Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashamed 19:04 - Jan 15 with 4160 viewstrueblues78

Ashamed of the town fan who refused to sit down during the todays warm up when asked politely by an elderly couple behind him. They just wanted to see the shooting practice.

What a tw@t. I hope karma gets you.

Poll: Would you sell Knudsen?

Ashamed on 19:06 - Jan 15 with 3585 viewsSitfcB

ffs

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ashamed on 19:41 - Jan 15 with 3385 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

Selfish tw@

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ashamed on 20:20 - Jan 15 with 3261 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Surely he could have just moved given the end wasn’t even close to full.
Ashamed on 21:00 - Jan 15 with 3063 viewslazyblue

So why did nobody support the elderly couple and politely ask the idiot to move.
Ashamed on 21:35 - Jan 15 with 2932 viewstextbackup

Ashamed on 21:00 - Jan 15 by lazyblue

So why did nobody support the elderly couple and politely ask the idiot to move.

why didnt they move? doesnt sound like it was a full away end

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ashamed on 21:48 - Jan 15 with 2862 viewsZx1988

Ashamed on 21:35 - Jan 15 by textbackup

why didnt they move? doesnt sound like it was a full away end

Doesn't work like that.

If you want to do something that might impede the view of others, the onus is on you to move.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sorry about that..... on 22:02 - Jan 15 with 2774 viewsBloots

....my farmers have been playing up all week.

They were throbbing like a right bastard and hanging about 3 inches out of my balloon knot.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Ashamed on 22:36 - Jan 15 with 2623 viewstextbackup

Ashamed on 21:48 - Jan 15 by Zx1988

Doesn't work like that.

If you want to do something that might impede the view of others, the onus is on you to move.

clearly not

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Ashamed on 10:14 - Jan 16 with 2168 viewsstrikalite

It's a football match not the cinema..

If everybody was stood up and very often they are, would you expect them all to sit down for the elderly couple? No disrespects but why didn't they ask a steward if he could move them? Yes yes I know they shouldn't have to but you don't think this happens up and down the country week in week out?

Roll on safe standing...

and no, it wasn't me by the way..
Ashamed on 12:13 - Jan 16 with 2048 viewsSitfcB

Ashamed on 10:14 - Jan 16 by strikalite

If everybody was stood up and very often they are, would you expect them all to sit down for the elderly couple? No disrespects but why didn't they ask a steward if he could move them? Yes yes I know they shouldn't have to but you don't think this happens up and down the country week in week out?

Roll on safe standing...

It was probably sit anywhere anyway. And if not there were plenty of empty seats.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ashamed on 16:32 - Jan 16 with 1872 viewsAlanG296

Ashamed on 12:13 - Jan 16 by SitfcB

It was probably sit anywhere anyway. And if not there were plenty of empty seats.

SIT anywhere, not STAND anywhere.
Ashamed on 16:45 - Jan 16 with 1815 viewsbluelagos

Leave aside the conduct, why are you ashamed of what someone else did, who happens to support the same club?

If say an Arsenal fan did something that disgusted you, would you judge other Arsenal fans poorly because of it? If not, if you would recognise that not all Arsenal fans are represented by the conduct of the one you object to, why apply the same logic to a rogue Town fan whose behaviour you dislike?

Embarrassed, ok, disgusted but ashamed?

Same with say the Town fans who sing the Fashanau song, I dont feel ashamed as I havent sang it. I do think they are bellends but I dont take on their actions as I havent done them or encouraged them.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Ashamed on 16:45 - Jan 16 with 1816 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ashamed on 16:32 - Jan 16 by AlanG296

SIT anywhere, not STAND anywhere.

It’s football. Get a grip

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Ashamed on 17:01 - Jan 16 with 1757 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ashamed on 10:14 - Jan 16 by strikalite

Roll on safe standing...

It's just about whether you care about others or only yourself really.

My Dad was quite short. If someone stood up in front of him, he couldn't see much which meant he often missed key bits of action when he went. In the end he was unable to speak too. He went to a match at PR and someone else was sat in his seat. They refused to move and he couldn't explain the situation so he sat somewhere else. Another fan whose seat it was came along and so he had to move and this happened a couple of times at that match. He did write to the club and they gave him a free ticket for another match but the experience really upset him.

Sometimes doing a simple thing for the benefit of someone else is just the right thing to do. The one who wanted to stand could have moved. There may be a reason why the others would have found it difficult to.

Alternatively, one can think they are the only one that matters but don't complain when the attendance is very low if that is your attitude.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ashamed on 17:57 - Jan 16 with 1645 viewsBLUEBEAT

Ashamed on 17:01 - Jan 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

My Dad was quite short. If someone stood up in front of him, he couldn't see much which meant he often missed key bits of action when he went. In the end he was unable to speak too. He went to a match at PR and someone else was sat in his seat. They refused to move and he couldn't explain the situation so he sat somewhere else. Another fan whose seat it was came along and so he had to move and this happened a couple of times at that match. He did write to the club and they gave him a free ticket for another match but the experience really upset him.

Sometimes doing a simple thing for the benefit of someone else is just the right thing to do. The one who wanted to stand could have moved. There may be a reason why the others would have found it difficult to.

Alternatively, one can think they are the only one that matters but don't complain when the attendance is very low if that is your attitude.

Exactly this.

May sound boring to many who live in a self-absorbed society but it really is nice to be nice.

