Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the Melborune game been covered? 13:28 - Dec 17 with 2138 viewsbluelagos

Match abandoned after Victory fans stormed pitch and attached the opposition goalie. Like proper - he got walloped with a bin. Looks like he threw a flare back into the crowd just before that.

Nasty sh1t.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 13:47 - Dec 17 with 2044 viewsIllinoisblue

Was the bin full of flour? (Obviously not the main concern here, but where is that cloud of powder coming from when the bin is thrown?)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 13:54 - Dec 17 with 2004 viewsbluelagos

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 13:47 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

Was the bin full of flour? (Obviously not the main concern here, but where is that cloud of powder coming from when the bin is thrown?)

So looking at social media - the background was that in the week the APL (Aussie FA) awarded the next 3 years finals to the city of Sydney - previously they were dependent on who was in them.

Seems that this hasn't gone down well with fans of clubs outside of Sydney - and there have been protests planned against this with a planned walk out on 20 mins of this match.

Looks like there were loads of pyro - as part of the protests - from both sets of fans. Goalie took exception to one and tossed it back into the crowd. That's when all hell broke loose.

The bins I guess are used for the pyro - put them in a bin with sand - to stop them? So am guessing that was what was used to clobber the goalie (assuming no one carries a bin around with them) ?

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 14:45 - Dec 17 with 1843 viewsIllinoisblue

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 13:54 - Dec 17 by bluelagos

So looking at social media - the background was that in the week the APL (Aussie FA) awarded the next 3 years finals to the city of Sydney - previously they were dependent on who was in them.

Seems that this hasn't gone down well with fans of clubs outside of Sydney - and there have been protests planned against this with a planned walk out on 20 mins of this match.

Looks like there were loads of pyro - as part of the protests - from both sets of fans. Goalie took exception to one and tossed it back into the crowd. That's when all hell broke loose.

The bins I guess are used for the pyro - put them in a bin with sand - to stop them? So am guessing that was what was used to clobber the goalie (assuming no one carries a bin around with them) ?

Crazy scenes.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 17:57 - Dec 17 with 1629 viewsYarraBlue

My son and I went to that game tonight. It could've been a lot worse. Hats off to the referee and a steward for partially shielding their keeper. Police were nowhere to be seen.

Yes, the 'Grand Final' (similar to the play off final - determines who wins the competition) has been sold to Sydney for the next three years, which is a stupid, money-grabbing idea. So lots of flares were set off at 20 minutes. Both sets of fans unveiled banners objecting to the sale. One flare narrowly missed a cameraman, then their keeper threw a flare back into the main body of Victory fans and they invaded the pitch.

So the referee takes the players off the pitch. The 'active area' fans (incl the pitch invaders) then do a planned walk out at 20 minutes. There any no announcements for 30-35 minutes, and we only realised the match is abandoned because the City players come back out onto the pitch in flip flops.

Utter shambles.
Has the Melborune game been covered? on 18:17 - Dec 17 with 1583 viewsbluelagos

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 17:57 - Dec 17 by YarraBlue

My son and I went to that game tonight. It could've been a lot worse. Hats off to the referee and a steward for partially shielding their keeper. Police were nowhere to be seen.

Yes, the 'Grand Final' (similar to the play off final - determines who wins the competition) has been sold to Sydney for the next three years, which is a stupid, money-grabbing idea. So lots of flares were set off at 20 minutes. Both sets of fans unveiled banners objecting to the sale. One flare narrowly missed a cameraman, then their keeper threw a flare back into the main body of Victory fans and they invaded the pitch.

So the referee takes the players off the pitch. The 'active area' fans (incl the pitch invaders) then do a planned walk out at 20 minutes. There any no announcements for 30-35 minutes, and we only realised the match is abandoned because the City players come back out onto the pitch in flip flops.

Utter shambles.

Cheers for the post.

For Twtdrs some more on the events reported in the G.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/17/melbourne-a-league-derby-abando

[Redacted] on 07:44 - Dec 18 with 1405 viewsvictorywilhappen

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 18:17 - Dec 17 by bluelagos

Cheers for the post.

For Twtdrs some more on the events reported in the G.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/17/melbourne-a-league-derby-abando

[Redacted]
Has the Melborune game been covered? on 10:21 - Dec 19 with 1125 viewsbluelagos

Just spotted an update from down under:

Bucket guy was "...charged with violent disorder, criminal damage, unlawful assault, entry to competition space, disrupting a match, public nuisance and riotous behaviour."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/19/melbourne-victorys-deadline-to-

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 13:05 - Dec 19 with 1033 viewsTangledupin_Blue

They mentioned this on 6 o'clock news this morning. The Aussie reporter said that flares were thrown onto the pitch. I was imagining lupins or gladioli or similar...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 13:12 - Dec 19 with 1023 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 17:57 - Dec 17 by YarraBlue

Utter shambles.

One assumes the keeper will be in trouble as well for chucking the flare into the crowd.

There have been times in the past decade or so that a few of Town's players may as well have been wearing flip-flops!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Has the Melborune game been covered? on 13:52 - Dec 19 with 956 viewsDyland

Crazy stuff. I'm not condoning the assault in any way but throwing the flare back into the crowd is shockingly stupid.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024