Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non league football 19:57 - Aug 21 with 1453 viewsVaughan8

I went to an FA cup game at the weekend at my local club.

I've been there a few times before and when I take my 5 year old son there usually near half time as they let people.on free after 30ish minutes. Yes I'm a cheapstake but I never know how long we will end up being there haha. I do usually buy a few drinks etc.

However, yesterday we turned up at nearly half time and they said that they couldn't let us in free until it was officially half time and they weren't overly polite about it. OK.....

What I want to know is, Is this an FA Cup rule or were they just being a bit awkward?
Non league football on 20:06 - Aug 21 with 1370 viewsFrimleyBlue

They were correct. Even at non league level, you do charge upto HT. After that it is then at clubs discretion.

We used to ask if they would like to offer a donation if they arrived at HT. Any little helps to a non league side.

But in regards to your question, they were correct but perhaps could have been nicer and explained it. ( away sides in fa cup gets a % of the crowd money)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Non league football on 20:41 - Aug 21 with 1254 viewsZXBlue

I think it is pretty crap even trying this. Non league clubs live hand to mouth. They do not charge much. Just pay your way?
Non league football on 21:03 - Aug 21 with 1193 viewssuffolkpoker

I used to do this every Saturday at the MCG, but I was back packing at the time.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Non league football on 23:34 - Aug 21 with 1001 viewsVaughan8

Non league football on 20:41 - Aug 21 by ZXBlue

I think it is pretty crap even trying this. Non league clubs live hand to mouth. They do not charge much. Just pay your way?

Haha I knew I'd get a response like this.

My son can barely last a half, let alone a whole game (unfortunately). Sometimes it is a lot less.

As I said, I know its cheap but I never know how long we will stay there. We buy a couple of drinks which goes into the clubs pocket. Its more than they would get if I just didn't go at all.

Judge me all you want, but least we aren't shouting at lino's and not knowing the rules.....!

EDIT: If I go on my own, or with my dad, we do pay btw.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 23:36]
Non league football on 00:31 - Aug 22 with 927 viewshoppy

I don’t know where your ‘local’ club is. At Ipswich Wanderers, as an example, as quite involved there, under 12s are free anyway, and adults are only £8… if you arrived at or near half time, would it be too much to pay half price, rather than expecting a free pass? It would only cost £4, but as said earlier in another reply, every little bit helps a club at that level. Buying drinks is always a help, but there’s a cost element to that, the cost on the gate is on one sense, pure profit to the club, but goes some way to contributing to other bigger expenses such as a bit more of a hidden cost - things like floodlights being able to be switched on etc

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Non league football on 08:58 - Aug 22 with 605 viewsnorfsufblue

Non league football on 20:41 - Aug 21 by ZXBlue

I know what you're saying and I understand the OP point too but the Premier League TV deals are worth £4.8 bn .... I know who I think should be making sure the little clubs survive.... it really is obscene the wealth of that organisation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024