Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic striker shouts 11:05 - May 9 with 4889 viewsSTYG

I'll start with Tyler Walker.

Absolutely brilliant for Lincoln in League One a couple of years back (14 in 29 - 22 in 44 for Mansfield the season before in League Two). Only 25. Done well for Coventry initially (7 in 31 in the Champ) but just had a poor loan spell at Pompey (15 games - 1 goal) after a poor first half of the season at Coventry in the Championship (2 in 19) because he's very much a McKenna system type player being played in a Cowley system.

Strikes me as the sort Coventry would be happy to move on, given they won't see him as good enough for what they want and he didn't kickstart over a loan move, fee would be at the lowest it's been for years given his recent fortunes, knows the division, young enough to improve and go on to be good in the division above and has a bit of everything - pace, movement, finishing and housery!

Would be the sort of player I'd be looking to bring as the number two striker alongside someone even better given our profile and backing. But someone who has the potential to be the starter as the striker, but also capable of playing in a two when we need to change and given his past season I could see him fancying a club of this size and being able to thrive in a style of play that suits him.

Only a year left on his deal as well, which also helps.
[Post edited 9 May 2022 11:10]
Realistic striker shouts on 18:51 - May 9 with 994 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Realistic striker shouts on 17:06 - May 9 by billlm

I have a feeling one will be Weimann,

Andreas Weimann who scored 22 in the Championship this season, and signed a new 3 year contract last Summer?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Realistic striker shouts on 19:14 - May 9 with 952 viewswitchdoctor

I was impressed with Joe Ironside when Cambridge played us at PR…neat and tidy and was head and shoulders better than any of our strikers that day…
Realistic striker shouts on 19:20 - May 9 with 936 viewsMullet

Realistic striker shouts on 16:10 - May 9 by tackon

Cauley woodrow barnsley

Would be my choice too given he needs to have a decent season to really get his career going.

A more pie in the sky shout would be Keinan Davis at Villa but I suspect he's up there with Twine in terms of coming here!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Realistic striker shouts on 20:10 - May 9 with 865 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Danny Loader

Out of contract at Porto, British, 21 years old. Never heard of him until I found him listed as OOC on TrnasferMarket.... no idea if he's food but I'll look like a mystic if it happens.

Obligatory Bristol City link

Tommy Conway 19, 4 in 11 at loan to Bath City maybe a one for the future link.

Josh Koroma at Huddersfield just started to find form in 2020 before getting injured, doesn't seem to have played much since, a good looking to get the career back on track option

Harry Cornick, at Luton not polific but sometimes used on the right/centre right. Had plenty of games for Luton over last couple of years but this seasons 11 has been his most prolific. Hope we aim higher but the utility option.

Danny Welbeck, bounced around since leaving Utd career gone down hill and likey to end up at top 6 championship club based on former glories and number of England caps alone.... the Marquee option.

99% this is all nowhere near but its nice to join in

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Realistic striker shouts on 22:04 - May 9 with 771 viewsDinnernotTea

Austin
Ironside
May
Walker
Hirst
Hardie
Clarke-Harris

I'd be up for any of these. And we would need 2 of them as well.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Realistic striker shouts on 17:32 - May 10 with 549 viewsbilllm

Realistic striker shouts on 18:51 - May 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Andreas Weimann who scored 22 in the Championship this season, and signed a new 3 year contract last Summer?

I thought he was out of contract, your correct,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024