Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the point of VAR 13:34 - Jan 1 with 2315 viewslegoman

If they cannot help the ref make a correct decision? Obvious Arsenal pen. The arsenal player decided to take the ball wide and the keeper took him out. Clear and obvious must be removed and replaced with intelligent intervention by AI.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

What is the point of VAR on 11:17 - Jan 2 with 287 viewsZXBlue

What is the point of VAR on 11:16 - Jan 2 by strikalite

Yep it's cheating, absolutely it is, but I've heard this now from many pundits, Shearer says it all the time, if a player feels contact then he's entitled to go down, so he used to obviously, what message does this send, surprised by Shearer....

If you watch the ref after he's looked at the screen he indicates to one of the Arsenal players that the shirt was pulled...think that's why he gave it, yes a leg made contact too no doubt agree there..

The fact that pundits who cheated themselves say it, does not make it so!
What is the point of VAR on 11:21 - Jan 2 with 275 viewsElephantintheRoom

All VAR can do is show something that happened, usually from a bad camera angle- the decision is still in the hands of the referee as the law clearly states "in the referee's opinion..."

If you disagree with the referee's opinion that is immaterial - he's right every time. Even when he's wrong.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What is the point of VAR on 11:22 - Jan 2 with 268 viewsstrikalite

What is the point of VAR on 11:17 - Jan 2 by ZXBlue

The fact that pundits who cheated themselves say it, does not make it so!

It doesn't make it right, but this is where we are, they feel contact and go down, or initiate contact too that's another, cheating to gain an advantage, I'm with you, but they're doing it knowing they'll get the decision, it's wrong agree..
What is the point of VAR on 11:26 - Jan 2 with 266 viewstractorboy1978

What is the point of VAR on 11:11 - Jan 2 by Radlett_blue

The original idea of VAR was sound as it was designed to eliminate "clear & obvious errors". However, it very quickly became used for hairsbreadth off-sides, when a player was level & for ludicrous, soft penalty decisions. Naturally, players have adapted to the new system & are keener then ever to go down after any contact, in the knowledge that the VAR goon will give the penalty. Don't get me started on the absurd hand-ball decisions.
Refs also still seem to apply the laws differently whereby a goalkeeper is allowed to make a dangerous tackle, safe in the knowledge that if he gets any contact on the ball, he won't be deemed to have made a foul & certainly won't get a card.

The whole 'clear and obvious error' thing is a problem right from the start because it means the same incident can have two different outcomes based on whether the ref initially gave the decision or not.
What is the point of VAR on 11:31 - Jan 2 with 256 viewsDyland

".... must be removed and replaced with intelligent intervention by AI"

Hmmmm, guessing you don't work in AI... ;)

I don't like VAR either, mind.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What is the point of VAR on 11:47 - Jan 2 with 247 viewsFranzgumm

Literally just watched that - and I thought the opposite. The keeper connected with the ball, as was clear by the direction the ball took after the challenge.

RIP Sir Bobby
Blog: [Blog] Where Has It All Gone Wrong?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024