Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? 20:03 - Apr 2 with 2448 viewspointofblue

Reasonable possibilities only!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:23 - Apr 2 with 2386 viewsMillsTash

I think the majority of McKennas signings will be players we as fans are unaware of as they will be youth academy starlets. Days of old pros looking for a final retirement pension fund are gladly gone.
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:24 - Apr 2 with 2366 viewsVeggie

A Rashford-alike would be ideal I think
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:30 - Apr 2 with 2326 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Cole Stockton for me.

Gave our defence the complete runaround and has followed it up with plenty of goals this season.
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:31 - Apr 2 with 2323 viewspointofblue

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:30 - Apr 2 by ColchesterBlue1985

Cole Stockton for me.

Gave our defence the complete runaround and has followed it up with plenty of goals this season.

Didn't Pigott cause our defence problems last season?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:37 - Apr 2 with 2295 viewsScuzzer

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:31 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

Didn't Pigott cause our defence problems last season?

Which is strange as he hasnt caused any defence any problems this season for us.

Established 1968

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 21:40 - Apr 2 with 2148 viewsBloomBlue

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:30 - Apr 2 by ColchesterBlue1985

Cole Stockton for me.

I think the problem with Stockton is he likes to play with his back to goal as Pigott does and that doesn't fit in with the style KM wants to play. I think he likes the Jackson style of playing on the front foot.

I'm also interested if he will even go with the traditional big number 9 or more of the Man City/Utd approach of playing without a big centre forward.
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 01:07 - Apr 3 with 1950 viewsBlueBadger

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:37 - Apr 2 by Scuzzer

Which is strange as he hasnt caused any defence any problems this season for us.

He's caused defence problems as his utter lack of goals puts pressure on them to keep clean sheets..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 03:05 - Apr 3 with 1903 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Weinmann at Bristol City or Billy (William) Sharp at Sheffield United. Ashton's connections could well maneuver a deal for the fomer. Their respective clubs aren't maybe the best of their league but they're two players that hit goal quite regular.

OK we're a legue below them and should remain so but all things are possible. Don't always see what goes on in League Two but guess there's one or two gems you could pick out if you seeked hard enough.

Expect one or two of our own players to leave this summer. Certain names seem surplus. Pigott, Chaplin for example. Bonne just isn't the same player as once before but he's on loan anyhow. Aluko, Norwood even Jackson : guess we'll hang on to them but they don't always inspire confidence that they're collectively good enough. New strike power would seem imperative.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 03:49 - Apr 3 with 1889 viewsFrankMarshall

If Ironside plays like that week in/week out for Cambridge then Joe Ironside.

I've only seen him play twice but on both occasions- superb. No idea how he is generally though.

Frank Marshall

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 07:35 - Apr 3 with 1785 viewspete81

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 03:49 - Apr 3 by FrankMarshall

If Ironside plays like that week in/week out for Cambridge then Joe Ironside.

I've only seen him play twice but on both occasions- superb. No idea how he is generally though.

As others have mentioned, probably 2 strikers in, a young premier loan and an experienced name from the championship. I know he has Norwich connections but someone like Lewis Grabben?
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 08:01 - Apr 3 with 1726 viewsChrisd

KM seems to like mobile strikers with pace so I’d be expecting that type of signing as a main priority, however having a good target man to mix things up would also be a good option, otherwise we’re going to become too predictable in our play. Judging by the way Ironside played, I wonder if we can tempt him away from Cambridge in the summer?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 08:12 - Apr 3 with 1703 viewsPioneerBlue

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 07:35 - Apr 3 by pete81

As others have mentioned, probably 2 strikers in, a young premier loan and an experienced name from the championship. I know he has Norwich connections but someone like Lewis Grabben?

For me, next season is very important and expecting unproven prem talent to shoot us out of L1 is a stretch of my optimism!

We had a glimpse of this with the lad from AV this season, and Parrot a while back.

Not saying it can’t work with the right player, only it wouldn’t fill me with confidence day 1 that’s all.

Saying all that, the way KMcK used KJ was impressive and indicates there is a roll for pace with other players around providing a goal threat. I’d go KJ before young prem player and hope we take a decent striker or 2 in their prime.

I don’t really mind either way if they and we score loads!!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 08:17 - Apr 3 with 1688 viewstractorboy1978

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 08:01 - Apr 3 by Chrisd

KM seems to like mobile strikers with pace so I’d be expecting that type of signing as a main priority, however having a good target man to mix things up would also be a good option, otherwise we’re going to become too predictable in our play. Judging by the way Ironside played, I wonder if we can tempt him away from Cambridge in the summer?

We need to be doing better than the likes of Ironside and Stockton. These are perennial lower league strikers that have come off the back of one good season - see Pigott and Norwood.
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 08:19 - Apr 3 with 1681 viewswitchdoctor

I liked the look of their no
9 yesterday..
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 08:26 - Apr 3 with 1660 viewsChrisd

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 08:17 - Apr 3 by tractorboy1978

We need to be doing better than the likes of Ironside and Stockton. These are perennial lower league strikers that have come off the back of one good season - see Pigott and Norwood.

