Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They're taking the piss out of you ... 19:56 - Dec 19 with 3872 viewsXYZ

... and me. "Working in the garden" drinking wine.

When we could only meet one person from another household.

Assuming the Guardian have this right ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/19/boris-johnson-and-staff-picture
They're taking the piss out of you ... on 22:49 - Dec 19 with 752 viewsArnoldMoorhen

This is classic Tory leak of a story that turns out not to be a story.

The PM works from Downing Street where he also has his home.

He frequently has to work with several people at once.

His partner could legitimately, completely within the rules, pop out for a minute and chat with him whilst he is working with a colleague in the garden.

This isn't the story. This is a Tory leak to make everyone go "Oh yeah! Fuss about nothing!" when it is explained.

Stick to the real story:

Boris imposed lockdown rules on the little people and deliberately manipulated those rules so they didn't apply to him or his friends (Crown Estate exemption). Cressida Dick is totally in bed with Boris and is suppressing any investigation into lockdown breaches from Boris or his friends.

But the socially distanced, working in the garden photo is evidence of rules being followed, not the opposite, and is a Tory plant to muddy the picture.
They're taking the piss out of you ... on 22:51 - Dec 19 with 742 viewsStokieBlue

They're taking the piss out of you ... on 22:38 - Dec 19 by vapour_trail

So tired of this. It’s incessant blame of your peers for nearly two years now.

You blamed the lack of impact from the lockdown last Nov on peoples behaviours before the delta variant was identified as the problem. People have behaved really responsibly in the main.

Please try to be less judgmental, it would be good for this place to be more welcoming.

I think that's a rather unfair post and I'm tired of being singled out when I post similar things to other people.

Firstly, I clearly said "some" in my post because some will have the attitude that I outlined (some have even posted as much on here recently). Many will obey the rules regardless which is what they should do. You yourself have said people have behaved "in the main" which is fairly reciprocal as saying "some" won't behave. It's just not ideal for the Tories to have behaved like this then request others to accept restrictions.

I'm sure that some non-compliance was an issue last November but I'm not sure I ever cited it as being the main driver.

You're being rather judgemental of me whilst asking me to be less judgemental.

In the main, I totally agree that the majority have and will behave, that's not counter to what I said in my post though.

SB
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 23:31]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

They're taking the piss out of you ... on 23:06 - Dec 19 with 699 viewsGlasgowBlue

They're taking the piss out of you ... on 21:42 - Dec 19 by Swansea_Blue

Do we know who’s leaking the info and photos? They’ve been sat on for 12-18 months (probably by a whole load of different people), so the timing is obviously no accident.

From that angle it looks like it was taken from the bedroom window of number eleven Downing Street 😉

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

They're taking the piss out of you ... on 23:11 - Dec 19 with 678 viewsArnoldMoorhen

They're taking the piss out of you ... on 23:06 - Dec 19 by GlasgowBlue

From that angle it looks like it was taken from the bedroom window of number eleven Downing Street 😉

It's not Sunak vs Boris, it's Tory non-story vs real story!
They're taking the piss out of you ... on 22:29 - Dec 21 with 440 viewsStokieBlue

They're taking the piss out of you ... on 22:38 - Dec 19 by vapour_trail

So tired of this. It’s incessant blame of your peers for nearly two years now.

You blamed the lack of impact from the lockdown last Nov on peoples behaviours before the delta variant was identified as the problem. People have behaved really responsibly in the main.

Please try to be less judgmental, it would be good for this place to be more welcoming.

So since your post we have nearly 40% on respondents on a poll saying they wouldn't obey any restrictions and we have two threads with many people saying they wouldn't, many of whom are citing the governments behaviour.

Your response was both wrong and unfair.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024