Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you want? 21:55 - Feb 8 with 3623 viewsbluejacko

A good performance and losing or getting the job done not playing well?
Because reading some of the comments it seems some would prefer to lose!
What do you want? on 08:34 - Feb 9 with 406 viewsBiGDonnie

What do you want? on 22:16 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Are they the only two options?

I'm delighted with a win but I hate watching Ipswich from behind the sofa. Against a poor Doncaster, bottom of the table, we should be beating teams like this easily, not wasting time at the end. We appear to have nothing up front, both Bonne and Norwood are looking poor.

That was one of the easiest wins I've ever seen in a professional football match. Stop lowering yourself to frimley's level.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

What do you want? on 08:35 - Feb 9 with 406 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What do you want? on 22:20 - Feb 8 by jayessess

We were profligate tonight, but we're actually one of the most clinical teams in the league. Only Wigan take more of their chances.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB3

Filter that list on shots at goal. Thats a bit more sobering.

You're absolutely right in our taking of chances, but we simply aren't creating enough, thats been visible over the last few weeks. And we are now seeing, increasingly, more teams putting 10 men behind the ball.

We're doing better under McKenna in finding ways to unpick that kind of thing, but we just aren't doing it regularly enough. Its very easy for people to blame Bonne or Pigott, but strikers survive on supply.

I'm hoping that some of the better teams, MKDons for example will allow us to play with a bit more freedom and we can get in between the lines and create meaningful opportunities.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 9:02]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What do you want? on 08:38 - Feb 9 with 396 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 08:34 - Feb 9 by BiGDonnie

That was one of the easiest wins I've ever seen in a professional football match. Stop lowering yourself to frimley's level.

You're like the opposite of whatever Frimley is. It was 1-0. I can think of countless easier wins in professional football matches.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What do you want? on 08:38 - Feb 9 with 395 viewsStewart27

What do you want? on 22:14 - Feb 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why do you have to keep mentioning Cook? Are we not allowed to comment on individual games 'because Cook' ?

I want to forget about him too.

It’s just so hard to because the start of this season is a nightmare that will continue to haunt me.
What do you want? on 08:39 - Feb 9 with 392 viewsBiGDonnie

What do you want? on 08:38 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're like the opposite of whatever Frimley is. It was 1-0. I can think of countless easier wins in professional football matches.

I'll take that. Thank you.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

What do you want? on 08:42 - Feb 9 with 387 viewsDyland

What do you want? on 08:32 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

I dunno, I can barely remember 5 weeks ago.

As I said, put the bong down ba ;)
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 8:43]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What do you want? on 08:44 - Feb 9 with 381 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 08:42 - Feb 9 by Dyland

As I said, put the bong down ba ;)
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 8:43]

Sounds like you need to put the bong down

What do you want? on 08:45 - Feb 9 with 377 viewsDyland

What do you want? on 08:44 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Sounds like you need to put the bong down

I have a whole different set of problems buh, having swapped my bong for a crack pipe 30 odd years ago ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

What do you want? on 08:51 - Feb 9 with 363 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 08:45 - Feb 9 by Dyland

I have a whole different set of problems buh, having swapped my bong for a crack pipe 30 odd years ago ;)

To be honest, the weed never did anything for me. Maybe I just had crap weed though.

What do you want? on 08:52 - Feb 9 with 364 viewsLeaky

What do you want? on 08:31 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm not saying we played badly, and yes that scenario would've been unjust... but it doesn't stop it from being the sort of thing Ipswich do!

I'm probably being a tad harsh because I was hoping for a bit more of a relaxing evening for a change!

If you want a more relaxing evening try sitting on the sofa & not hide behind it
What do you want? on 08:52 - Feb 9 with 361 viewsjayessess

What do you want? on 08:35 - Feb 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

You're absolutely right in our taking of chances, but we simply aren't creating enough, thats been visible over the last few weeks. And we are now seeing, increasingly, more teams putting 10 men behind the ball.

We're doing better under McKenna in finding ways to unpick that kind of thing, but we just aren't doing it regularly enough. Its very easy for people to blame Bonne or Pigott, but strikers survive on supply.

I'm hoping that some of the better teams, MKDons for example will allow us to play with a bit more freedom and we can get in between the lines and create meaningful opportunities.

Yeah, we are slightly too dependent on being clinical, which probably reflects a team with a high level of individual quality but collectively a bit disjointed. McKenna's on it though, hopefully!

Always sceptical of the idea that things get easier against better opposition, but I am pretty hopeful for Saturday. After 2 difficult afternoons against Wednesday and Gillingham, where we just couldn't play through the opposition's press, we went through Doncaster pretty easily and actually did force them to sit back deep (for once!). We've got our best midfielder to come back, Bakinson and Thompson starting to show why they're here, three attacking midfielders all contributing well.

Win it and we are bang in this race.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What do you want? on 09:31 - Feb 9 with 335 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

What do you want? on 08:52 - Feb 9 by Leaky

If you want a more relaxing evening try sitting on the sofa & not hide behind it

That genuinely made me LOL. Cheers.

What do you want? on 09:43 - Feb 9 with 321 viewsSteve_M

What do you want? on 08:35 - Feb 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Even allowing for the opposition, I thought Bakinson's willingness to break forward plus Celina's quality (that run and cross Bonne should have scored from early on would have threatened better teams) made us more of a threat than on Saturday.

I thought against Wednesday it was a bit of sloppiness on the ball as much as Wednesday being more solid that stopped us creating chances from good positions. I think fine tuning some of that attacking play will help and comes in time. We still need to take those chances though and last night that was the one thing we were below par at.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What do you want? on 09:48 - Feb 9 with 296 viewstractorboy1978

What do you want? on 09:43 - Feb 9 by Steve_M

Even allowing for the opposition, I thought Bakinson's willingness to break forward plus Celina's quality (that run and cross Bonne should have scored from early on would have threatened better teams) made us more of a threat than on Saturday.

I thought against Wednesday it was a bit of sloppiness on the ball as much as Wednesday being more solid that stopped us creating chances from good positions. I think fine tuning some of that attacking play will help and comes in time. We still need to take those chances though and last night that was the one thing we were below par at.

Bakinson played what has now become 'the Morsy role' under McKenna a lot better than Idris/Evans/Carroll have managed when deputising for him. Having that player willing to break forward adds an extra dimension.

Although, had Morsy been playing I think we'd have got a goal or two more. There was still a few occasions when we got into a decent area and it was begging for someone to drive forwards with the ball - notably Evans when for some reason he just chipped the ball into the keeper's hands!

Celina showed real moments of quality last night and could have got three assists but for some poor finishing.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 9:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024