Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. 21:36 - Dec 29 with 2974 viewschrismakin

Welcome back!

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 2954 viewsBlueBadger

Don't just post this, say around to tell us how smarmy the post match presser is!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:38 - Dec 29 with 2911 viewschrismakin

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:37 - Dec 29 by BlueBadger

Don't just post this, say around to tell us how smarmy the post match presser is!

Zzzzz

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:40 - Dec 29 with 2874 viewsWD19

Apart from the the whole giving the ball away, rugby tackling the player and being very lucky to get away with it in the first 10 minutes.
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:44 - Dec 29 with 2759 viewsSwansea_Blue

Double oo old chap.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:44 - Dec 29 with 2761 viewschrismakin

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:40 - Dec 29 by WD19

Apart from the the whole giving the ball away, rugby tackling the player and being very lucky to get away with it in the first 10 minutes.

It's league 1. Saw edmundson give it away a few times and get caught out himself...

Best defensive duty tonight.

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:47 - Dec 29 with 2679 viewsitfctilidie

from what i watched he was very lucky in the first half not to give away a goal, and i don't think he will last very long in this set up IMO - he is to error prone for me
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 21:48]
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:49 - Dec 29 with 2625 viewschrismakin

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:47 - Dec 29 by itfctilidie

from what i watched he was very lucky in the first half not to give away a goal, and i don't think he will last very long in this set up IMO - he is to error prone for me

As said above. Edmundson did similar but it doesn't get spoke about.

You won't get perfect games at this level. But both cbs tonight were excellent.

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:51 - Dec 29 with 2583 viewsitfctilidie

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:49 - Dec 29 by chrismakin

this is the problem with our fans - we are happy to accept a mediocre performance and then settle for it. Wolf isn't good enough, neither is Nsiala - i think a centre half will be high on the shopping list
Login to get fewer ads

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:51 - Dec 29 with 2563 viewschrismakin

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:51 - Dec 29 by itfctilidie

this is the problem with our fans - we are happy to accept a mediocre performance and then settle for it. Wolf isn't good enough, neither is Nsiala - i think a centre half will be high on the shopping list

No. You just have to be realistic of the league we are in.

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:54 - Dec 29 with 2515 viewsfatronaldo

Im usually one of his worst critics but tonight he looked solid for 85% of the game and grew into it more and more.

He is too composed at times, hopefully KM can sort that
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 21:55]
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:54 - Dec 29 with 2500 viewsSwansea_Blue

He laid his body on the line in that late Wycombe barrage and did the defensive side very well. Still very limited on the ball though. So yes, I suppose that was a typical Woolf performance.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 22:02 - Dec 29 with 2396 viewsBlueForYou

Thought he looked really good tonight, as did most of them.
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 22:05 - Dec 29 with 2356 viewsStewart27

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 21:51 - Dec 29 by itfctilidie

Woolf was better than Edmundson tonight. Edmundson is our best player this season IMO, but wasn’t even the best defender tonight.
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 2311 viewsbilllm

Good job,
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 23:09 - Dec 29 with 2171 viewsDinDjarin

We played 3 at the back
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 2118 viewspointofblue

Exactly - in the second half Edmundson was more error prone than Woolfenden, who was actually very settled, comfortable in the second half after some moments in the first. The difference between the two was Woolfenden tended to clear up his mistakes whilst Edmundson had someone else bail him out. This isn't criticism of Edmundson, he's been brilliant for us for the most part this season, but just highlighting how some get away with making errors more than others.

Good performance from defence tonight overall.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 00:13 - Dec 30 with 1977 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 22:05 - Dec 29 by Stewart27

Woolf was better than Edmundson tonight. Edmundson is our best player this season IMO, but wasn’t even the best defender tonight.

Edmundson did have the added challenge of playing on the left and having to cover Penney pretty much all game.

Think a LB will probably be top of the January shopping list
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 01:03 - Dec 30 with 1862 viewsGarv

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 00:13 - Dec 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Edmundson did have the added challenge of playing on the left and having to cover Penney pretty much all game.

Think a LB will probably be top of the January shopping list

If you're playing wing backs that's half the job of the LCB. Penney has the responsibility of building attacks down the left side with an unorthodox 'winger' ahead of him in Norwood. It's only natural he gets caught a few times.

By the way I disagree with anyone saying Edmundson was anything close to poor tonight. He had an occasional lapse, like Woolfenden, but generally was smart enough to get himself out of them. Out of the three JD probably makes the fewest errors on the ball, likely because he doesn't take the same risks. All three put bodies on the line as well and didn't mind getting clattered.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 1:05]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 02:10 - Dec 30 with 1753 viewsTerra_Farma

100% agreed
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 02:35 - Dec 30 with 1705 viewsquad

Hungry like the Wolf
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 05:48 - Dec 30 with 1594 viewshoppy

*too error prone.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 06:25 - Dec 30 with 1561 viewsChateauWines

I was quietly impressed with Wolfenden this evening. Best performance for a long time. As said before this is the Third Division and there will be mistakes. He did get himself in a muddle early on, but crucially he battled and scrapped his way out of danger (albeit very unconventionally). All 3 looked so much more physical and stronger with determination not to concede. They embraced the new instruction of coming out and joining in attacks with the ball. Did they look a little unsure in final third? Yes but McKenna will coach and encourage them in coming days and weeks.
Wolfenden was my pick of the centre backs. Donacien was the steadiest but did take less risks going forwards. Edmondson didn't have his best game, Penney rescued him.a couple of times which was good to see.
Overall very pleased to see subtle but noticeable changes to our approach and application. Evans and Morsy have switched roles which worked. Biggest fot je was in 2nd half we didn't sit back and wait for Wycombe to attack.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 07:40 - Dec 30 with 1456 viewsHullblue

He looked brilliant at times (that Bramble-esque run through the middle) but not good enough at others (missing that header at the corner that led to their chance, nearly getting caught out as the last man). You mention Edmunson’s mistakes but his weren’t as potentially critical - he lost it in midfield (still not good admittedly) rather than right in front of our goal.

I have a soft spot for Woolfie like we all do, but to say he was great last night when he nearly gifted them at least one goal is ridiculous.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 08:35 - Dec 30 with 1338 viewsjonnysuave

He's not that good in the air and rarely looks like he can win a battle of strength. However rather than discard him because of it (as others have seemed to), those weaknesses should be coached and then he could become a good player.

He does seem to be calm (unless he gets outmuscled) and seems to be able to anticipate well and read the game.

Build him up and coach him and then he could be a very good player.
Tonight has been the Wolf of old. on 08:40 - Dec 30 with 1317 viewsgordon

Said this a few times, but he suits the style perfectly - with a proper manager he'll definitely get a run of games - think back to how someone like John Stones used to make lots of mistakes at City at first, but Pep stuck with him because he fitted the way he wanted to play.

Woolfenden needs to get the rest of this season playing in that back three, as few changes as possible. Suspect this is the first time he's got a manager who likes defenders like Woolfenden, so don't judge him too quickly!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024