Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson Piggot 21:44 - Mar 4 with 1189 viewslmfcblue

Why was Jackson/Piggot changed after a 3.0 win? I understand the chopping changing formula to find those goals but couldn’t see the thinking behind it and I’m a McKenna fan before I get grilled!
Jackson Piggot on 22:26 - Mar 4 with 1116 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's hard to disagree with changes when it has given a great return of 2 points a game. But I felt similar when we had the Bonne Norwood combo as a front 2.

Honestly tho the strikers at present make you wish we had Drinan back.

I agree with the other thread. Celina. Aluko. Chaplin front line
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 15:54]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jackson Piggot on 01:03 - Mar 5 with 1028 viewsBigCommon

I find it hard to argue with any of KM's selections, tbh... Fare enough, we haven't gotten the points total over the last 2 matches, that we wanted/needed (deserved?).... But we have been creating lots of chances, and conceding vey few goals, along with utterly dominating possession.... Quite honestly, and I hate to use this as an excuse, but, imo, we've just had plain old bad luck, in the last two games..(Poor finishing?)... I feel , a bit, for Joe Piggot, though.. Can't remember a game where he's had 2 or 3 big chances, and failed to score.... Piggot fans will say he hasn't had the service in the games he's played in.. Others would argue that he doesn't take up the right positions...?.. I still don't think he's had a fare crack at the whip, in comparison to others.. I still don't think we've seen enough of him, to judge hlm, thoroughly... Just my op'.. (l'm aware that , we don't see any of them on the training ground, or in KM's "class room")..
Jackson Piggot on 06:25 - Mar 5 with 926 viewsAsa

McKenna picks a team for the opposition and on another day at Morecambe we’d have scored four or five.

That wasn’t really the issue. Bonne missed two sitters in the first half, both headers, and another sitter in the second. McKenna can’t control that. You can argue that Bonne is so out of form that he should have known that was possible, but even a player out of form generally takes one of those three.

We absolutely controlled Morecambe from start to finish aside from one horrible Thompson gaffe that gifted them a chance. We looked better still with Chaplin, Aluko and Celina but at that stage Morecambe were dead on their feet from 70 minutes or whatever it was of chasing the ball.
Jackson Piggot on 09:14 - Mar 5 with 774 viewsDavoIPB

Yep set up was right. Norwood missed from 6 yards as well but then donacian somehow hit it straight at keeper from 2 yards. Keeper pulled off some really good saves as well. Saying that think Celina should always be on the pitch. He has been outstanding lately. The others I would keep changing.

Piggott is probably the weakest player in there. Poor touch. Ball seems to bounce off him. Bad decision making and plays too deep. Doesn't get into box and get on end of crosses.

Despite getting us points on more than one occasion Bonne has cost us as well. Some of his misses this season are the worst I've ever seen. He more than any of the others does seem to get in the right positions though.
Jackson Piggot on 09:27 - Mar 5 with 755 viewstextbackup

Because both aren’t particularly very good, or have any consistency to their game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jackson Piggot on 12:11 - Mar 5 with 647 viewsVeggie

Good point. It seemed to work well.
Jackson Piggot on 12:53 - Mar 5 with 608 viewsPilgrimblue

I didn’t understand either. Pig was perfect foil for Jackson and once again we saw in next game that Jackson isn’t effective on his own.
I know that some don’t rate Pigott but he’s effective against big defences whereas Bonne and Norwood struggle. Or could use Chaplin as striker as he’d benefit from any loose balls. We’ll need all our strikers in final games either at start or off the bench.
Jackson Piggot on 14:35 - Mar 5 with 503 viewsBigCommon

Jackson Piggot on 09:27 - Mar 5 by textbackup

Because both aren’t particularly very good, or have any consistency to their game

Looks like we'll find out today.....
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson Piggot on 14:46 - Mar 5 with 467 viewsjayessess

Hopefully he'll shut me up today, but Pigott's performance that day didn't particularly merit sticking with him.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson Piggot on 14:59 - Mar 5 with 450 viewsjas0999

It would seem KM looks at each and every game individually. It would appear he takes a lot of time studying the opposition and picks the team accordingly. If it means four changes to either neutralise a threat or open up a defence, that’s what he does. Tough to argue against it.
Jackson Piggot on 15:54 - Mar 5 with 398 viewscressi

Jackson Piggot on 14:59 - Mar 5 by jas0999

It would seem KM looks at each and every game individually. It would appear he takes a lot of time studying the opposition and picks the team accordingly. If it means four changes to either neutralise a threat or open up a defence, that’s what he does. Tough to argue against it.

Bonne and Norwood all day for me Jackson had 2 or 3 decent games since his been here and although Piggott not had much game time done bugg*r all one he has played
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024