Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G 00:54 - Mar 3 with 1652 viewsClareBlue

Good luck to him. If someone wants to pay him 40 million a year then that's not his issue.

I am actually admiring the salary cap of keeping it under 800K per week by PSG. After all the club has to be sustainable, but what does it actually mean to be earning 100K a day at 23.

So you have a good 8 hours sleep and wake up 32K richer every day...

Duvet day costs the club 100K whilst you snuggle under with your sherbet lemons (or is that just me)

I like getting my salary whilst on holiday, but having a week away and your bank getting credited with 800K in your absence...

Buying a sports car.. Couple of days pay for what most boys dream of for their lifetime

I think this is a bit crazy, but then I remember Bono has earned over 700 million - or the same as him playing for the next 20 years, which he can not do.

and to tell you the truth I'd rather see Kylian kick some leather around than hear Bono sing.
Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 03:11 - Mar 3 with 1596 viewsRyorry

Love him as a player, but as many people have said many times before re all the previous latest "obscene salary record high", situations like this just increasingly turn me off football.

State of the world is sick when some individuals get paid that much whilst others remain homeless & starving.

I'd like to think & hope that after securing their own & their families' personal futures, they donate most of the rest to charitable foundations
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 3:11]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 07:41 - Mar 3 with 1461 viewsSwansea_Blue

As obscene as it sounds (and is), even if he could demand that salary over a 20 year career (which he can’t), he would still only earn 830M. Which is 172x less than Elon Musk made during the first year of the pandemic.

World’s gone mad part lots.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 08:03 - Mar 3 with 1413 viewsTractorWood

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 07:41 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

As obscene as it sounds (and is), even if he could demand that salary over a 20 year career (which he can’t), he would still only earn 830M. Which is 172x less than Elon Musk made during the first year of the pandemic.

World’s gone mad part lots.

Yes but Elon Musk did essentially make the electric car scalable across the world. Whilst also massively advancing space tech.

Mbappe is just an enormously overrated footballer in a weak league.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 08:14 - Mar 3 with 1387 viewsdavblue

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 03:11 - Mar 3 by Ryorry

Love him as a player, but as many people have said many times before re all the previous latest "obscene salary record high", situations like this just increasingly turn me off football.

State of the world is sick when some individuals get paid that much whilst others remain homeless & starving.

I'd like to think & hope that after securing their own & their families' personal futures, they donate most of the rest to charitable foundations
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 3:11]

He really needs to get out of France if he wants to be recognised as a really top player.

The French league is done and dusted every year unless PSG get things dramatically wrong.
Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 08:57 - Mar 3 with 1332 viewsjayessess

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 08:03 - Mar 3 by TractorWood

Yes but Elon Musk did essentially make the electric car scalable across the world. Whilst also massively advancing space tech.

No, he paid some engineers to do those things for him because he was already obscenely wealthy.

Elite footballers make an entertainment product worth billions. They're no more or less worthy of their money than any other obscenely wealthy capitalist.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 09:17 - Mar 3 with 1275 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 08:03 - Mar 3 by TractorWood

There is that of course. Elon Musk can't do as many keepy uppies either (probably).

800K (presumably Euros) is utterly obscene, no doubt about it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 11:00 - Mar 3 with 1178 viewsTractorWood

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 08:57 - Mar 3 by jayessess

No, he paid some engineers to do those things for him because he was already obscenely wealthy.

Elite footballers make an entertainment product worth billions. They're no more or less worthy of their money than any other obscenely wealthy capitalist.

If it was that simple, someone else would have thought of it and 'paid some engineers to do it'.

If the football club is bank rolled by individuals or states from the sale of their vast natural resources I would argue their contribution and worth is diminished. Signs of this are recently hosting the world cup or Olympics and obvious human rights abuses.

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 13:20 - Mar 3 with 1075 viewsCrawfordsboot

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 08:57 - Mar 3 by jayessess

Look at it this way.
Footballers in general will use their wealth to consume, (watches, expensive cars, large houses etc.). Their consumption in effect redistributes wealth from the oligarchs and obscenely wealthy club owners to the people who make and sell their houses, cars watches etc. employing a lot of people along the way. Also just think how much tax Harry Kane pays!

All in all I don’t begrudge them their earnings and I’m grateful for all that tax.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 13:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 13:23 - Mar 3 with 1068 viewsjayessess

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 11:00 - Mar 3 by TractorWood

If it was that simple, someone else would have thought of it and 'paid some engineers to do it'.

If the football club is bank rolled by individuals or states from the sale of their vast natural resources I would argue their contribution and worth is diminished. Signs of this are recently hosting the world cup or Olympics and obvious human rights abuses.

I mean, yes, lots of other companies are paying engineers to do similar things at other companies. The idea that capitalism is mainly about individuals having great ideas and building empires out of them is very 19th Century. In the 21st Century it's about having access to capital and hiring people to have great ideas for you.

Tesla are hardly in a position to offer lectures on human rights, implicated as they are in child labour abuse in the DRC (not to mention union busting and employee harassment in the US).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 14:05 - Mar 3 with 1005 viewsITFC_96

Although it is still a massive amount, those figures are all incorrect given that 60% of that money(!) will go to tax. From 41.6m euros, his take home is 16.6m.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 14:06]
Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 14:29 - Mar 3 with 973 viewsTractorWood

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 13:23 - Mar 3 by jayessess

I mean, yes, lots of other companies are paying engineers to do similar things at other companies. The idea that capitalism is mainly about individuals having great ideas and building empires out of them is very 19th Century. In the 21st Century it's about having access to capital and hiring people to have great ideas for you.

Tesla are hardly in a position to offer lectures on human rights, implicated as they are in child labour abuse in the DRC (not to mention union busting and employee harassment in the US).

Fair but they can lecture about destroying the internal combustion engine's viability in cars and potentially changing the climate change agenda. Time will tell.

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 16:00 - Mar 3 with 908 viewsjontysnut

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 14:05 - Mar 3 by ITFC_96

Although it is still a massive amount, those figures are all incorrect given that 60% of that money(!) will go to tax. From 41.6m euros, his take home is 16.6m.

I'd be pretty surprised if he or any other wealthy footballer actually pays the nominal rate of tax on their income. I'd imagine each of his toes are registered as separate limited companies in the Caymans.
Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 16:27 - Mar 3 with 879 viewsRadioOrwell

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 13:20 - Mar 3 by Crawfordsboot

Look at it this way.
Footballers in general will use their wealth to consume, (watches, expensive cars, large houses etc.). Their consumption in effect redistributes wealth from the oligarchs and obscenely wealthy club owners to the people who make and sell their houses, cars watches etc. employing a lot of people along the way. Also just think how much tax Harry Kane pays!

All in all I don’t begrudge them their earnings and I’m grateful for all that tax.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 13:23]

Oh Good. The trickle down effect.
Which has been debunked so many times I can't even be arsed to google it for you.
Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 16:31 - Mar 3 with 862 viewsRadioOrwell

Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 14:05 - Mar 3 by ITFC_96

It's sweet that you think they pay anywhere near that amount of tax.
You know that lots of money gets you lots of very good lawyers and accountants ?
Kylian Mbappe offered 799000 per week by Paris S-G on 11:39 - Mar 5 with 663 viewsAYACCA

A footballer shouldn't be paid more that a teacher or doctor. A ticket should cost no more than a tenner. BBC and ITV should be showing more live games. Sky can swivel on it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024