Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy the legend 00:24 - Jun 2 with 1611 viewsJamiebed

My partner has been referring to our painter and decorator as Tommy The Legend as been brilliant. Imagine my surprise on finding out recently he is literally a Town legend. Desperate to meet and buy him a beer.

Blog: Up and Down, We Follow

Tommy the legend on 21:19 - Jun 2 with 1218 viewsWakh

Tommy Parkin. No idea how he handles a brush. Perhaps i'll ask your Mrs.
Tommy the legend on 21:24 - Jun 2 with 1201 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tommy the legend on 21:19 - Jun 2 by Wakh

Tommy Parkin. No idea how he handles a brush. Perhaps i'll ask your Mrs.

You might need to leave it a while for him to get warmed up. He’s not the quickest off the mark - took him 15 years to get to 60 starts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tommy the legend on 21:34 - Jun 2 with 1164 viewsWakh

Tommy the legend on 21:24 - Jun 2 by Swansea_Blue

You might need to leave it a while for him to get warmed up. He’s not the quickest off the mark - took him 15 years to get to 60 starts.

Haha,

Does sound like he has scored for the first time too. We'll have to check with the OP's wife again so we can update his Wiki page.
Tommy the legend on 22:01 - Jun 2 with 1105 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tommy the legend on 21:34 - Jun 2 by Wakh

Haha,

Does sound like he has scored for the first time too. We'll have to check with the OP's wife again so we can update his Wiki page.

The fella should be more of a legend than he is. 15 years with us a primarily a rarely used sub (back when you only had 1 sub in his earlier years I suppose). That’s dedication.

Tommy the legend on 22:52 - Jun 2 with 993 viewsParisBlue

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/31-Players/2381-parkins-restrictions

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Tommy the legend on 23:11 - Jun 2 with 954 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tommy the legend on 22:01 - Jun 2 by Swansea_Blue

The fella should be more of a legend than he is. 15 years with us a primarily a rarely used sub (back when you only had 1 sub in his earlier years I suppose). That’s dedication.

Dedication or taking the money for no real work?!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tommy the legend on 23:17 - Jun 2 with 932 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tommy the legend on 22:52 - Jun 2 by ParisBlue

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/31-Players/2381-parkins-restrictions

Excellent write up.

He sounds like a very grounded and sensible fella. Who here wouldn’t have cherished to opportunity to train and sometimes play with SBR’s greats?

“He was happy to play reserve-team football, honest enough to realise that he had failed to take the opportunities to establish himself and that he was simply not as good as his contemporaries (“It was a pleasure to train and sometimes play with so many international stars,” he once said).”

Tommy the legend on 23:34 - Jun 2 with 908 viewsMattinLondon

Tommy the legend on 23:17 - Jun 2 by Swansea_Blue

Excellent write up.

He sounds like a very grounded and sensible fella. Who here wouldn’t have cherished to opportunity to train and sometimes play with SBR’s greats?

“He was happy to play reserve-team football, honest enough to realise that he had failed to take the opportunities to establish himself and that he was simply not as good as his contemporaries (“It was a pleasure to train and sometimes play with so many international stars,” he once said).”

Pardon my ignorance, but was he still better than a lot of players at other First Division clubs? Seems strange that he hardly ever played - so obviously not good enough - but that the club kept him.
Login to get fewer ads

Tommy the legend on 23:46 - Jun 2 with 885 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tommy the legend on 23:34 - Jun 2 by MattinLondon

Pardon my ignorance, but was he still better than a lot of players at other First Division clubs? Seems strange that he hardly ever played - so obviously not good enough - but that the club kept him.

I’ve no idea. I started watching us in about 76 or 77, but was a young kid then and have no memory of him. I bet one or two on here do remember him though.

Without knowing him, it’s hard to know what his motivation was. He seemed to have an established roll as the sub and that probably meant more than now as the squads were so much smaller.

If this is indeed the player the OP is talking about, it’d be pretty cool if the OP could link him in with Phil for an interview. It’s got the makings of an interesting story.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024