Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral 11:25 - Sep 20 with 1884 viewsblueasfook

for not crying enough?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62965596

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:06 - Sep 20 with 1742 viewsRyorry

One eejit tried to rollerblade through the roadblocks, weaving past all the coppers manning them & shouting at him to stop, directly to the car Charles & Camilla were travelling in - then blubbed like a babby when they eventually caught & wrestled him to the ground "I'm innocent, I was only roller-blading, I thought the road was open, how was I to know it was closed?"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:29 - Sep 20 with 1652 viewsGunnsAirkick

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:06 - Sep 20 by Ryorry

One eejit tried to rollerblade through the roadblocks, weaving past all the coppers manning them & shouting at him to stop, directly to the car Charles & Camilla were travelling in - then blubbed like a babby when they eventually caught & wrestled him to the ground "I'm innocent, I was only roller-blading, I thought the road was open, how was I to know it was closed?"

I have to admit I got taken in by that one. Saw the footage of him being arrested and thought it was an honest mistake on his part and very heavy handed by the Police.

When you look at the other angle though, he deliberately dodges one copper then goes past a 'Road Closed' sign. They really had no choice but to be heavy handed as it looked like he might be targeting the motorcade from the other angle.
67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:30 - Sep 20 with 1640 viewsChurchman

He was lucky he wasn’t shot dead. There are countries where he might well have been.
67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:36 - Sep 20 with 1612 viewsRyorry

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:29 - Sep 20 by GunnsAirkick

I have to admit I got taken in by that one. Saw the footage of him being arrested and thought it was an honest mistake on his part and very heavy handed by the Police.

When you look at the other angle though, he deliberately dodges one copper then goes past a 'Road Closed' sign. They really had no choice but to be heavy handed as it looked like he might be targeting the motorcade from the other angle.

This was the longer clip you're referring to I think? (from Fear & Lothians)

@Churchman - listen out for the woman in crowd yelling "shoot him"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:40 - Sep 20 with 1588 viewsGlasgowBlue

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:29 - Sep 20 by GunnsAirkick

As soon as I saw it was Lowkey who was posting the first clip it became fairly obvious not to take it at face value.

I see the original clip he linked has since been deleted.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 12:41]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 13:37 - Sep 20 with 1404 viewsblueasfook

I saw that the other day, yes. I had to chuckle seeing him being wheeled along on his rollerblades by the coppers!

As others have said, in other countries, he would have been shot first, questions asked later.

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 14:05 - Sep 20 with 1277 viewsChurchman

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 13:37 - Sep 20 by blueasfook

I saw that the other day, yes. I had to chuckle seeing him being wheeled along on his rollerblades by the coppers!

As others have said, in other countries, he would have been shot first, questions asked later.

I know it’s one to tell your mates, good laugh down the pub, cool and exciting to break the rules, ignore the signs etc - especially when you are young. In this instance though, he could easily have found himself in a world of trouble.

Not only that, the people who have to deal with this stuff have quite enough to worry about without a rollerblading numbnuts doing that.
67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 14:19 - Sep 20 with 1231 viewsNthQldITFC

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 12:30 - Sep 20 by Churchman

He was lucky he wasn’t shot dead. There are countries where he might well have been.

Don't worry, Liz and Suella are on this already. The coppers are all going to be issued with tiny little miniature stingers in a velcroed down pocket of their flak jackets from next week apparently. Whether they'll have time to get them out, fill in the paperwork, and deploy them when they see a potential miscreant approaching is another matter.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 14:37 - Sep 20 with 1162 viewsbaxterbasics

Yeah nice example of "Fck around and find out" as Americans would say.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 14:44 - Sep 20 with 1148 viewsMattinLondon

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 13:37 - Sep 20 by blueasfook

He wasn’t black then.
67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 14:48 - Sep 20 with 1133 viewsleitrimblue

66 for not grovelling harder enough to their masters?
67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 14:54 - Sep 20 with 1098 viewsblueasfook

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 14:44 - Sep 20 by MattinLondon

He wasn’t black then.

Oh you mean the drill rapper who had previous convictions for firearms offences driving a car also linked to firearms offences? He wasnt shot for "being black". He was shot because he would have been flagged up as high risk individual by the officers trying to stop him. If you or I had those kind of markers on our police record, we would equally be stopped by armed response officers I would bet. How he actually came to be shot during the stop is a matter for the investigation.

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 15:51 - Sep 20 with 966 viewsjeera

67 People arrested at the Queen's Funeral on 14:54 - Sep 20 by blueasfook

Oh you mean the drill rapper who had previous convictions for firearms offences driving a car also linked to firearms offences? He wasnt shot for "being black". He was shot because he would have been flagged up as high risk individual by the officers trying to stop him. If you or I had those kind of markers on our police record, we would equally be stopped by armed response officers I would bet. How he actually came to be shot during the stop is a matter for the investigation.

It was the car that was flagged up by an automated system, not the driver.

The offences you refer to were when he was a teenager for which he served time.

The car was hemmed in and the unarmed driver was shot through the head.

That much is widely reported so far.

Keep at that agenda though.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024