Poll: W or W

Ashamed on 18:17 - Jan 16 with 1602 viewsSuperCoops

Ashamed on 17:01 - Jan 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

My wife is 5ft 1 and suffers with a back injury. She came to Sunderland and could barely stand all match, couldn't see anything and won't come to an away game again.

Some people aren't young/well/fit/tall enough to stand for 90 minutes. With a sold out allocation, and would feel uncomfortable asking someone with a clear/unobstructed view to move.

It just needs a little consideration for others really. Back when all seaters were introduced, you were not allowed to stand all game.

I just think society has become a little selfish and self-centred.
Ashamed on 18:30 - Jan 16 with 1568 viewsyesjohn99

If someone asked me to sit down I would, so long as the person who was in front of me was sitting. I won’t ask anyone to sit down at a football match.
Ashamed on 21:02 - Jan 16 with 1370 viewsjeera

Ashamed on 18:30 - Jan 16 by yesjohn99

If someone asked me to sit down I would, so long as the person who was in front of me was sitting. I won’t ask anyone to sit down at a football match.

Realistically it's not practical to expect a crowd of football fans to sit for the entirety of a match is it.

It shouldn't be beyond the realms of clubs' capabilities to set aside the front row seats for those who need them most so the problem doesn't arise at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ashamed on 21:09 - Jan 16 with 1350 viewsbluelagos

Ashamed on 21:02 - Jan 16 by jeera

Realistically it's not practical to expect a crowd of football fans to sit for the entirety of a match is it.

It shouldn't be beyond the realms of clubs' capabilities to set aside the front row seats for those who need them most so the problem doesn't arise at all.

Spot on J.

Expecting rows of fans to sit down to assist a short / elderly fan isnt realistically going to happen.

Your solution seems to solve it, for the clubs to help elderly fans get the seats at the front of an away end seems to keep everyone happy.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Ashamed on 21:12 - Jan 16 with 1335 viewsjeera

Ashamed on 21:09 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

Spot on J.

Expecting rows of fans to sit down to assist a short / elderly fan isnt realistically going to happen.

Your solution seems to solve it, for the clubs to help elderly fans get the seats at the front of an away end seems to keep everyone happy.

I'm getting older.

It's in my interests for the seat arrangement to be implemented.

Ashamed on 21:21 - Jan 16 with 1284 viewsTractorWood

Ashamed on 18:17 - Jan 16 by SuperCoops

My wife is 5ft 1 and suffers with a back injury. She came to Sunderland and could barely stand all match, couldn't see anything and won't come to an away game again.

Some people aren't young/well/fit/tall enough to stand for 90 minutes. With a sold out allocation, and would feel uncomfortable asking someone with a clear/unobstructed view to move.

It just needs a little consideration for others really. Back when all seaters were introduced, you were not allowed to stand all game.

I just think society has become a little selfish and self-centred.

Let's be honest, this has always been a massive thing at our away games for at least a decade. Our following has a reasonably even split between Werther's original and young people.

I can't believe they don't still have an answer to this obvious issue. Can't they just make you pick 'singing or not singing' when buying a ticket, which obviously Mena's standing.

In my view it's why the majority of our fans descend on London games because people know you won't get people telling you sit down whilst they eat their picnic.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ashamed on 21:55 - Jan 16 with 1202 viewsSuperCoops

Ashamed on 21:09 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

Spot on J.

So for home games the "elderly" generation prefer seats high up and avoid the lower tiers like SBR or SAR and sit, perhaps in the better view seats of the side stands because the vocal element want to be low down, close to the goal etc.

But for away games, the elderly etc are demoted as low as possible so the vocal people from SBR & SAR Lower get a "premium" view?

I'm sure they're chuffed about following their team home and away and being moved to the front row, pitch-level. Hardly an encouragement for them to travel away if they're expected the crap view seats they're afforded at home games.
Ashamed on 22:05 - Jan 16 with 1169 viewsjeera

Ashamed on 21:55 - Jan 16 by SuperCoops

So for home games the "elderly" generation prefer seats high up and avoid the lower tiers like SBR or SAR and sit, perhaps in the better view seats of the side stands because the vocal element want to be low down, close to the goal etc.

But for away games, the elderly etc are demoted as low as possible so the vocal people from SBR & SAR Lower get a "premium" view?

I'm sure they're chuffed about following their team home and away and being moved to the front row, pitch-level. Hardly an encouragement for them to travel away if they're expected the crap view seats they're afforded at home games.

Fair point.

For my part I was trying to think of ways it could be circumnavigated but you are right to point out the flaws in my master plan.

Ashamed on 22:08 - Jan 16 with 1162 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ashamed on 21:55 - Jan 16 by SuperCoops

Do you not agree though that at away games, a clear majority will be wanting to stand? Genuinely not sure I’ve ever sat at an away ground before and I do 10-15 aways a season.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Ashamed on 22:10 - Jan 16 with 1150 viewsSuperCoops

Ashamed on 22:05 - Jan 16 by jeera

Fair point.

For my part I was trying to think of ways it could be circumnavigated but you are right to point out the flaws in my master plan.

I can see both sides. But as I pointed out, the elderly/unable to stand for long periods/short people are as entitled to follow the club home and away, as much as the vocal element who seem to think they're more important and relevant - particularly away from home.

It's not as straight forward as that and both sides need to have some consideration. Why do the vocal bods need to sit high and central to the away support? You could argue why don't they move to a side closest to home fans to create extra noise/atmosphere?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024