Do we? I’d rather we had a striker that has shown he has the confidence and ability he can score goals at this level. I know you can say Pigott did that for Wimbledon last season, but hasn’t done that with us this time around, but sometimes moves don’t work out for players for whatever reason. If Ironside or Stockton tick the boxes for KM, I’d still be going out to get them.

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:08 - Apr 3 with 1594 viewstractorboy1978

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 08:26 - Apr 3 by Chrisd

Do we? I’d rather we had a striker that has shown he has the confidence and ability he can score goals at this level. I know you can say Pigott did that for Wimbledon last season, but hasn’t done that with us this time around, but sometimes moves don’t work out for players for whatever reason. If Ironside or Stockton tick the boxes for KM, I’d still be going out to get them.

Ironside has the same number of L1 goals as Bonne this season. You occasionally do get a late bloomer (Ricky Lambert for example) but there is generally a reason a player gets to their late 20s and they've spent most their career playing below L1.

We will be setting the bar higher this summer.
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:15 - Apr 3 with 1576 viewsChrisd

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:08 - Apr 3 by tractorboy1978

Ironside has the same number of L1 goals as Bonne this season. You occasionally do get a late bloomer (Ricky Lambert for example) but there is generally a reason a player gets to their late 20s and they've spent most their career playing below L1.

We will be setting the bar higher this summer.

Bottomline, we need a player that can fit into KM’s style of play and score goals to get us out of this league and that’s what we need to focus on. Ironside has scored the same amount of goals as Bonne, but in a lesser side. Imagine the amount of chances Ironside would get playing for us? He’d probably have double the amount of goals he’s currently scored for Cambridge.

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:23 - Apr 3 with 1545 viewsportmanroadblue

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:15 - Apr 3 by Chrisd

Bottomline, we need a player that can fit into KM’s style of play and score goals to get us out of this league and that’s what we need to focus on. Ironside has scored the same amount of goals as Bonne, but in a lesser side. Imagine the amount of chances Ironside would get playing for us? He’d probably have double the amount of goals he’s currently scored for Cambridge.

Thing is, we dont actually create that many chances, think we need a couple of different strikers to adapt to the teams we are playing, would also be nice to have someone who will have shots outside the box.
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:27 - Apr 3 with 1536 viewstractorboy1978

How does Ironside fit into McKenna's style of play? He's a back to goal striker not someone that stretches teams in behind, which is what we really need and miss without Jackson. He's very much of the same mould as Pigott/Bonne, only has a worse CV.
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:28 - Apr 3 with 1529 viewsitfc_bucks

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 03:05 - Apr 3 by Minneapolis_ITFC

Weinmann at Bristol City or Billy (William) Sharp at Sheffield United. Ashton's connections could well maneuver a deal for the fomer. Their respective clubs aren't maybe the best of their league but they're two players that hit goal quite regular.

OK we're a legue below them and should remain so but all things are possible. Don't always see what goes on in League Two but guess there's one or two gems you could pick out if you seeked hard enough.

Expect one or two of our own players to leave this summer. Certain names seem surplus. Pigott, Chaplin for example. Bonne just isn't the same player as once before but he's on loan anyhow. Aluko, Norwood even Jackson : guess we'll hang on to them but they don't always inspire confidence that they're collectively good enough. New strike power would seem imperative.

Humbly submit that it's more likely that I'm signed as the new striker than Chappers is shown the door this summer.
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:42 - Apr 3 with 1491 viewsbobbyramsey

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:37 - Apr 2 by Scuzzer

Everybody caused our defence problems last season.....
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:44 - Apr 3 with 1481 viewsChurchman

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 20:23 - Apr 2 by MillsTash

I think the majority of McKennas signings will be players we as fans are unaware of as they will be youth academy starlets. Days of old pros looking for a final retirement pension fund are gladly gone.

Agree with this. We need to keep well away from the pension topper uppers and lower league journeymen. These don’t fit the profile KM was talking about last week and thank goodness for that.

Why people keep suggesting hasbeens beats me. It’s like we’ve become so accustomed to retirement funders we can’t let go. Billy Sharp suggested in this thread (36), Jermaine Defoe, Jack Wilshere, you name it. As for lower league journeymen, we’ve seen a few of those too and what good has it done us?

It maybe wishful thinking, but I hope we can do better than that
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 09:53 - Apr 3 with 1439 viewsKeno

some that scores goals would be nice

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 10:06 - Apr 3 with 1416 viewsBloomBlue

But how many chances did we actually create for a striker yesterday?
Ok the whole team with the exception of Walton didn't perform yesterday. But with a team containing Celina, Chaplin, Burns we should be creating at least 2 easy chances per game and we've not been doing that regularly lately. I feel the reason is the strikers we have don't fit into KM's style with the exception of Jackson.

Most of the strikers being named are the old fashioned style of a big no9 who like to receive the ball with their back to goal same as our current strikers and that doesn't fit KM's style.
Personally in this league I think you need one of that type of striker but KM may prefer the more modern style like Man City/Utd use where they dont play with an out & out no9
Next season's strikers - who would you sign? on 10:45 - Apr 3 with 1353 viewsThai_Blue

Jorgen Strand Larson
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024