Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easy hotel Ipswich 13:15 - Nov 2 with 6091 viewsITFC_RDM

Anyone ever stayed there? If so, is it passable for a bed and a shower for the night of the Cheltenham game?

Penta has gone up 50% since I stayed there the day of the Pompey game.
Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:32 - Nov 2 with 4594 viewsITFC_RDM

Also, other recommendations are welcome! Cheers.
Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:35 - Nov 2 with 4588 viewsSikamikanico

Passable for bed and shower. Small rooms but that's why they are cheap.

If you opt for a room without a window it can be disorientating in the mornings when hungover and you have failed to charge your mobile phone.
Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:38 - Nov 2 with 4558 viewsITFC_RDM

Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:35 - Nov 2 by Sikamikanico

If you opt for a room without a window it can be disorientating in the mornings when hungover and you have failed to charge your mobile phone.

Excellent. much appreciated. I'll be sure to get a room with a window.
Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:44 - Nov 2 with 4532 viewsDJR

Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:32 - Nov 2 by ITFC_RDM

Also, other recommendations are welcome! Cheers.

I would suggest the following. It has windows, is clean, and has a car park and off-street parking after 6pm. It's also pretty close to the ground. The breakfast is, however, a take-away bag.

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=375654&label=msn-7%2Ah3

EDIT: Sorry, if it's not clear, I meant the Carlton Hotel at the top of the list.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2022 14:05]
Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:46 - Nov 2 with 4520 viewsSteve_M

Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:44 - Nov 2 by DJR

I would suggest the following. It has windows, is clean, and has a car park and off-street parking after 6pm. It's also pretty close to the ground. The breakfast is, however, a take-away bag.

EDIT: Sorry, if it's not clear, I meant the Carlton Hotel at the top of the list.

Yes, friends of mine stayed there after the Derby game. It’s perfectly ok for the OP’s requirements.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:53 - Nov 2 with 4479 viewsTheBoyBlue

Stayed there a few weeks ago.

If all you want is a bed and somewhere to wash and go to the toilet, then there's nothing wrong with it. It was clean and functional.

We had a window that just looked out into the middle of the building, which in hindsight I'm glad we had as someone else I knew didn't and said it was really disconcerting not having any daylight in the morning!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:54 - Nov 2 with 4469 viewsStu_Magoo

Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:35 - Nov 2 by Sikamikanico

I second this as I've done exactly the same thing! Was all a bit B.A Baracus "How'd I git hee?" 😂
Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:57 - Nov 2 with 4443 viewshomer_123

Be prepared to pay extra for bed, mattress, pillow, duvet, water, window, shower, toilet, toilet paper etc etc

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Easy hotel Ipswich on 14:06 - Nov 2 with 4368 viewsIllinoisblue

Done one in London after a day of flying and it was totally fine for what it cost. Clean bed and hot water. All good

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Easy hotel Ipswich on 14:38 - Nov 2 with 4235 viewsSitfcB

Yes it’s fine.

Stayed in a room without a window and actually liked the feeling of not having any idea what time of day it was when I woke up

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Easy hotel Ipswich on 14:46 - Nov 2 with 4178 viewsBlueBadger

Easy hotel Ipswich on 14:38 - Nov 2 by SitfcB

Yes it’s fine.

Stayed in a room without a window and actually liked the feeling of not having any idea what time of day it was when I woke up

Isn't that EVERY day for you though?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Easy hotel Ipswich on 14:47 - Nov 2 with 4185 viewsITFC_RDM

Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:57 - Nov 2 by homer_123

Be prepared to pay extra for bed, mattress, pillow, duvet, water, window, shower, toilet, toilet paper etc etc

Tis turned out to be a fair point, it was £31 extra for a window. Probably want to keep the window for that price.

Stuck with what I know and booked the Penta. Thanks for the reviews and suggestions.
Easy hotel Ipswich on 15:13 - Nov 2 with 4075 viewsExiled2Surrey

I also stayed there once midweek and it did the job OK - certainly better than the ref / linesman that game with a bewildering disallowing of a goal, but not as well as Tomas Holy with a tremendous penalty save
Easy hotel Ipswich on 17:45 - Nov 2 with 3783 viewsWeWereZombies

Easy hotel Ipswich on 14:47 - Nov 2 by ITFC_RDM

Tis turned out to be a fair point, it was £31 extra for a window. Probably want to keep the window for that price.

Stuck with what I know and booked the Penta. Thanks for the reviews and suggestions.

