Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Airbnb 05:01 - Mar 5 with 1083 viewsBluebert

Just booked a 3 night stay at an Airbnb in Kyiv, obviously not going to go and stay there but another little way people can do a bit to help, only one family I know but feels nice to directly help someone.
Airbnb on 08:32 - Mar 5 with 869 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That's a great idea. Airbnb should advertise it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Airbnb on 09:30 - Mar 5 with 756 viewsPlums

Airbnb on 08:32 - Mar 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

I believe there has been some pressure applied to Air bnb to speed up their transfer of funds so those in Ukraine can access it.

Posted by one of my friends the other day:

To all friends looking to do something to help in Ukraine. Please please please do not donate STUFF… clothes, medicines, “supplies”. There’s a long established problem with post-disaster donations - they take time to collect, store, transport, distribute and often they are NOT the things needed on the ground. This is known as the secondary disaster. Leaving people to sort through unnecessary piles of well meaning donations.
There are long established charities with local links who can access, buy and distribute the needed supplies in or near country. Such as the joint Disaster and Emergency Committee, run by a collection of such charities.
It may not seem as direct as you mobilising stuff here and sending it there but it is quicker and more likely to actually help.
Sorry if I sound like a grump but after years of being involved in disaster management I promise this is more effective, like a lot more!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Airbnb on 09:38 - Mar 5 with 716 viewseastangliaisblue

Just read an article about this in The Guardian. I am now going to book a few places. Some are as little as £7 a night. For anyone thinking of doing it don't forget some of the smaller cities that have been badly hit.

I do believe Airbnb are going to speed up the process so money goes through quicker the other end.
Airbnb on 09:39 - Mar 5 with 713 viewsBarcaBlue

Airbnb on 08:32 - Mar 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Airbnb to their credit announced this week they are waiving fees on bookings in Ukraine. They have also warned to be wary of scammers setting up false listings so best to check reviews, booking history etc.
Airbnb on 09:57 - Mar 5 with 655 viewsclive_baker

Nice idea, I think all help is good help. I wonder if as an extension there’s any way of letting the space be used by someone, if there’s anyone in need of accommodation? Although I guess that’s not totally straight forward.

I contacted the charity Refugees at home in the week about offering my spare room to anyone seeking asylum in the U.K. and they said they had been inundated with hosts, which is so lovely to hear. They said they were prioritising people in cities rather than in the sticks like me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Airbnb on 10:01 - Mar 5 with 639 viewsBarcaBlue

Airbnb on 09:57 - Mar 5 by clive_baker

Nice idea, I think all help is good help. I wonder if as an extension there’s any way of letting the space be used by someone, if there’s anyone in need of accommodation? Although I guess that’s not totally straight forward.

I contacted the charity Refugees at home in the week about offering my spare room to anyone seeking asylum in the U.K. and they said they had been inundated with hosts, which is so lovely to hear. They said they were prioritising people in cities rather than in the sticks like me.

Airbnb.org have some details

https://www.airbnb.org/help-ukraine?locale=en-GB
Airbnb on 10:12 - Mar 5 with 619 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Airbnb on 09:57 - Mar 5 by clive_baker

Mrs SSB and I were discussing the possibility of offering our spare room last night so glad you have just highlighted this as we live in the sticks.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024