Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR 16:29 - Aug 8 with 1944 viewshadleighboyblue

Don't know who the Co-commentator was , but thought he was excellent .

Worked well with Brenner , anyone know who it was , hopefully it wasn't a one off .

TV commentators lately seem more interested in spouting historical irrelevant facts , rather than commentating on the actual game .
Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 16:39 - Aug 8 with 1885 viewsDJR

I have a feeling his name was Barry something. He was described by Graham Mac in Final Whistle as a fan, but his analysis after the game was very good. I wish I could say the same about the in-house I-follow audio co-commentator. Still, the 15 minutes' silence at half time upped the quality a bit.

EDIT Listening back just now he was described as lifelong fan Barry Kent.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2022 16:45]
Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:29 - Aug 8 with 1663 viewsquad

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 16:39 - Aug 8 by DJR

I have a feeling his name was Barry something. He was described by Graham Mac in Final Whistle as a fan, but his analysis after the game was very good. I wish I could say the same about the in-house I-follow audio co-commentator. Still, the 15 minutes' silence at half time upped the quality a bit.

Is the audio co-commentator on I-follow the same as the co-commentator on the Full Match Video replay?? If so, I think it was Town's reserve keeper Nick Hayes and he was terrible.
Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:31 - Aug 8 with 1646 viewsmonty_radio

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 16:39 - Aug 8 by DJR

And Chauffeur to Brenner, I think.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:43 - Aug 8 with 1575 viewssoclopath

He was excellent,
Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:46 - Aug 8 with 1555 viewsDJR

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:31 - Aug 8 by monty_radio

And Chauffeur to Brenner, I think.

Maybe Radio Suffolk are having to economise having presumably lost some income for not being on I-follow.
Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:49 - Aug 8 with 1540 viewsDJR

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:29 - Aug 8 by quad

Is the audio co-commentator on I-follow the same as the co-commentator on the Full Match Video replay?? If so, I think it was Town's reserve keeper Nick Hayes and he was terrible.

Yes it was. and I had the misfortunate to listen to the audio-only coverage on Saturday. The thing is it cuts both ways in the sense that the commentator also plays a part in getting the co-commentator involved. I didn't get the impression that was happening on Saturday because the commentator was concentrating so hard on the commentary. It is this skill that Brenner is very good at, but he is such a professional you don't really realise it.
Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:55 - Aug 8 with 1521 viewsScuzzer

His name was Barry Kent and was described as a lifetime Town supporter. He was very clear with just the right amount of detail without wobbling on about trivial matters.
As much as I like Mick Mills I get very tired of his constant "yer knows".

Established 1968

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 19:58 - Aug 8 with 1382 viewsSitfcB

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:49 - Aug 8 by DJR

Yes it was. and I had the misfortunate to listen to the audio-only coverage on Saturday. The thing is it cuts both ways in the sense that the commentator also plays a part in getting the co-commentator involved. I didn't get the impression that was happening on Saturday because the commentator was concentrating so hard on the commentary. It is this skill that Brenner is very good at, but he is such a professional you don't really realise it.

Will be better tomorrow, Matt Holland is a regular on the radio with talksport.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 20:13 - Aug 8 with 1328 viewsmonty_radio

Radio Suffolk commentary on saturday at FGR on 18:46 - Aug 8 by DJR

Maybe Radio Suffolk are having to economise having presumably lost some income for not being on I-follow.

They have used him before as I recall. I used to attend games with him back in the sixties.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024