Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pickford 16:34 - May 1 with 1584 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Now I know he is English etc etc etc but does he wind anybody else up!! Time wastes from pretty much the first whistle in every game until they are losing then all off a sudden expects everything to be urgent. I am aware every player of every club does this to a degree but not to the levels he does and it really irritates me. Him and that Richarlason who is a blatant cheat and disgustingly overrated footballer!!
Pickford on 16:39 - May 1 with 1541 viewsFrimleyBlue

When did the 10 second ( maybe 8 ) rule stop when keepers caught a ball.

Need to bring that back in.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Pickford on 16:39 - May 1 with 1550 viewsChurchman

He actually made some great saves this afternoon, but yes I do find him irritating with his antics. He always looks like he has a mistake in him too. Bit harsh given he played very well today.
Pickford on 16:41 - May 1 with 1536 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Pickford on 16:39 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

I remember us getting one (Charlton away possibly??) which Venus dispatched but think that rule went soon after. Shame.
Pickford on 16:42 - May 1 with 1524 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Pickford on 16:39 - May 1 by Churchman

He actually made some great saves this afternoon, but yes I do find him irritating with his antics. He always looks like he has a mistake in him too. Bit harsh given he played very well today.

Yeah not doubting his ability for one moment which makes it even harder to accept but I can’t find myself supporting or wanting a player to do well whose only aim is to waste as much time as he can!! It’s bordering on embarrassing the levels to which he takes it!!!
Pickford on 17:02 - May 1 with 1447 viewsSimonds92

Love him. People have sh!thoused for years usually to the detriment of England an ITFC, it's good we currently have a group of England players clever enough to do it. We just need ITFC to be a bit better at it. Imo it's a massive shame we're about to lose one of the best at it.
Pickford on 17:05 - May 1 with 1439 viewsFifeITFC

Pickford on 16:41 - May 1 by ColchesterBlue1985

I remember us getting one (Charlton away possibly??) which Venus dispatched but think that rule went soon after. Shame.

If that's the game I am thinking of (very early in the season at The Valley), I always seemed to remember it being a back-pass related incident but it was quite a few years ago now maybe my memory is wrong?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Pickford on 17:19 - May 1 with 1408 viewsMattinLondon

The only way to combat time wasting is to have the time controlled by someone in the stands. Every time the ball isn’t in play, every time there’s an injury or the ref stops play for other things the clock stops. Some matches may go on-and-on but sooner rather than later the players and coaches will realise that what they are going is pointless.
Pickford on 17:33 - May 1 with 1371 viewsEastTownBlue

Pickford on 16:39 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

I'm sure that Pickford held the ball for 30 seconds at one point.

The question is when did referees decide to ignore that law. The current law is as follows:

"An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area,
commits any of the following offences:
- controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing
it"
Login to get fewer ads

Pickford on 17:39 - May 1 with 1353 viewsellaandred

Pickford on 17:33 - May 1 by EastTownBlue

I'm sure that Pickford held the ball for 30 seconds at one point.

The question is when did referees decide to ignore that law. The current law is as follows:

"An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area,
commits any of the following offences:
- controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing
it"

Correct. The six second rule still applies. A sub-section of law 12
Why the referees don't apply this is a mystery.
Pickford on 18:51 - May 1 with 1227 viewsFrimleyBlue

Pickford on 17:39 - May 1 by ellaandred

Correct. The six second rule still applies. A sub-section of law 12
Why the referees don't apply this is a mystery.

I did wonder if they added it onto stoppage time but no the ref blew the full-time whistle with the ball in pickfords hands I think.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Pickford on 19:13 - May 1 with 1205 viewsbilllm

Can't stand him, always snarling,then the next minute looks like he's going to cry,
Pickford on 19:31 - May 1 with 1177 viewsellaandred

Pickford on 18:51 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

I did wonder if they added it onto stoppage time but no the ref blew the full-time whistle with the ball in pickfords hands I think.

If the goal keeper does not release the ball within in six seconds, an indirect kick is awarded.
When does that ever happen?
Time is not added on.
Pickford on 22:01 - May 1 with 1059 viewsPlums

Stood behind his goal a couple of months ago and he’s worth the ticket price on his own. I’d never realised what an absolute nutter he is. Constantly ranting and raving, waving his arms about and then of course the antics mentioned in this thread.
He’s hilarious.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Pickford on 22:07 - May 1 with 1041 viewsGlasgowBlue

He just saved Everton’s season.

A fantastic keeper.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Pickford on 22:28 - May 1 with 1017 viewsjayessess

Pickford on 17:02 - May 1 by Simonds92

Love him. People have sh!thoused for years usually to the detriment of England an ITFC, it's good we currently have a group of England players clever enough to do it. We just need ITFC to be a bit better at it. Imo it's a massive shame we're about to lose one of the best at it.

English players cheat as much as every other nationality, I don't know why anyone thinks otherwise. Our division is mainly English players and it's atrocious for diving, time wasting, moaning at the ref etc.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 22:29]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Pickford on 06:38 - May 2 with 912 viewsVeggie

I’d rather have Walton.
Pickford on 14:29 - May 2 with 727 viewsRyorry

On another day I might have agreed with you, but after his amazing, outstanding sequence of worldies last night, which may well have saved the toffies from relegation, I just can't.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024