Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the SW fans forum 12:54 - Sep 18 with 2711 viewsEdwardF

''let’s be honest the two big decisions went for us. Our goal looked offside and they should have had a penalty''

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

From the SW fans forum on 13:04 - Sep 18 with 2586 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

I wasn't aware there was any discussion of a penalty! When was that?
From the SW fans forum on 13:44 - Sep 18 with 2445 viewsMetal_Hacker

Welll living up here in Sheffield it’s been completely different. Customer and mates of mine up here who are Weds fans have suggested nothing other than the officials did us a favour. I suggested they visit the nearest Spec Savers. In fairness the ref was pony yesterday

Problem with Weds fans as a whole , is that they seem to think they have a divine right to be promoted and are too big for League One. Hearing he slaver from them first hand this morning at football was painful

Onwards and upwards

Poll: If it were one or the other

From the SW fans forum on 13:47 - Sep 18 with 2396 viewsjeera

From the SW fans forum on 13:44 - Sep 18 by Metal_Hacker

Welll living up here in Sheffield it’s been completely different. Customer and mates of mine up here who are Weds fans have suggested nothing other than the officials did us a favour. I suggested they visit the nearest Spec Savers. In fairness the ref was pony yesterday

Problem with Weds fans as a whole , is that they seem to think they have a divine right to be promoted and are too big for League One. Hearing he slaver from them first hand this morning at football was painful

Onwards and upwards

How do they feel about fans intimidating the officials trying to influence the game's outcome?

I'm sure they have a fair-minded view on that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

From the SW fans forum on 13:57 - Sep 18 with 2323 viewsMetal_Hacker

From the SW fans forum on 13:47 - Sep 18 by jeera

How do they feel about fans intimidating the officials trying to influence the game's outcome?

I'm sure they have a fair-minded view on that.

I did suggest a that to a number of them this morning and apparently it was the official’s fault for being so poor

There’s nothing like an incensed Yorkshireman with a very one sided mindset - pretty much most of them albeit salt of the earth most of the time

Don’t think they understood what I was trying to suggest as per your point Jeera

Just remember , they’re too good for this league
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 13:59]

From the SW fans forum on 14:01 - Sep 18 with 2248 viewsjeera

From the SW fans forum on 13:57 - Sep 18 by Metal_Hacker

I did suggest a that to a number of them this morning and apparently it was the official’s fault for being so poor

There’s nothing like an incensed Yorkshireman with a very one sided mindset - pretty much most of them albeit salt of the earth most of the time

Don’t think they understood what I was trying to suggest as per your point Jeera

Just remember , they’re too good for this league
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 13:59]

Too much time spent alone with their skinny dogs stuffing themselves with batter-based puddings, that's the problem.

From the SW fans forum on 14:05 - Sep 18 with 2194 viewsMetal_Hacker

From the SW fans forum on 14:01 - Sep 18 by jeera

Too much time spent alone with their skinny dogs stuffing themselves with batter-based puddings, that's the problem.

Haha slightly harsh and stereotypical view but I get your point

My Mrs is from Rotherham and neither does she have a skinny dog or eat battered puddings but she is very single minded and blinkered at times

Think it’s a Yorkshire trait - salt of the earth really (for the most )

Passionate bunch of fans but their behaviour yesterday was as below poor

We live on the Blades side of the city which has a very different customer
base

From the SW fans forum on 14:08 - Sep 18 with 2180 viewsjeera

From the SW fans forum on 14:05 - Sep 18 by Metal_Hacker

Haha slightly harsh and stereotypical view but I get your point

My Mrs is from Rotherham and neither does she have a skinny dog or eat battered puddings but she is very single minded and blinkered at times

Think it’s a Yorkshire trait - salt of the earth really (for the most )

Passionate bunch of fans but their behaviour yesterday was as below poor

We live on the Blades side of the city which has a very different customer
base

"My Mrs is from Rotherham and neither does she have a skinny dog or eat battered puddings but she is very single minded and blinkered at times".

Please say she at least has a flat cap.

