Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings I want in January 22:14 - Dec 21 with 4617 viewsalfie2002

Centre back - Mengi on loan from United I believe is a realistic target for obvious reasons, played alongside Edmundson at Derby at the back end of last season too!

Left wing back - Conor Grant from Plymouth would be a top signing in my opinion, great age and had a terrific season, was on loan with us very briefly when he was a midfielder on loan from Everton under Mick.

Striker - Nathan Broadhead looks a class act in front of goal, especially when it comes to 1 on 1’s with the keeper, depends on how happy he is at Sunderland and did sign a new deal at Everton before going out on loan, see if Ashton can sell him the dream?!?

What else do you think we could do with? And what should be done regarding Bonne and Walton?

Signings I want in January on 22:38 - Dec 21 with 3826 viewsjayessess

Of those only Grant obviously improves our first team, I think.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 8:23]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Signings I want in January on 23:17 - Dec 21 with 3709 viewschrismakin

The young midfielder who went toe to toe with Morsy. Was it Accrington? I can't remember exactly but he was immense.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Signings I want in January on 23:21 - Dec 21 with 3709 viewspositivity

Signings I want in January on 23:17 - Dec 21 by chrismakin

The young midfielder who went toe to toe with Morsy. Was it Accrington? I can't remember exactly but he was immense.

do you mean matete of fleetwood?

one to keep an eye on, but at the moment, i'd stick with morsy. not sure they'd make a good pairing

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Signings I want in January on 23:22 - Dec 21 with 3692 viewschrismakin

Signings I want in January on 23:21 - Dec 21 by positivity

one to keep an eye on, but at the moment, i'd stick with morsy. not sure they'd make a good pairing

Thats the fella.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Signings I want in January on 23:32 - Dec 21 with 3669 viewsalfie2002

Signings I want in January on 23:22 - Dec 21 by chrismakin

Thats the fella.

He did look busy, I think he’s a available on a free in the summer
Signings I want in January on 23:33 - Dec 21 with 3663 viewsalfie2002

Signings I want in January on 23:21 - Dec 21 by positivity

Would you stick with Evans as Morsy’s partner or look elsewhere?
Signings I want in January on 23:52 - Dec 21 with 3602 viewsitfcsuth

LWB is main priority, it has to be. Coulson needs to go back - I think he’s a good player, but spent too long injured for me.

Conor Grant a good shout, a really good shout. Cohen Bramhall and Callum Styles were the other names I mentioned.

Mengi would be an option, if Nsiala could be moved on.

Broadhead wouldn’t come here from Sunderland right now.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2021 17:55]
Signings I want in January on 23:54 - Dec 21 with 3585 viewsitfcsuth

Signings I want in January on 23:17 - Dec 21 by chrismakin

A good player, but that role has to be down the list of priorities.

We are looking for a partner for Morsy. Let’s see how one of Harper, Evans, El Mizouni, Fraser or Carroll would look alongside him once KMK has had some time on the training ground.

If Carroll, Nolan and possibly one more CM left in the summer, I’d definitely be interested in him them.
Login to get fewer ads

Signings I want in January on 00:43 - Dec 22 with 3500 viewsalfie2002

Signings I want in January on 23:52 - Dec 21 by itfcsuth

LWB is main priority, it has to be. Coulson needs to go back - I think he’s a good player, but spent too long injured for me.

Conor Grant a good shout, a really good shout. Cohen Bramhall and Callum Styles were the other names I mentioned.

Would absolutely love Styles, he can play in midfield too, I saw Celtic and West Brom are after him which could price us out but if we can get him then we should. Not too keen on Bramall, he seems to have lots of pace without offering much else. I just think Grant has so many 7/10 qualities and is definitely within our price range, also someone who can improve us instantly and then join us for the journey or be sold on for profit which I believe is the mode we are going down.

Should be an interesting Window!
Signings I want in January on 01:13 - Dec 22 with 3464 viewsitfcsuth

Signings I want in January on 00:43 - Dec 22 by alfie2002

Would absolutely love Styles, he can play in midfield too, I saw Celtic and West Brom are after him which could price us out but if we can get him then we should. Not too keen on Bramall, he seems to have lots of pace without offering much else. I just think Grant has so many 7/10 qualities and is definitely within our price range, also someone who can improve us instantly and then join us for the journey or be sold on for profit which I believe is the mode we are going down.

Should be an interesting Window!

I hadn’t seen the links to Celtic or WBA, although not hugely surprised with WBA link given Ismael being there.

I like Grant, would be a great addition, would fill the role of LWB perfectly.

He is lightening quick Bramall, has to be one of the quickest players I’ve seen live. I think his general play is fine, but think his delivery needs work - would imagine it would be a fairly easy deal to bring him here from a struggling Lincoln.

*another name I thought of was Rhys Norrington-Davies at Sheffield Utd.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 1:18]
Signings I want in January on 06:02 - Dec 22 with 3298 viewsPioneerBlue

I don’t have names

Positions it looks like we should resolve to progress based on the following, the loans might not need immediate fix if not recalled by there clubs

Gk Walton loan
LB/Wb Coulson loan is he fit or not
CB Nsiala? Not good enough
CMf Carroll?
Striker Bonne loan, Norwood baggage and soon out of contract in summer, Jackson not good enough

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Signings I want in January on 07:37 - Dec 22 with 3103 viewsSimonds92

Matt O'Riley from MK Dons was an absolute standout when we played them earlier in the year. Definitely take him to play alongside Morsy.
We also need 2 fullbacks and a CB.
Signings I want in January on 07:57 - Dec 22 with 3031 viewstextbackup

Hopefully Wolf is now to play ahead of Toto, otherwise a CB would have been my call.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Signings I want in January on 08:05 - Dec 22 with 3002 viewsfranz_tyson

A lot will depend on how McKenna sets up. We’ve got a massive squad anyway.