I've stayed at the Easy Hotel in Ipswich once, possibly the most bland place I have ever stayed in and quite basic, to be honest I would think twice about paying £31 for a room with a window let alone extra to have a window. I find Ipswich, and Suffolk in general, quite poor for 'cheap' accommodation and would opt for a bit of quality, even if it means paying seventy or eighty quid a night.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Easy hotel Ipswich on 18:22 - Nov 2 with 3712 viewshoppy

Although I see you've opted to stay elsewhere, worth just mentioning on this thread that there is no parking available at the easyHotel - so you'd need to pay for parking nearby anyway.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Easy hotel Ipswich on 08:54 - Nov 3 with 3293 viewsLeaky

Easy hotel Ipswich on 13:44 - Nov 2 by DJR

Stayed at the Carlton a few years back for work, wasn't impressed. Used to stay at the Cameo at Copdock however a bit out of the town.
Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:01 - Nov 3 with 3263 viewsitfcjoe

Easy hotel Ipswich on 08:54 - Nov 3 by Leaky

Stayed at the Carlton a few years back for work, wasn't impressed. Used to stay at the Cameo at Copdock however a bit out of the town.

I think that is one that has been taken over by the Home Office currently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:26 - Nov 3 with 3230 viewsPinewoodblue

Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:01 - Nov 3 by itfcjoe

I think that is one that has been taken over by the Home Office currently

One of the reasons Hotel prices are on the rise, fewer rooms available. A friend recently paid £135 for one night in a Premier Inn in Southampton and that didn’t include breakfast

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:31 - Nov 3 with 3196 viewsDJR

Easy hotel Ipswich on 08:54 - Nov 3 by Leaky

I have only used the Carlton recently, and maybe it has been updated since you stayed, but it seemed clean and spotless to me with a very modern bathroom. I also liked the fact that it had some character because it is an older building and so not like many soulless modern hotels.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 9:33]
Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:43 - Nov 3 with 3144 viewsITFC_RDM

Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:26 - Nov 3 by Pinewoodblue

One of the reasons Hotel prices are on the rise, fewer rooms available. A friend recently paid £135 for one night in a Premier Inn in Southampton and that didn’t include breakfast

Normally pay £70-£80 for the Penta in Ipswich, £107 this time round. fair old price rise in a month or so.
Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:53 - Nov 3 with 3107 viewsFreddies_Ears

Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:43 - Nov 3 by ITFC_RDM

Normally pay £70-£80 for the Penta in Ipswich, £107 this time round. fair old price rise in a month or so.

Novotel has been taken over by the govt, pending resolution of IBC'S injunction. So that is a lot of rooms taken out of the market. Penta is possible next best option for business travellers.

Prices are up generally around the country though. Where hotels are short of staff, they are selling just some of their rooms, at high prices, rather than drop prices to fill the place.
Easy hotel Ipswich on 11:16 - Nov 3 with 3035 viewsLeaky

Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:31 - Nov 3 by DJR

I have only used the Carlton recently, and maybe it has been updated since you stayed, but it seemed clean and spotless to me with a very modern bathroom. I also liked the fact that it had some character because it is an older building and so not like many soulless modern hotels.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 9:33]

I hope it has improved, could have changed ownership since i last stayed there
Easy hotel Ipswich on 12:38 - Nov 3 with 2969 viewsDJR

Easy hotel Ipswich on 11:16 - Nov 3 by Leaky

I hope it has improved, could have changed ownership since i last stayed there

It did strike me it has had an overhaul because it seemed freshly painted.

By the way, has anyone ever stayed at the Station Hotel? It's relatively cheap but I assume could be a bit noisy.

I chose not to use it last time because of a bad experience in Pontefract at what I thought was a decent hotel but turned out to be a grotty room above a pub, with a disco until 2am and a perpetual queue outside for the mini-cab office next door.

Actually, Pontefract on a Saturday night was an experience with all the pubs packed at 5pm and all blaring out music. They obviously like their Saturday nights out "oop North".
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 12:40]
Easy hotel Ipswich on 15:09 - Nov 3 with 2806 viewshoppy

Easy hotel Ipswich on 09:53 - Nov 3 by Freddies_Ears

Novotel has been taken over by the govt, pending resolution of IBC'S injunction. So that is a lot of rooms taken out of the market. Penta is possible next best option for business travellers.

Prices are up generally around the country though. Where hotels are short of staff, they are selling just some of their rooms, at high prices, rather than drop prices to fill the place.

Novotel apparently has 101 rooms, EasyHotel has 89... wouldn't it have made more sense to have taken over the easyhotel, leaving the Novotel to be bookable for business travellers and functions etc, possibly, given the Easyhotel doesn't have those facilities, but provides bedrooms?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Easy hotel Ipswich on 17:18 - Nov 3 with 2701 viewsjontysnut

Easy hotel Ipswich on 12:38 - Nov 3 by DJR

It did strike me it has had an overhaul because it seemed freshly painted.

By the way, has anyone ever stayed at the Station Hotel? It's relatively cheap but I assume could be a bit noisy.

I chose not to use it last time because of a bad experience in Pontefract at what I thought was a decent hotel but turned out to be a grotty room above a pub, with a disco until 2am and a perpetual queue outside for the mini-cab office next door.

Actually, Pontefract on a Saturday night was an experience with all the pubs packed at 5pm and all blaring out music. They obviously like their Saturday nights out "oop North".
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 12:40]

Ponte Carlo and Cas Vegas. Pontefract was first place I saw 5 litre 'sharing' tubes of lager. People were having one each.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024