Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Restricted view seats 10:55 - Sep 23 with 2035 viewsglasso

Maybe I'm being daft, but having looked at all the restricted view seats now on sale for the Pompey game.... why have we got so many?!

I get the odd pillar here and there, given they're needed to hold the roof up. But it seems as though the West Stand's back few rows are ALL restricted, presumably by the roof itself.

Who builds a roof that blocks the view of the pitch?

Or has something changed over time that means the view is NOW restricted but wasn't when it was built?
Restricted view seats on 11:06 - Sep 23 with 1980 viewsCheltenham_Blue

They aren't really 'restricted'

[Post edited 23 Sep 2022 11:06]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Restricted view seats on 11:09 - Sep 23 with 1961 viewsJakeITFC

The pillars are in front of the last few rows, every block or so. Some seats will be better than overs but you'll definitely have at least some of the pitch obscured by them.
Restricted view seats on 11:20 - Sep 23 with 1899 viewsSitfcB

The roof doesn’t block the pitch at all, it’s all the pillars, one/two in every block, view will be restricted in some small way for most but if people can move their heads it’s not that bad.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Restricted view seats on 11:21 - Sep 23 with 1890 viewsbournemouthblue

Restricted view seats on 11:20 - Sep 23 by SitfcB

The roof doesn’t block the pitch at all, it’s all the pillars, one/two in every block, view will be restricted in some small way for most but if people can move their heads it’s not that bad.

Some seats are directly behind pillars as well!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Restricted view seats on 11:27 - Sep 23 with 1854 viewsFtnfwest

New(ish) structure built on top of an old stand using the technology of the time (as far as budget could stretch - or in fact not as it turned out). Although with the Cobbold it was built like that from scratch. Prior to those times stands were built with roof supporting columns as well so it was seen as an improvement i guess.
Restricted view seats on 22:04 - Sep 23 with 1512 viewsbournemouthblue

Restricted view seats on 11:27 - Sep 23 by Ftnfwest

New(ish) structure built on top of an old stand using the technology of the time (as far as budget could stretch - or in fact not as it turned out). Although with the Cobbold it was built like that from scratch. Prior to those times stands were built with roof supporting columns as well so it was seen as an improvement i guess.

In the Premier League, they did have plans to replace the roof with a new light weight structure to let light I. Also but obviously that was shelved

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024