Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
30 points to play for 13:41 - Mar 8 with 993 viewsHipsterectomy

Is tonight a must not lose nor draw?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

30 points to play for on 13:45 - Mar 8 with 978 viewsIllinoisblue

All 10 games are pretty much must-win. Feels like we could win 8 of 10 and still miss out given form of other teams.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

30 points to play for on 13:48 - Mar 8 with 959 viewstractordownsouth

Lincoln are definitely capable of a good result but given that we need to win at least 7/10 and have 5 of the top 10 to play, we can't afford to drop points at home to a team in lower mid-table.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

30 points to play for on 13:53 - Mar 8 with 945 viewsSteve_M

I think, in context of last three results, then we really need to win this one. WOrst case is four points from two this week but we really need six.

I'm thinking Wolves and Watford in the same week in November 2014, both really big results in front of vocal crowds that set us up for the even better performances in December that year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

30 points to play for on 13:53 - Mar 8 with 940 viewshype313

30 points to play for on 13:45 - Mar 8 by Illinoisblue

All 10 games are pretty much must-win. Feels like we could win 8 of 10 and still miss out given form of other teams.

Yep, there's hardly any room for error going forward, if we want to nab that play off position we really need 8 or 9 wins.

Tall order, but something this squad could achieve.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

30 points to play for on 13:54 - Mar 8 with 934 viewsPendejo

Possible to miss out even if won all 10.

Compare and contrast position we were when Cookie Monster took over.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

30 points to play for on 13:54 - Mar 8 with 933 viewsJackSted

Plymouth play all of the top 8 teams in their last 8 games so I assume there could be points dropped for us to capitalise on

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

30 points to play for on 14:53 - Mar 8 with 834 viewsIllinoisblue

30 points to play for on 13:54 - Mar 8 by JackSted

Plymouth play all of the top 8 teams in their last 8 games so I assume there could be points dropped for us to capitalise on

A fair point although our run-in is not exactly easy!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

30 points to play for on 15:02 - Mar 8 with 821 viewsabracaDOBRA_

30 points to play for on 14:53 - Mar 8 by Illinoisblue

A fair point although our run-in is not exactly easy!

Pompey have a tough run coming up too so another chance to capitalise. We just got to do our part
Login to get fewer ads

30 points to play for on 15:48 - Mar 8 with 746 viewspeterleeblue

30 points to play for on 15:02 - Mar 8 by abracaDOBRA_

Pompey have a tough run coming up too so another chance to capitalise. We just got to do our part

id take win tonight and point v Pompey.
30 points to play for on 15:49 - Mar 8 with 740 viewsabracaDOBRA_

30 points to play for on 15:48 - Mar 8 by peterleeblue

id take win tonight and point v Pompey.

Think the same tbh. Although 2 wins would be excellent and gives us a bit of breathing space from Pompey
30 points to play for on 16:47 - Mar 8 with 675 viewsThe_Realist_09

30 points to play for on 13:48 - Mar 8 by tractordownsouth

Lincoln are definitely capable of a good result but given that we need to win at least 7/10 and have 5 of the top 10 to play, we can't afford to drop points at home to a team in lower mid-table.

Will be interesting.

Looks like they adopted a new 3 at the back formation at the weekend and beat Wednesday 3-1 so lets hope that was a one-off and this change doesn't enhance them too much.
30 points to play for on 17:30 - Mar 8 with 625 viewsclive_baker

Wouldn't say 'must win' on the basis that we could not win, and still do it. Just like Cheltenham wasn't must win, as much as it feels like it at the time. Technically we could lose our next 2 and still finish on 80 points, but for me it definitely falls into the category of anything but a win is going to make getting into the playoffs that much harder. I'm going to stick to what I've said for ages and say therefore it's now 7 wins needed from the last 10, which is a big ask. Still, 6 from 9 feels slightly better and keeps the dream alive, so COYB.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

30 points to play for on 17:36 - Mar 8 with 618 viewstractordownsouth

30 points to play for on 16:47 - Mar 8 by The_Realist_09

Will be interesting.

Looks like they adopted a new 3 at the back formation at the weekend and beat Wednesday 3-1 so lets hope that was a one-off and this change doesn't enhance them too much.

I'd be more confident with them playing a 3 at the back and matching us because we surely have the talent advantage. That said, I'm feeling very nervous about it, they're more capable of a shock than the other bottom half teams.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

30 points to play for on 17:39 - Mar 8 with 603 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

We now have to go into every match actively trying to win, including Rotherham away. This has seemingly always been our approach under McKenna to be fair.

What we need now heavily depends on how other teams do. If we're lucky, six wins and a couple of draws would do. If we're unlucky, even eight might not be enough. Watch Wednesday and Wycombe closely now, the teams above them are surely out of reach.
30 points to play for on 17:45 - Mar 8 with 578 viewsquad

30 points to play for on 15:49 - Mar 8 by abracaDOBRA_

Think the same tbh. Although 2 wins would be excellent and gives us a bit of breathing space from Pompey

Although it might be possible to draw with Pompey and still make the playoffs I think we really need to beat them. Otherwise psychologically the players will lose confidence and subconsciously feel like its beyond them and give up.
30 points to play for on 18:10 - Mar 8 with 542 viewsSkip_Intro

30 points to play for on 17:45 - Mar 8 by quad

Although it might be possible to draw with Pompey and still make the playoffs I think we really need to beat them. Otherwise psychologically the players will lose confidence and subconsciously feel like its beyond them and give up.

that last sentence is quite an assumption...
30 points to play for on 20:01 - Mar 8 with 479 viewslambo77

30 points to play for on 17:39 - Mar 8 by PrrrromotionGiven

We now have to go into every match actively trying to win, including Rotherham away. This has seemingly always been our approach under McKenna to be fair.

What we need now heavily depends on how other teams do. If we're lucky, six wins and a couple of draws would do. If we're unlucky, even eight might not be enough. Watch Wednesday and Wycombe closely now, the teams above them are surely out of reach.

we've never been lucky!
30 points to play for on 20:27 - Mar 8 with 450 viewsbluestandard

30 points to play for on 17:45 - Mar 8 by quad

Oxford are surely catchable? They only have to lose 1 game and it’s in our hands to finish above them…….
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024