Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mo Salah 17:04 - Jan 2 with 1235 viewsgtsb1966

Chelsea must regret that decision to get rid. He really is some player. When it comes to the best players ever to have played in the top flight of English football he must come near the top.
Mo Salah on 17:10 - Jan 2 with 1195 viewsfranz_tyson

I fear the same with Drinan.
Mo Salah on 17:45 - Jan 2 with 1143 viewsChurchman

Mo Salah on 17:10 - Jan 2 by franz_tyson

I fear the same with Drinan.

And dear old Frank Nouble
Mo Salah on 17:47 - Jan 2 with 1135 viewstextbackup

Mo Salah on 17:45 - Jan 2 by Churchman

And dear old Frank Nouble

was at the WW game the other day, sat in with the fans

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mo Salah on 18:08 - Jan 2 with 1101 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Since selling Mo Salah, Chelsea have won the league, FA Cup, Europa League, Champions League and Super Cup

I suspect they’re probably ok with it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mo Salah on 19:34 - Jan 2 with 988 viewsJ2BLUE

Best in the world. Looking forward to watching him for Egypt in the coming weeks.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mo Salah on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 888 viewsvapour_trail

Mo Salah on 18:08 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Since selling Mo Salah, Chelsea have won the league, FA Cup, Europa League, Champions League and Super Cup

I suspect they’re probably ok with it

However, they would be a vastly superior side with him in their XI. Op is bang on the money. It was the Jose years that also saw Lukaku and De Bruyne burnt off.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mo Salah on 23:06 - Jan 2 with 813 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mo Salah on 22:07 - Jan 2 by vapour_trail

However, they would be a vastly superior side with him in their XI. Op is bang on the money. It was the Jose years that also saw Lukaku and De Bruyne burnt off.

That’s a simplistic take I’m afraid. Ignoring the obvious point that those players may not have become what they’ve become now without moving, Chelsea’s entire model has for years been based around trading young players for profit, with those profits helping fund expensive signings for the first team

Notionally I’m sure Chelsea would rather they had let certain players but you can’t really just keep a KDB or a Salah without also keeping say a Bertrand Traore, and then not buying a Diego Costa, or a Hazard or a Kante. Which brings us neatly back to the point that what they’ve done has undoubtedly worked for them, as they continue to challenge for and win trophies
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 23:06]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mo Salah on 10:55 - Jan 3 with 537 viewsJ2BLUE

Mo Salah on 23:06 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s a simplistic take I’m afraid. Ignoring the obvious point that those players may not have become what they’ve become now without moving, Chelsea’s entire model has for years been based around trading young players for profit, with those profits helping fund expensive signings for the first team

Notionally I’m sure Chelsea would rather they had let certain players but you can’t really just keep a KDB or a Salah without also keeping say a Bertrand Traore, and then not buying a Diego Costa, or a Hazard or a Kante. Which brings us neatly back to the point that what they’ve done has undoubtedly worked for them, as they continue to challenge for and win trophies
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 23:06]

This. Letting players go can be the right thing regardless of whether they go on to become good players or not.

If Chelsea kept him we may never have got to watch this version of Salah.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024