If this was still a Cook team, then we’d be looking for maybe another Morsy type and a CB, but if we go with 3-5-2 then maybe we’ve got suitable CB’s and midfielders.

Would have thought a LB/LWB would be needed. Coulson back to Boro?
Signings I want in January on 12:33 - Dec 22 with 2598 viewsFevsBCFC

If you go to a back three and need a ball playing centre-back, then Taylor Moore is available. He’s currently on loan to Hearts.

FWIW I don’t think you are gonna attract players like Broadhead this window and prise him away from his loan at Sunderland.

It will be interesting to see how many come in and how many go out in January. We’re some of you loans signed with a January recall option?
Signings I want in January on 12:37 - Dec 22 with 2574 viewsitfcsuth

Signings I want in January on 12:33 - Dec 22 by FevsBCFC

If you go to a back three and need a ball playing centre-back, then Taylor Moore is available. He’s currently on loan to Hearts.

FWIW I don’t think you are gonna attract players like Broadhead this window and prise him away from his loan at Sunderland.

It will be interesting to see how many come in and how many go out in January. We’re some of you loans signed with a January recall option?

I saw Moore had go up to Hearts, I thought he had a bright future, what happened there?
Signings I want in January on 12:41 - Dec 22 with 2542 viewsParky

Obviously not all, but a few names:

Harlee Dean,
Jay DaSilva,
Nesta Guinness-Walker,
Neil Etheridge,
Frankie Kent,
Lukas Jutkiewicz,
Danny Hylton,
Luke Jephcott
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 12:42]
Signings I want in January on 13:01 - Dec 22 with 2468 viewsitfcsuth

Signings I want in January on 12:41 - Dec 22 by Parky

Harlee Dean,
Jay DaSilva,
Nesta Guinness-Walker,
Neil Etheridge,
Frankie Kent,
Lukas Jutkiewicz,
Danny Hylton,
Luke Jephcott

A lot of them are no from me, either unrealistic or not what is required.

Nesta Guinness-Walker is a quite a good shout, although think Conor Grant as mentioned is a better option.
Signings I want in January on 13:02 - Dec 22 with 2464 viewsKeaneish

Coulson fit and a replacement for Toto. Done.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Signings I want in January on 13:10 - Dec 22 with 2425 viewsFevsBCFC

Signings I want in January on 12:37 - Dec 22 by itfcsuth

I saw Moore had go up to Hearts, I thought he had a bright future, what happened there?

I think he’s been a bit unlucky. Rarely got to play as the “sweeper” in a back three, was often the one who had to play LCB3, on his weaker side. When central or right side he has been fine. He has a mistake in him, but the Chanp punishes you. His distribution was good last season, alongside Mawson (we had him on loan) they were a key part of the way we built from the back until injuries hit us.

It does appear that he isn’t in Pearson’s plans and Hearts are allegedly interested in making in permanent. He’s 24, should be coming into his prime years.

Not sure if tweet links work, but here’s some analysis I did on him earlier this season….which Moore himself liked!

[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 13:11]
Signings I want in January on 13:25 - Dec 22 with 2348 viewsFevsBCFC

Signings I want in January on 12:41 - Dec 22 by Parky

Harlee Dean,
Jay DaSilva,
Nesta Guinness-Walker,
Neil Etheridge,
Frankie Kent,
Lukas Jutkiewicz,
Danny Hylton,
Luke Jephcott

Dasilva is allegedly available.
Signings I want in January on 13:31 - Dec 22 with 2302 viewsNthQldITFC

Signings I want in January on 23:52 - Dec 21 by itfcsuth

LWB is Edwards for me, with Penney/Clements as non-ideal but OK backups. It's a role that I think Edwards can really grow into.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Signings I want in January on 13:50 - Dec 22 with 2231 viewsitfcsuth

Signings I want in January on 13:10 - Dec 22 by FevsBCFC

I think he’s been a bit unlucky. Rarely got to play as the “sweeper” in a back three, was often the one who had to play LCB3, on his weaker side. When central or right side he has been fine. He has a mistake in him, but the Chanp punishes you. His distribution was good last season, alongside Mawson (we had him on loan) they were a key part of the way we built from the back until injuries hit us.

It does appear that he isn’t in Pearson’s plans and Hearts are allegedly interested in making in permanent. He’s 24, should be coming into his prime years.

Not sure if tweet links work, but here’s some analysis I did on him earlier this season….which Moore himself liked!

[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 13:11]

Links work, good videos & analysis.

Always difficult to get a full understanding from clips, but I have seen him a couple of time before on Sky I believe.

It would be a player I would certainly look at if Nsiala were to move on.
Signings I want in January on 14:05 - Dec 22 with 2187 viewsParky

Signings I want in January on 13:01 - Dec 22 by itfcsuth

A lot of them are no from me, either unrealistic or not what is required.

Nesta Guinness-Walker is a quite a good shout, although think Conor Grant as mentioned is a better option.

Out of interest, who on this list do you think is unrealistic?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 14:11]
Signings I want in January on 14:07 - Dec 22 with 2177 viewsParky

Signings I want in January on 13:25 - Dec 22 by FevsBCFC

Dasilva is allegedly available.

Yes, saw he’d been left out of the squad despite your lot having a few injuries.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/callum-odowda-bristol-city-squad-62

I imagine he’ll have Championship interest, but Ashton’s relationships etc make it almost worth a question about a loan until the end of the season.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 14:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024