Checked preferably!

From the SW fans forum on 14:20 - Sep 18 with 2123 viewsVic

Onwards and upwards

You spelled Town fans wrong at the start of your thought paragraph!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

From the SW fans forum on 14:50 - Sep 18 with 1990 viewspointofblue

Onwards and upwards

Reading their forum, the majority seem to think he was poor for both sides.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

From the SW fans forum on 15:09 - Sep 18 with 1891 viewsWeirdFishes

Onwards and upwards

I lived in Sheffield for four years and am still close friends with some Wednesday fans. The delusions of grandeur is on another level with that club, genuinely think a lot of them feel they should be a top half premier league side.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

From the SW fans forum on 15:23 - Sep 18 with 1782 viewspatrickswell

From the SW fans forum on 15:09 - Sep 18 by WeirdFishes

I lived in Sheffield for four years and am still close friends with some Wednesday fans. The delusions of grandeur is on another level with that club, genuinely think a lot of them feel they should be a top half premier league side.

The set-up is all there for them to do that, in fairness. Just a shame for them that Chansiri turned out to be their Marcus Evans - promotion or bust for two years followed by vegetation.

They've struggled to get their act together for a long time though. This is their sixth season playing in the third tier out of the last 19 - over 3 separate spells.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 15:24]
From the SW fans forum on 15:52 - Sep 18 with 1621 viewsWeirdFishes

From the SW fans forum on 15:23 - Sep 18 by patrickswell

The set-up is all there for them to do that, in fairness. Just a shame for them that Chansiri turned out to be their Marcus Evans - promotion or bust for two years followed by vegetation.

They've struggled to get their act together for a long time though. This is their sixth season playing in the third tier out of the last 19 - over 3 separate spells.

They've bottled the play-offs I think 3 times in about 6 years now, once in the championship final, could have been very different for Chansiri if they'd beaten Hull that day. The ones I know can't stand him and the comparison with Evans is spot on. They spent huge money about 5 years ago or so.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

From the SW fans forum on 15:58 - Sep 18 with 1577 viewsChrisd

Onwards and upwards

Let’s not pretend we don’t have our fair share of those type supporters too, who believe we are too big for L1. We are where we deserve to be, like Sheffield Wednesday. The history and prestige counts for nothing as both clubs have been poorly run in recent times and here we are.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

From the SW fans forum on 16:17 - Sep 18 with 1480 viewsMetal_Hacker

From the SW fans forum on 15:58 - Sep 18 by Chrisd

Let’s not pretend we don’t have our fair share of those type supporters too, who believe we are too big for L1. We are where we deserve to be, like Sheffield Wednesday. The history and prestige counts for nothing as both clubs have been poorly run in recent times and here we are.

I don’t see your point - I’m far from blind of some of our fan’s viewpoint but that isn’t the topic right now

Separate thread needed I’d suggest

Simply trying to offer a first hand conversation and feeling from the locals up here

From the SW fans forum on 16:33 - Sep 18 with 1375 viewsAndy1867

From the SW fans forum on 15:23 - Sep 18 by patrickswell

nowt wrong with a bit of delusion, 20 odd k don't keep tipping up without being just a little deluded...Some of your mob will be exactly the same..or you wouldn't get those gates.
As A wednesday fan, yea..i'm a little deluded, but its the hope that drags you down there , although the delusion helps a little.
If you take your blue tinted specs off, and lose the delusion, the actual grim reality of paying the highest ticket prices in the league, actually paying more than your neighbours in the prem playing Liverpool as you tip out against Wycombe...The delusion bloody helps
I know very few Wednesday fans who don't accept we deserve to be where we are,
sure if you chat to an ipswich fan or any other fan, you defend your club, maybe it comes across as a bit delusional...but lets be honest most every football fan sings "we're by the greatest team..etc"...i mean FFS!...aren't we ALL a little bit that way?
As for the..."yea i know a few wednesday fans and they are delusional".load of crap really, a strawman argument to suit something that most bloody fans labour under...whats the point otherwise?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024