide Walton comfortably collects

You do realise that most shots from outside the box are a cheap turn over of possession too?

EDIT: And, yes I did just watch the whole match through again rather than randomly pick a number based on the ones that stuck in my mind.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 12:58]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, a good result ? on 13:03 - Dec 30 with 298 viewsFrimleyBlue

So, a good result ? on 12:56 - Dec 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Evans 22 min open play, easy save
Morsy 35 min open play, easy save, keeper spills but has plenty of time to collect
Harness 48 min open play, poor attempt weak and wide, keeper collects comfortably
Chaplin 55 min, free kick, into wall
Ladapo 72 min about to attempt shot but is tackled as shoots
Chaplin 82 min high and wide, goal kick
Morsy 87 min on target, comfortable save but spilt, Chaplin poaches rebound for a goal

I make that 6 shots from outside the box and 1 attempt to that didn't happen because he was tackled on top of that. There really weren't many other times we had the opportunity to shoot from outside the box either.

Pompey btw:
4 min Pack (goal from FK)
71 min No 6 open play, weak and wide Walton comfortably collects

You do realise that most shots from outside the box are a cheap turn over of possession too?

EDIT: And, yes I did just watch the whole match through again rather than randomly pick a number based on the ones that stuck in my mind.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 12:58]

I'm not interested in pompys figures as we weren't sat with 9 players in our Box and they weren't trying to break us down with no answer.

So 5 in total across 90 minutes of football.
( don't think you can count a freekick as that's a given and ladapo not even having one certainly doesn't count.

Donacien had 3 opportunities to have a go. Burns had a couple. Chaplin had 2 further opportunities. Aluko had 1. Harness had 2 more where he stopped then played back to davis.

Yes shots can lead to turn over into possession. But shots can also lead to goals. Which is what happened with morsy at the end.

I'm also not saying shoot on sight either. But when the defence is sitting so deep and you are finding it hard to create goal scoring opportunities... hit it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So, a good result ? on 13:15 - Dec 30 with 280 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, a good result ? on 13:03 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

I'm not interested in pompys figures as we weren't sat with 9 players in our Box and they weren't trying to break us down with no answer.

So 5 in total across 90 minutes of football.
( don't think you can count a freekick as that's a given and ladapo not even having one certainly doesn't count.

Donacien had 3 opportunities to have a go. Burns had a couple. Chaplin had 2 further opportunities. Aluko had 1. Harness had 2 more where he stopped then played back to davis.

Yes shots can lead to turn over into possession. But shots can also lead to goals. Which is what happened with morsy at the end.

I'm also not saying shoot on sight either. But when the defence is sitting so deep and you are finding it hard to create goal scoring opportunities... hit it.

Donacien had 2 opportunities to. They were from over 20 yards out and wide of the goal.

Your answer is to get Donacien to shoot from there instead of playing Burns in for him to put a good cross into the box.

Burns did not have any opportunities to. Please state when they were because I have just watched the whole match through and he didn't. Again, I am not sure when you are claiming Aluko and Harness did. Watching at double speed, if they had half a second to get a shot away I missed it. They would have been tackled like Ladapo was so their attempts would not have counted as an attempt.

6 of our 7 attempts led to turn over of possession. 1 in 7 led to a goal.

The defence sitting deep actually makes long shots more difficult. They are tackled and blocked and there is not time to get them away. Unless you are talking about shooting from 40+ yards. If that is the case, I could have added in Walton's "shot" that went through to the keeper.

So, a good result ? on 13:23 - Dec 30 with 264 viewsFrimleyBlue

So, a good result ? on 13:15 - Dec 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Donacien had 2 opportunities to. They were from over 20 yards out and wide of the goal.

Your answer is to get Donacien to shoot from there instead of playing Burns in for him to put a good cross into the box.

Burns did not have any opportunities to. Please state when they were because I have just watched the whole match through and he didn't. Again, I am not sure when you are claiming Aluko and Harness did. Watching at double speed, if they had half a second to get a shot away I missed it. They would have been tackled like Ladapo was so their attempts would not have counted as an attempt.

6 of our 7 attempts led to turn over of possession. 1 in 7 led to a goal.

The defence sitting deep actually makes long shots more difficult. They are tackled and blocked and there is not time to get them away. Unless you are talking about shooting from 40+ yards. If that is the case, I could have added in Walton's "shot" that went through to the keeper.

The chances donacien had were in a near same position as Fleetwood had. Why not give it a go. Burns wasn't getting any luck with his crosses, so yeah have a go.

And without watching it back I can't tell you exactly when the others were but just remember pointing out to my son where I'd have wanted them to have a go. With alukos from memory it was when he had space ahead but he turned away and we ended up going the other way.

I'm curious what the answer is tho. If it's not shooting from afar and its not passing it into a crowded box.. and it's not putting on another striker etc. What is the answer to breaking down sides who sit in their own half. With this squad.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So, a good result ? on 13:30 - Dec 30 with 249 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, a good result ? on 13:23 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

The chances donacien had were in a near same position as Fleetwood had. Why not give it a go. Burns wasn't getting any luck with his crosses, so yeah have a go.

And without watching it back I can't tell you exactly when the others were but just remember pointing out to my son where I'd have wanted them to have a go. With alukos from memory it was when he had space ahead but he turned away and we ended up going the other way.

I'm curious what the answer is tho. If it's not shooting from afar and its not passing it into a crowded box.. and it's not putting on another striker etc. What is the answer to breaking down sides who sit in their own half. With this squad.

Aluko never "had space ahead". He turned away from a challenge. I have just watched the whole thing back. Because you might not have noticed the Pompey player in the way it doesn't change that he never had any time or space to get a shot away closer than around 40 yards from goal.

I don't know what Fleetwood opportunity you are referring to but Donacien's chance to shoot from outside the box was wide of the corner of the box. You are asking a lot of him to shoot effectively from there. Chaplin and Harness wasted their opportunities from the same distance in line with the corner of the 6-yard area. He made a far better decision putting Burns in to put a cross in.

Interestingly, I did think at the time perhaps Donacien could have shot before thinking it wouldn't be a strength of his game so it would have been a waste. On watching again it was no way a decent shooting chance even for a player with long range shooting as a strength. Scan through the second half to see it. It was around 50-75 min if I recall correctly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024