Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queue 05:55 - Sep 16 with 5152 viewsChondzoresk

Some are these people are oddballs. BBC news interviewing some woman who’s taken her Mums ashes in an urn to queue up and view the coffin. Because her Mum “loved the Queen”.
My late Dad loved ITFC, however, I’m not taking him with me to Sheffield Wednesday this Saturday.
The Queue on 01:36 - Sep 17 with 700 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The Queue on 14:08 - Sep 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I walked past it yesterday from the National Theatre to Blackfriars. Wasn't sure what it was for at first, given that's a fair distance from Westminster. Dunno how much further it went past Blackfriars as I was getting on a train there, but I concluded they're all as mad as a barrel of monkeys.

Not like you can even see her. I hate queuing at the best of times but queuing 16+ hours to look at a wooden box for a few seconds? Bonkers.

Whisper it quietly, but they won't even see a wooden box. It's draped in a Royal Standard. Could be anything under there.

There's a whole lot of projection of grief going on, and I get that, but, to be honest, most people in the queue would be better off spending the time showing someone who is alive that they love them.
The Queue on 06:59 - Sep 17 with 627 viewsWarkystache

The Queue on 14:08 - Sep 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

I walked past it yesterday from the National Theatre to Blackfriars. Wasn't sure what it was for at first, given that's a fair distance from Westminster. Dunno how much further it went past Blackfriars as I was getting on a train there, but I concluded they're all as mad as a barrel of monkeys.

Not like you can even see her. I hate queuing at the best of times but queuing 16+ hours to look at a wooden box for a few seconds? Bonkers.

We went yesterday. It was incredibly moving once you got in Westminster Hall. We queued from 8.30am and got in at 7.45-ish. I'll do a report tomorrow.

I'm glad i never saw you. Would have made it feel like a home game if you'd stood two rows in front of me! I'm off to bed in a tic as we got the last train home and didn't get to sleep at all last night (Paula's working tomorrow so she's got today off as well).

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

The Queue on 07:47 - Sep 17 with 602 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Queue on 06:59 - Sep 17 by Warkystache

We went yesterday. It was incredibly moving once you got in Westminster Hall. We queued from 8.30am and got in at 7.45-ish. I'll do a report tomorrow.

I'm glad i never saw you. Would have made it feel like a home game if you'd stood two rows in front of me! I'm off to bed in a tic as we got the last train home and didn't get to sleep at all last night (Paula's working tomorrow so she's got today off as well).

Relieved to know you made it back....
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/16/man-detained-after-disturbance-a

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Queue on 07:50 - Sep 17 with 602 viewsChurchman

I haven’t seen anyone that did this that hasn’t felt the same way. I look forward to hearing about it when you’ve recovered!
The Queue on 08:07 - Sep 17 with 595 viewsChurchman

People are doing this for all sorts of reasons. While it’s not something I’ve chosen to do, I respect the choice of people that have, whatever the reason. I understand it. I’ve found it quite moving to see too.

It’s easy to be cynical, mock, patronise, tear apart and rage, but now and again there’s a time to give it a rest for a little while. For me, this is such a time.
The Queue on 08:24 - Sep 17 with 562 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Queue on 07:50 - Sep 17 by Churchman

I haven’t seen anyone that did this that hasn’t felt the same way. I look forward to hearing about it when you’ve recovered!

12 hrs of queuing can do strange things to a person.
Miss Slave took news of Warky's pilgrimage badly!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Queue on 09:31 - Sep 17 with 513 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ha, well I wouldn't have been in front of you if you were in the queue. You'd never catch me doing that all day!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Queue on 09:56 - Sep 17 with 489 viewsfabian_illness

I'm hoping the queue dies down a little, going Tuesday.
Login to get fewer ads

The Queue on 19:45 - Sep 17 with 415 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ahhh, this is lovely.

It’s very…. (wait for it)…

…. queue-te

She’s going to eat him alive when they get somewhere private. Look at her look. Predatory! I’m not sure he’s realised

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Queue on 20:10 - Sep 17 with 377 viewsbungaytractor

The Queue on 19:45 - Sep 17 by Swansea_Blue

Ahhh, this is lovely.

It’s very…. (wait for it)…

…. queue-te

She’s going to eat him alive when they get somewhere private. Look at her look. Predatory! I’m not sure he’s realised

Bit direspectful trying to get her leg over when lining up to see the queen ,should know better really & plenty of time for that after
The Queue on 20:31 - Sep 17 with 355 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Queue on 20:10 - Sep 17 by bungaytractor

Bit direspectful trying to get her leg over when lining up to see the queen ,should know better really & plenty of time for that after

Lol. I’m sure a bit of ‘how’s your father’ is exactly what she would have wanted.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024